Best of the four restaurants for parents' night out?

jeremy1002

Rope Dropper
Cali Grill, Flying Fish, Le Cellier, or Yachtsman? Opinions welcome!

We have never been to any of the four.

I've never been to California Grill but of the other 3 my first choice would be Yachtsman. I'm a big steak lover! My second choice would be Flying Fish. Third, Le Cellier. The food is good but I hate the cramped table space!

I've only been to two of these...California Grill and Le Cellier. Of those two, I would take Cali Grill, it just seems more of an experience than just a restaurant .

For me, it's Flying Fish, hands down. Beautiful ambiance, terrific food, very professional wait staff. Best meal I've had at Disney.

Out of those choices, I personally would pick California Grill. My wife loves their filet. I can eat anything there - had the Pork Two Ways last time - very yummy. Excellent sushi - second only to Kimono's at WDW. They also have bartenders that know how to make a Manhattan. And if you're lucky, getting a table during the fireworks is really nice to do at least once.

We also enjoy Flying Fish and Yachtsman. Le Cellier would be a distant fourth. Again, just my opinion - ymmv.

Enjoy!

California Grill has both great food and an amazing atmosphere/ view. Le Cellier is okay food wise and not great from an atmosphere perspective. Flying fish has great food and a nice setting but setting/atmosphere is nothing unique or special. Don't care for Yachtmans at all.

Flying fish is hands down our favorite. It's a beautiful restaurant with superb staff and amazing food. Even their non-seafood dishes are wonderful, as their pasta bolgnesse was the best I'd ever had - and I'm Italian and make my own.

Cali grill is a close second.

We have a different take than most since we fly from SF only every few years, but of all the above we always pick Le Cellier due to the food quality, service, and equally important the 'Disney-magic' that is so much a part of the restaurant and location in WS.

Wherever you go, sure hope you have a great dinner!

I would rate them as follows.

Flying Fish
Yachtsman Steakhouse
California Grill
And personally I could not recommend LeCellier at all. IMHO, it is my lowest rated signature restaurant.

May I suggest Artist Point and Jiko for you to consider. They both offer excellent food and the ambiance of these two restaurants offer an excellent experience for a parents night out.

Flying Fish. The food has been excellent every time I've eaten here. I love the Boardwalk area, there is so much to see and do. Very easy to make an evening out of it. Oh! And the wine list is one of the best on property.

It seems I need to patronize the Flying Fish! I've eaten and enjoyed dinner at the other three and would pick the Cali Grill. I love the view and the fireworks deck.

Cali Grill, Flying Fish, Le Cellier, or Yachtsman? Opinions welcome!

We have never been to any of the four.

I would certainly remove Le Cellier from that list. I would just want to avoid the parks if at all possible for a "nice dinner". Between the other three, Cali Grill is probably my favorite but might depends on where I was staying. If I was on the monorail I would choose Cali Grill. Maybe a few drinks at the Polynesian before heading to CR. If I was at the Y&B Club or Boardwalk I might opt for Flying Fish or Yachtsman and enjoy some of what that area has to offer.

if it doesn't have to be on the meal plan I would also look into BlueZoo over at Swan & Dolphin. I'd put it right up there with or above the options you listed.

Of the 4 you chose, Flying Fish has, IMO, the best food and CG has the nicest atmosphere because of the view. If you are not tied to TS credits, bluezoo is fantastic and Shula's is hands down the best steak on property, both of which are at the Dolphin. If you choose to go to Flying Fish, bluezoo or Shula's, the Boardwalk is really nice to walk around at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter