Best, most reliable directions...

metta4

Mouseketeer
Do I trust mapquest, my mom's garmin or a good old map? We are needing to find our way from San Diego (hotel is Holiday Inn San Diego on the Bay) to Carlsbad and then from Carlsbad to Anaheim (HOJO). For SD to Carlsbad we are leaving on a Tuesday morning to get to Legoland. Then on Tueday night we will leave Legoland and drive to Anaheim. What is the best resource to use that will be teh most accurate. I have not had good luck with my mother's garmin...:rotfl2:
Thanks for your thoughts...

Both of these drives are very strait forward, I would just print off maps.

Leave the Holiday inn making a right, go right onto Rosecrans. Down about a half mile then left(look for the sign indicating I5) forget the road name. Take I-5 north, exit on Cannon, LL will be on the right on Legoland Dr.

From there to Hojo return to I-5, go north on I-5.

Three options, exit on Katella and make a left, right on Harbor, Right on Manchester, Hojo is on the left.

Or from the carpool lane which will drop you onto Disney Way(Disneyland exit), take a right on Manchester. Make a right on Manchester/Clementine, Hojo is on the right.

Last option is to Exit on Harbor go left. Left onto Manchester, Hojo is on the left.

Both of these drives are very strait forward, I would just print off maps.

Leave the Holiday inn making a right, go right onto Rosecrans. Down about a half mile then left(look for the sign indicating I5) forget the road name. Take I-5 north, exit on Cannon, LL will be on the right on Legoland Dr.

From there to Hojo return to I-5, go north on I-5.

Three options, exit on Katella and make a left, right on Harbor, Right on Manchester, Hojo is on the left.

Or from the carpool lane which will drop you onto Disney Way(Disneyland exit), take a right on Manchester. Make a right on Manchester/Clementine, Hojo is on the right.

Last option is to Exit on Harbor go left. Left onto Manchester, Hojo is on the left.

Awesome..thanks! I will print off maps and use your information! :thumbsup2
Am I reight to assume that it may take 1-2 hrs to get from SD to Carlsbad Tues am..figure we will check out around 9am. Then tuesday night..after 7pm or 8pm , it will take about an hr to Anaheim?

I use standard maps from the auto club and Mapquest self-printed maps for detail.

The auto club maps mark points of interest (such as vista points and scenic views) that I would miss if I only used Mapquest.

Woody

That brings back memories. We did the same trip about 9 years ago. (DS is now 17) We started in San Diego and did the Zoo and SeaWorld, then LegoLand and then on to Disneyland. It was a blast and we still talk about the trip.

Awesome..thanks! I will print off maps and use your information! :thumbsup2
Am I reight to assume that it may take 1-2 hrs to get from SD to Carlsbad Tues am..figure we will check out around 9am. Then tuesday night..after 7pm or 8pm , it will take about an hr to Anaheim?

From the Hotel to LL should be more like 30min to 1hr. It's not too far and if you are getting in the car at 9am traffic will be calming down. Due to the possibility of light traffic that's why I would estimate 30 to 60 minutes.

I would try to be at LL early so you can get in and on rides quickly. Same strategy of morning crowds that you would use at DL.

From LL to the Hojo probably more than an hour by a little. Even though it's about 60 miles and traffic will move at 65-75mph I find it takes a little longer than an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter