Best Month to Visit? (according to weather)

Miss Kelly

DIS Veteran
Just wondering when would be a good time to visit? I don't want to go when it is burning up, but I do want to go when the water parks are open and we can still enjoy the sunshine.

Thanks!

I would say the best time to go would be October. I've heard great things about the weather.

However, I do have to say, last year I went for the week following labor day, and while it was hot, there was NOBODY there. It was deader than dead. There got to be crowds at the end of the week because of the Night of Joy, but I would say that September is a great time to go. While it is fairly warm, the crowds are so light that it's really not much of a problem.

October!

We've been to WDW 3 times in October and the weather was always beautiful! Sunny, warm and no rain! Some mornings started out kind of cool but things warmed up nicely as the day wore on. We're looking forward to our trip this October.

I've also been to WDW in September (twice) and it was hot, hot, hot and humid, humid, humid .... and rainy! September 10th is the peak of hurricane season .... in 2000 we arrived the day a hurricane was blowing up the Gulf coast of Florida. My DH & I went to MK that day anyway and we had the park to ourselves! We just put on some ponchos and braved the wind & rain. Rode Splash Mountain 3x in a row with no waiting.

Debbie

It depends on how warm you like it. According the the Historical Weather chart at www.wdwig.com September average high is 89, October is 84. My niece was there last October and it never got below 90 and rained everyday. But we were there in December once and it never got above 70. Sept & Oct are still in the rainy season. Summer is just plain HOT. December through February are probably best described as unpredictable. Sometimes warm, sometimes cool (I think down right cold at times last winter), never hot. March is usually nice, but expensive. We've never been in Apr (average high 83) or May (average high 87) because it's too expensive and also soccer season for us.

Notice I haven't said anything about November. That's because I don't want to give away any secrets! Although it can still be a bit unpredictable, The weather has always been great for us 75-85 degrees in the first three weeks of the month. Rainy season is behind you, crowds are low (except for thanksgiving week), and it is value season. What else could you ask for?! Gee, I hope no one else reads this!

I would have to say the first 2 weeks of May. We went on our honeymoon last year and there was not 1 drop of rain all week. it was hot but not summer hot. We LOVED it. We could not get back this year in May so back in Sept. We always go in Sept.
We did get a good code rate last May. October is supposed to be good but more expensive.

Sept has rain and sometimes hurricanes which just bring more rain. But there are NON-existent lines sometimes and there are always good rates. We really like going in Sept. The low crowds really make it worth it.

ps....yes we have been in WDW during Hurricane Floyd and last year during TS Gabby. but it was still fun !!;)

We have been to WDW three times in early to mid November and the weather is always great. Of course, that's not to say you won't get a cool, overly hot, or rainy day while you are there. Florida weather is very unpredictable at almost any time of the year except summer when you can be sure it will be hot.

Thanks everyone. November seems to be a good time. I think I'll look into going then.

Thanks again!
Kelly

We went in May, and loved the weather. We went during a very dry time. No rain the entire week. I felt guilty loving the weather, knowing that the state was in a drought though.

We will be going in October this year. For anyone who has went then.- Will we need long pants, or long sleeves, jackets, sweatshirts. I hate overpacking, but am not sure about the weather. Will shorts, and short sleeves, sleeveless shirts, be the norm? I would hate to buy all new clothes, if we were too cold.
;) ;)

Thanks in advance for any advice:D :D :D

Early November. Weather nice. Crowds not too bad. The closer you get to Thanksgiving the more the crowds will increase that's why its best to do early November IMHO.

We've been to WDW in early June, late June, August and September. All were too hot for our tastes, except for early June. In September we could pretty much count on an hour of rain each afternoon. This year we are going in November (third week) for the first time ever. I am excited that it might be mild, but worried that it will be too mild to swim. And a little worried that I am going to have to pack everything from tank tops to heavy jackets to be properly prepared for any weather.

I'm desperately hoping for my first May trip next year, so I'm glad to hear all this happy talk about May....

Choosing all the times I've been (extensive experience with June, September, October; limited experience with July, November, and yikes, New Years Eve) I'd take September. These things are always subjective and depend entirely on what you want out of your vacation.

We find we don't mind the afternoon rains of September (and they just aren't THAT bad), and we like it to feel like Florida (meaning the heat). To us, October (while a GREAT time to visit Disney, as are most months) is just a bit to iffy on the temperature. To us, if the high that day is under 70 and the low that night is below 50, it's not Florida. That doesn't happen all the time in October, but from my experience, it's always a threat (just as bad rain is a threat in September).

And we love the deals and low crowds of September, which seem to be good but not as good in October.

Gotta weigh those pluses and minuses and decide for yourself!

Pat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter