Best non Disney hotels with awesome pools!

kerri124

Earning My Ears
Well I thought we were all settled and ready to book but now my husband is debating between staying onsite (Coronado Springs) and staying offsite. We would have a car so transportation isn't an issue. It would be myself, hubby, 15yo son and 7 yo daughter. We're looking for an awesome pool area with slides etc. that will keep the kids interest for our down days. We'd also prefer if the room had a separate sleeping area. Not a deal breaker but would definitely prefer it. Thanks so much!

Thanks for the great link! Have you stayed at any of the properties listed?

Thanks for the great link! Have you stayed at any of the properties listed?

I have not, next trip we are staying 1 night at the Royal Pacific in Universal for the front of the line pass benefits. We stay at my mother in laws timeshare and on property sometimes. I have stayed at the Comfort Inn Maingate East a couple of times when we drove for 1 night before we check in to the main stay location - that place is inexpensive and pretty nice - my 6 year old daughter loved the pool there ..then again, shge loves all pools ;), I would recommend putting all those hotels in Trip Advisor - you cant beat that site for honest reviews. Have fun :)

I've stayed at The Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort and Marriott Orlando World Center Resort. Both have great pools but the resorts are expensive... just as much as staying at a Deluxe / Moderate depending on the time of year.

Persoanlly, I'd avaoid the drive off property and go for the complete Disney experience and stay at Coronado Springs. Don't forget that Coronado Springs has a water slide as well.

Here are three that had pools we loved.

Royal Pacific at US - lots of different areas, they had citrus infused water and passed out italian ices. Very tropical

JW Marriott Grande Lakes and Hilton Bonnet Creek - both have lazy rivers.

In June I stayed at the Hilton BC. It is on property, rooms are large and the pool is incredible. Loved it and will definitely be back.

You might want to check out my report on tripadvisor.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34515-d1308392-r134180827-Hilton_Orlando_Bonnet_Creek-Orlando_Florida.html[/URL]

Thank you. You've all given me something to think about. I'm going to head over to tripadvisor to check out some reviews. I may be needing a 2-3 bedroom place now because I just found out my hubby invited my brother and his wife so they may be joining us! Hopefully I'll have plans finalized over the weekend. All this planning and figuring out is enough to drive you crazy :upsidedow

Best pool in Orlando is at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes. The Hyatt Grand Cypress is pretty good, too.

I have stayed at many and prefer the Wyndham Bonnett Creek Resort. you can get single rooms up to 4 br suites and the pools and 2 lazy rivers are great.

You also might want to take a peek at the CoCo Key Hotel and water park. It hasn't been open too long, but it sounds like it has a great pool experience and I think I've seen discounts around....

Our family (2 Adults and 2 Tweens) all recommend Hilton Bonnet Creek. Accommodation is high quality Hilton. Hotel has mix of business and vacation guests. The lazy river pool was voted #1 in the world on Tripadvisor 2012.

Disney movies are shown poolside each evening.

The complementary buses to Disney are very comfortable luxury coaches running every 30 minutes from Hilton Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria. Saves taking the car. They are reliable both to and from the parks. Trip at AK and MK takes around one hour but Disney movies are screened onboard and the drive through WDW is pleasant.

Another vote for Hilton Bonnet Creek. Lazy river, hot tubs, large and shallow pool, plus activities. Plus you have access to the Waldorf's much quieter pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter