Best movies to get acquainted with Disneyland characters?

5ofus

DIS Veteran
My boys will be 2,4 and 6 when we visit Disneyland in September. Their Disney education has been somewhat less than I would have liked at tis stage. DS3 is obsessed with Cars and Mickey, DS1 likewise with Peter Pan, but really won't sit through much else. DS2 is my Disney kid and the one who will sit and watch Aristcats, Lady and the Tramp etc with me. When we get to Disneyland, I'd love for them to now who most of the characters in the parks are, both from attractions AND meet and greets. What movies do you think I should move to the top of our 'must watch' list?

Toy Story would be a good one to watch. Aladdin (you can see the show) The Jungle Book (Baloo is at Goofy's Kitchen), Alice in Wonderland (original) (the mad hatter and alice are around), Brother Bear (characters are at Storytellers breakfast and also in CA park), Mickey Mouse Club House (the famous 5).

Those are a few that I can think of.

I second Toy Story. Are they familiar with Winnie the Pooh? And maybe some old style cartoon shorts with Mickey and the gang so they know about Goofy, Pluto, Donald etc. I'm guessing since they're boys you won't be doing too much princessy stuff.

Finding Nemo, 6 year old may be interested in Star Wars (though my 6yo DS prefers Star Wars Lego to the movies). Do you have Foxtel? My kids loved the Disney Junior stage shown, so shows like Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Little Einsteins etc (though I am not sure what characters are in the current show).

We have a Mickey christmas movie that the kids watch over and over, which has Max.

Monsters Inc

Thats all I can think of for now.

I'm actually thinking I may have underestimated how much Disney I have subjected them to! LOL. They have seen all the movies suggested so far except Brother Bear and Pooh. We had a full on Toy Story stage before Cars so we're good there. Unfortunately we propbably won't have much to do with the princesses, but DS2 has watched most of them with me anyway. Keep Em coming :)

ahh there's just so many and it's hard thinking of all of the great movies out there from the top of my head :rotfl: it's great your children enjoy Disney, we don't get a lot of Disney influence here and I'm glad there are parents who share it with their kids :goodvibes:

I agree with the Winnie the Pooh movies,they're really sweet and I found them enjoyable as a child too
dont forget the lion king movies! Oh and Lilo & Stitch, the incredibles, the list is quite long

Here's a website I find handy whenever I can't think of what Disney movies to watch :)
http://www.disneymovieslist.com/animated-disney-movies.asp

ahh there's just so many and it's hard thinking of all of the great movies out there from the top of my head :rotfl: it's great your children enjoy Disney, we don't get a lot of Disney influence here and I'm glad there are parents who share it with their kids :goodvibes:

I agree with the Winnie the Pooh movies,they're really sweet and I found them enjoyable as a child too
dont forget the lion king movies! Oh and Lilo & Stitch, the incredibles, the list is quite long

Here's a website I find handy whenever I can't think of what Disney movies to watch :)
http://www.disneymovieslist.com/animated-disney-movies.asp

Thanks, I have over 100 Disney movies, including all 50-odd animated features. So far Pooh is the only one they haven't seen. I'm thinking it might just be that they don't watch princess movies so it feels like they haven't seen many :)

As you will be there in September, Nightmare before Christmas would be a good one to watch. Jack is everywhere!

Before our last trip I sat my 3 1/2 year old down in front of it (primarily so she wasn't scared) - Jack was the only character at DL that she actually hugged.

Lion King, Monsters Inc, Incredibles, Up, Bolt, 101 Dalmatians, Ratatouille, Bugs Life, Pinocchio, Fox & the Hound.

I started my kids (Disney) education early! Hahaha ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter