Best off-site hotel shuttle?

ackitty

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

My boyfriend and I will be visiting WDW 1/22-1/27. I'd prefer to stay on-site, as we will not be renting a car and it would be nice to take advantage of the Disney transportation system. However, the budget-minded part of knows that off-site accomodation would be cheaper. I am worried that many hotels' "free shuttle service" is neither free nor remotely convenient.

Can anyone recommend a good value off-site hotel with reliable free transport to the parks? Or perhaps a non-Disney hotel within walking distance to Downtown Disney? I assume if we stayed at a hotel like this, we could walk to DD and catch the WDW brand buses from there?

Thanks experts! :earboy2:
Jennifer

We've stayed at the Travelodge Maingate East, 5711 Irlo Bronson Highway many times.( 10 or 12) The shuttle service is quite good. For the first 4 shuttles of the day they would go to a specific park. For example, MK. If I wanted to go to Epcot early, I would catch the MK bus, and take the monorail to Epcot. It worked out very well for us. However, we haven't stayed there for about 4 years now, because with the codes we get here on the boards, it's cheaper to stay on site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter