Best movies for the little ones?

deuceswild10

DIS Veteran
Hi All--

What did you find were the best movies for your kids when they were around 2 years old?

Thanks!

anything with lots of music. Especially Veggie Tales. My 3 year old grandson loves Dumbo, and he "needs" to watch it all the time. Any time there is a movie with music he stops in his tracks and listens:) All real early Disney movies are super...

We love Veggie Tales too! Toy story was my sons favorite.. I guess "Sid" could be scary, but really all the movies have a villan, and the classic villans are pretty creepy~! I remember fast forwarding through Ursula in the little mermaid, and Scar's song "Be Pre-paired" in Lion King... lol.. awww good old VHS...

My 2 year old twins love Yo Gabba Gabba, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and EVERYTHING by Pixar. (Even the "slower" Up and Wall-E) They are fanatics for Buzz and Woody, Cars, Bugs Life and Monsters Inc.

We recently started introducing some of the older Disney films, they enjoyed Little Mermaid, Alice and Wonderland and Dumbo, they were not thrilled with Lilo and Stitch.

My DD loves Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, the Disney Faries movies, Dumbo, Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, and 101 Dalmations. Oh, and Lion King.

My son will watch Cars over and over. He loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates, thank God we have On Demand. Also Finding Nemo, the Jungle Book, Peter Pan, and 101 Dalmations (the puppy movie). Parts of Fantasia are great "quiet time" movies in our house, I wish I had it on DVD. We listen to Disney soundtracks in the car and my 6 year old will yell out the scenes or movies to his brother to make sure the 2 year old is paying attention.

We've been watching Cinderella and Bambi (until Bambi grows up) a lot in our house. She watches Tangled and Little Mermaid every now and then. Also, she loves the Disney Jr. shows.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the suggestions. We have a very long car trip coming up (not Disney) and I think a little variety might be a good thing for all of us. :lmao:

My kids loved the movies by The Little Einstein Company (not the show on Disney Channel). They would watch them over and over again - especially the ones on pets/animals.

When DD2.5 was closer to 2 she enjoyed flashier movies. She liked Rio (which is a really beautifully animated film), Toy Story 3 and Tangled. Now that she's a bit older she's really into Cinderella, Snow White and Peter Pan.

We're leaving this week to visit friends that are 10.5 hours away. The iPad is our best friend for long car rides. We have it loaded with games, TV shows and movies. We have to take it away from DD when we want her to nap otherwise she wouldn't even sleep in the car!

Christmas Eve on Sesame Street was a favorite all year round.

"The Red Balloon" is essential viewing for a 2-year-old. Mandatory.

Totally depends on the kid. For DD, any Shrek movie, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty & the Beast (including the Christmas one), Mary Poppins, Veggie Tales, Elmo, Snow White, Little Mermaid.

For DS, Mater's Tall Tales (I'm surprised that DVD still works), Lion King, Madagascar, Pixar Short Films, Elmo DVDs, 101 Dalmatians, Lady & the Tramp, Dora, Diego, Team Umizoomi, Tangled, Fantasia (mainly the Fantasia 2000 -- especially "No Touch It"/"Green Girl" which was the Firebird Suite, along with the Donald Duck one and old Mickey Mouse Sorcerer's Apprentice).

For car trips I still pull out Curious George movies. Not the actual movie, but the DVD's with episodes of the show on it.

Also, for long car trips without stopping - Gummy Bears! They're like 8 hour DVD's or something crazy like that, lol.

Little Mermaid was the #1 fave movie for both of our girls when they were 2. When we drive, I just usually load my CD case up with about 25 movies to be safe.

I usually try and break it up with some DVDs of shows so they have some shorter stories since their attention spans don't really do well w/full movie after full movie. I've packed everything from Phineas and Ferb eps, as well as the Muppet Show to Dora/Diego.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter