Best of the Epcot-area steakhouses

Richard M Nixon

Peacemaker
I can't decide between Le Cellier, Shula's, and Yachtsman. I was originally leaning towards Yachtsman by default as I found that restaurants inside the parks never seem to be as good as their resort counterparts, and Shula's looks a bit too generic/plain, but I can't tell anything about quality from the menus. The only consideration here is taste, with a minor focus on atmosphere and drinks.

Help me out.

E: I'm limiting my range to places I can walk to from Epcot.

Shulas has the best steaks in WDW. Then Yachtsman. Then Le Cellier.

I say Yachtsman. While everyone has their own opinions, we're not big fans of Le Cellier, but we LOOOOOOOVE :lovestruc Yachtsman! We never go to Shula's at WDW since it's not unique to WDW and is something we can have at home (or in a number of other cities).

We are huge fans of Yachtsman.
Our experience with LeCellier has not been that good. Firstly, the steak itself is just OK. Kind of like Outback. If that's what you are after, then fine. However, we also don't care for the overall ambiance. The tables are so close to each other that you can't have a quiet conversation without being overheard. Service also hasn't been great.

Shula's was very good. I just didn't think the price was worth the slight step up from Yachtsman's steak quality.

However, for the absolutely best steak place I go with "none of the above". Instead we find Bull & Bear (at the Waldorf) to be outstanding. Its just a short taxi ride away. While technically not on WDW property its very, very close.

Love Shula's. Haven't been to Yachtsman but I think Shula's is better than LeCellier.

I say Yachtsman. While everyone has their own opinions, we're not big fans of Le Cellier, but we LOOOOOOOVE :lovestruc Yachtsman! We never go to Shula's at WDW since it's not unique to WDW and is something we can have at home (or in a number of other cities).

I agree with this. Shula 's isn't that much better if at all to justify the extra cost.

I can't justify Shula's for the cost but the Yachtsman for us, was THE best meal we've ever had at Disney World. Steaks were cooked perfectly for each of us (I like mine mooing a bit, husband likes his not to have a care in the world anymore), husband could sub a side of his choice, server was attentive but not overflowing, and when husband loved the garlic bread, the server made sure he took us up and talked to the chef about giving us a verbal recipe.

LeCellier - nope - even for burgers is not going to happen for us for a long, long, long time unless a new menu and/or chef is brought in.

Shula's would be the best, but if one is using the Disney Dining plan they don't take it. My top Epcot area places for a steak are Shula's and Yachtsman Steakhouse. Another place I liked was Flying Fish and their New York Strip Steak. And believe it or not I actually enjoyed the steak at Coral Reef and Captains Grill so much more than what I had at LeCellier. So in short, if it is a steak house you want it would be Shula's and Yachtsman and LeCellier would not even be in my plans at all. But that's IMHO.

I know I'm going to be soundly booed., but my favorite steak in Epcot is at the Coral Reef. The New York strip has been great three times. Plus I like the desserts, the cocktails, and the aquarium is gorgeous. We like to go at the off times and place is less crazy. It is a unique environment.

The worst steak I have had was at Le Chefs. I haven't been to the Yachtsman though. I'm sure it is great.

As many have stated you can pretty much rule out Le Cellier as one of the top ones next to the other two. I'd say if you want more of the Disney experience you'll get that at Yachstman (little better on the ambiance and experience) and Shula's is well just great steak at a really nice restaurant. So if you're going just for quality of steak Shula's, if for some Disney experience Yachstman.

I bet the Flying Fish would be good too. It is beautiful in there.

Char-crusted Angus New York Strip Steak - roasted young carrots, fingerling potatoes, heirloom beans, sauce Foyot $48.00

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter