Best monorail crawl strategy

DrGirly

Earning My Ears
So for one of our 'down' days, my mother and I are planning on doing a 'drink around the monorail' and I'm debating on the best strategy. I know we'd certainly like to hit Trader Sam's, The Wave, and Mizner's (likely in that order, since we have a 9:20pm ADR at Narcoossee's that I made thinking that we might be hungry after all our drinking, but since we're the type to order appetizers with our drinks, I'm on the fence about keeping the ADR. On the other hand, Narcoossee's is one of the few signatures I haven't tried, and so I'm curious), but the completionist in me is bothered by not including the Tambu Lounge and the Outer Rim, not to mention the lounge at WL.

I know we'll be hitting up the Tambu Lounge earlier in the week while we wait for our 'Ohana ADR (I'm in Lapu Lapu withdrawal since last year's visit!) so I feel somewhat okay if we don't include it, but I also figure that we can stick it in after Trader Sam's. I've also heard that the Outer Rim is nothing particularly special in terms of ambiance or menu, compared to the bar at The Wave. I've heard good things about the Territory Lounge, especially the fondue they serve, but it doesn't work with my original plan of starting at WL, now that we have to take into account the line for Trader Sam's (I'm planning to get there early pre-opening so that we can be in the first wave of people let in).

Any suggestions for this endeavor (and any appetizer/drink recommendations) would be helpful!

My hubby and I did this once upon a time, pre-child and we ate along the way so an ADR is not necessarily needed. We grabbed a drink and an app to share at Cali Grill, Citricos, and Tambu Louge and enjoyed them all and were plenty full. I'd also add Territory Lounge to the mix and order the fondue, yummy!

I was thinking of doing this too on our trip. But ? OP - wouldn't a monorail crawl just be GF, Poly & Contemp? I see you're including WL? do you just take the bus there?? I can't quite figure out how or if to add resorts off the monorail line.

I was thinking of doing this too on our trip. But ? OP - wouldn't a monorail crawl just be GF, Poly & Contemp? I see you're including WL? do you just take the bus there?? I can't quite figure out how or if to add resorts off the monorail line.

My thought with WL is taking the boat that goes there from the Contemporary. My original plan was to take the boat from MK to WL, start at Territory Lounge, and then take the boat from WL to CR and hit up the Wave, then go to the Poly and GF. But, with the crowds at Trader Sam's, I think it would be a better plan to start at the Poly. I could do Poly to CR to WL to CR to GF, giving us an opportunity to do both lounges at the Contemporary.

Other than WL, I don't think I would add any other resorts that aren't on the monorail line. The Epcot resort crawl around Crescent Lake is another whole project for a different day!

I love that - I always forget about the boats! lol

This is a great idea...might not get that far on this next trip...but I will definitely put it on the "to do list" - Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter