Best non-ride WDW attractions

disneyangel97

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for some things to look into at the Walt Disney World parks that aren't rides. I'm a commando when it comes to rides but not so much the other things offered at the parks. I really want to try some of the other things but have no idea what there is and what's good. Please give me suggestions and your thoughts! :earseek:

Well, there are a lot of great shows, like Fantasmic! and Festival of the Lion King which are particular favorites. I love the classic animatronic shows like Tiki Room. The American Adventure is particularly good, and make sure to check out the Voices of Liberty singing before the show. It's worth the time!

What do you mean by "other things"? Like shows and M&Gs? Are you willing or not willing to pay money for these other things?

Tours are a good way to experience the parks in new ways. If you want to try some tours that aren't terribly expensive, you can try the Behind the Seeds tour or the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains tour. If you want to go all out you can go with Wild Africa Trek or Keys to the Kingdom.

What do you mean by "other things"? Like shows and M&Gs? Are you willing or not willing to pay money for these other things?

Tours are a good way to experience the parks in new ways. If you want to try some tours that aren't terribly expensive, you can try the Behind the Seeds tour or the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains tour. If you want to go all out you can go with Wild Africa Trek or Keys to the Kingdom.
What are M&G's exactly? But yes, I'm thinking mainly shows, parades, tours, etc. How much do tours usually cost?

I enjoy the movies in world showcase.
In Animal kingdom we like to check out the gorillas along the Pagani Forest trail and the tigers on the Maharajah jungle trail. We also like Rafiki's planet watch.

M&Gs = Meet and Greets. If you haven't done any, they can be fun. Mickey in Town Square Theatre is good, or Gaston is always a laugh.

Parades, Festival of Fantasy and Main Street Electrical Parade are always good.

Slow down, enjoy some of the atmosphere and entertainment around you, and don't always rush on to the next attraction. There's lots of things to see and do.

I'm a big fan of the 3D shows like Muppet Vision and Philharmagic. World Showcase has a lot to offer too with street performers, live music, and movies like those in France and China.

Each park is different. Sometimes the rides can get very crowded between lunch and dinner so we search out the shows.
MK- Carousel of Progress, Stitch's great escape, mickey's philarmagic, the hall of presidents. The Tiki Birds was better when it had some humor IMO.
Epcot- New 3d cartoons at Imgaination. Movies in France and canada good. And many of the countries have bands or entertainment that is very good.
Hollywood studios- has a lot of shows moreso than rides.
AK- Flights of wonder is a good bird show. Its tough to be a bug a good 3d movie. Festival of the lion king a big show with songs from the movie.

The shows can be enjoyable when they get you out of the heat for a while and get you off your feet so try a few and see what you like.

We're big Carousel of Progress fans, but that depends on if you constitute that as a ride. Otherwise, we enjoy meeting characters. We also make a point of trying to talk to CMs who don't look super busy. Usually we end up meeting great people and having some really nice conversations that way.

Philharmagic
ETWB
Tom Sawyers island
FOTLK
Pangani Forest Trail/ Maharajah Jungle Trek

At MK, I enjoy Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, Mickey's Philharmagic, and Carousel of Progress. At Epcot, I like the British Revolution and eating and shopping around the World Showcase. At DHS, I like Beauty and the Beast, Muppet*Vision 3D, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and Fantasmic. At AK, I enjoy Maharajah Jungle Trek, It's Tough to Be a Bug, and Festival of the Lion King. I have also done the Keys to the Kingdom and Wild Animal Trek tours.

MK also has Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom which is an interactive card game that takes you around the park. A good way to fill a few hours and can be done at your own pace

Agreed, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is rather entertaining and a different way to explore MK.

We ride like crazy at the MK when we enter then save the non-ride less crowded attractions for later in the day...including: Carousel of Progress, Laugh Floor, People Mover (technically a ride but seldom a line), Swiss Family Tree house, Enchanted Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, Hall of Presidents, Mickey's Philharmagic.

Philharmagic, Monster's Laugh Floor, Flights of Wonder and the Pangani and Maharaja trails are my favorite non-ride attractions. Hate to admit I've never attended Lion King, Beauty and the Beast or Little Mermaid because I didn't want to take that much time out of the day and am not particularly interested in those shows. Our daughter really enjoyed the Beauty and the Beast Show. When our boys were younger they really liked Tom Sawyer's Island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter