Best money making tips?

CdnDisMom

Wishing For another Dis Vacation!
What are your best ideas/tips for making money?

I'm a stay at home mom with two little ones right now and so can't really take on an out of home job right now, but would like to find a way to make a little extra cash to put away to go on a Disney trip :thumbsup2

I have had a couple of garage sales, but they haven't brought in too much really.
I'm a "part time" photographer but I don't get too many jobs because there is another photographer in town who is dirt cheap and I just can't compete with her prices :(

So, what do you do to bring in some "Disney Money"?

I know I can't get there on this money but Superpoints (click a button 100 times a day) and Web Perspectives (Surveys) have earned me about $500 in the last year, and I do them sitting in front of the TV every night

PM me if you have any questions.

IMO the best opportunities for SAH parents is childcare. Even if you don't want to take on a kid full time you could do before school time with school aged kids and make $15 - $20 per kid for an hour or so of care! Same with after school care. OR just open up for part-time kids a couple days a week. OR you could be a 'sub' for other in home childcare places. I know a ton of people who are looking for last minute places for their kids if their regular sitters are on vacation or sick themselves. That could pull in easily $30 per kid.

Word of mouth is the best way to go for this type of thing - friends of friends might use you since they know someone you know and who trusts you. I would 'advertise' it on Facebook or similar. Or start asking around for people who do in-home childcare and go meet and speak to that person and offer your services as a 'backup' if she isn't available.

I have been working at night since my boy was 4 months old (he's now 6 years old). It's not at all easy, but you get used to it and can still be a SAHM during the day. I've worked from 12 to 30 hours, but it's been a decent amount of money. A lot of food stores are open all night long; I work at a large company's third shift as a copywriter.

Also, if you have an iPod/iPhone, start using Viggle and Wikets. I've made over $600 since February on our household accounts.

I have been working at night since my boy was 4 months old (he's now 6 years old). It's not at all easy, but you get used to it and can still be a SAHM during the day. I've worked from 12 to 30 hours, but it's been a decent amount of money. A lot of food stores are open all night long; I work at a large company's third shift as a copywriter.

Also, if you have an iPod/iPhone, start using Viggle and Wikets. I've made over $600 since February on our household accounts.

What is Wikets? I would be very interested in this.

I work Swagbucks constantly. Both my fiance and I have accounts. My DS does too but it is for him, not Disney. Between the two of us, we can make around $100 a month. I cashout us out for PayPal or Amazon. Paypal goes to Disney, Amazon goes to holidays. I run Swagbucks Mobile every morning on our Kindles. You can get 50 points a day from just that. Then I run SwagTV as much as I can every day. If you walk past my computer then you start another video. It runs all day long.

I am just learning to Viggle. I need to be more consistent. I am figuring I can use the GC from Viggle for household stuff then put that money into the Disney fund.

What are your best ideas/tips for making money?

I'm a stay at home mom with two little ones right now and so can't really take on an out of home job right now, but would like to find a way to make a little extra cash to put away to go on a Disney trip :thumbsup2

I have had a couple of garage sales, but they haven't brought in too much really.
I'm a "part time" photographer but I don't get too many jobs because there is another photographer in town who is dirt cheap and I just can't compete with her prices :(

So, what do you do to bring in some "Disney Money"?
I'm not sure whether people noticed that you are from Canada. Some of the rewards programs that people in the USA use may not be open to Canadians. Most rewards programs are good for a little bit of pocket change, but you're not going to finance a Disney trip anytime soon by doing just rewards programs. They can be big earners when you first join but it's pretty difficult to maintain $50+/month in earnings on any program.

You might want to look into doing some sort of customer service from your home during the hours that the kids are asleep. In the USA, we can apply thru a company called LiveOps. But they don't have any Canadian participation. You would have to look for a similar agency in Canada.

I also recommend babysitting and in-home child care for SAHMs. Check your local laws regarding any restrictions you might have to adhere to before you begin. The last thing that you want is to see your hard-earned Disney money eaten up by fines.

but you would have to do it beyond daytime hours. Usually people use homes instead of kennels when they go on a vacation and so forth.

You can go to people's homes doing this, as well and you would feed them, potty them if needed, play with them and give them water. For birds and reptiles you may have to clean cages. You would have to work it out early in the morning before hubby left for work, then right after he comes home from work and then another time before bedtime.

If you are in the right area pet walking may work, too.

My best answer is just to save and not spend money. Avoid restaurants like the plague. Buy clothes off season and do clearance items that way for everyone. Buy generic foods as much as possible. Stretch meals by using noodles or rice and make casseroles. Use bread to fill up on. Use soup to make casseroles. Avoid having every light on in the house; go to bulbs with less wattage. Turn the thernmostat lower or higher than normal depending on the season. Two degrees can save a lot. If you don't wash your own car do it and save the money. Cut out luxury items like get a cheaper phone plan or internet plan. Find ways to have fun for free like doing a picnic at a park.

I have an Etsy shop that certainly doesn't bring in a full time income, but it does pay for Disney! Do you have any creative endeavors you can sell on Etsy? Or maybe the rest of those garage sale items on Ebay. Also, I have a friend that takes Pizza Pizza orders from home. She works when she wants and makes I think $12 an hour. I was going to try that if Etsy didn't work out for me. I'm thinking of selling my extra and unused craft supplies on Ebay.

I also forgot to mention selling outgrown toys and clothes at some place like Once Upon A Child. I always use them and every dime goes in to Disney. It may only be $30 or $50 each time, but it all adds up! Of course this doesn't help if you are planning on more children.:goodvibes It's cheaper to save those items for the next little one that comes along! DVD's, CD's and games go to the Swap Shop. Don't get much, but if they are useless to me, I may as well have the dollar or two for Disney! ;) Maybe you have some adult clothes and accessories that can go to a resale shop that gives you back $. Last suggestion, then I'll leave you alone! If you are a baker or make a great jam, etc., try selling at a farmers market or craft fairs. Make great cakes? Sell those. They don't have to be giant wedding cakes, but simple carrot cake etc. will sell very well and you can just do that from home. I have a friend that does that by social networking and Kjiji. Sorry, I think that was more than one!:blush:

I was going to suggest consigning the things your kids have outgrown with a consignment/resale shop. I made $500 in a year's time cleaning out the basements and closets. It's slowed down now that all the baby equipment is gone. but I'm always taking clothes & toys & other kids' stuff. Best part here is there is little to no work. Yard Sales are exhausting!

Forget the consignment stores. Look for or start a FB consignment group! I have sold a lot on mine. From diapers that were open, clothes, toys, etc.

I was right where you are when our dds were younger. I did babysitting and night-time office cleaning. You could also wait tables part-time in the evenings and on the weekends when your husband (if you are married) is home to watch the kids. :)

It is an app. Slower than Viggle, but still works.

I've downloaded this on my iphone, but I guess I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

In order to get the 50 points per day max, you have to recommend 50 different things? It seems like I'm getting 1 point per recommendation.

Just wanted to make sure that i'm not missing anything.

Thanks!

I've downloaded this on my iphone, but I guess I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

In order to get the 50 points per day max, you have to recommend 50 different things? It seems like I'm getting 1 point per recommendation.

Just wanted to make sure that i'm not missing anything.

Thanks!

Yes, that's right. Or re-rec stuff, which is quicker. I have made almost $60, since I joined and just won $100 in their kitchen contest. Play around, it's not too hard and doesn't take long each day.

The easiest way I have found to have extra money is to cut the budget.

Normally spend $700 for groceries? See if you can gradually get that down to $500. Are the kids doing expensive extras like gymboree or T-ball? Find alternatives that cost much less or are free! Have cable TV? Cut it and get an antenna. Call around and switch insurance companies if you can find a cheaper one. Get your nails done regularly? Learn how to do it yourself. Get your hair cut every other month instead of every month. Children growing out of clothes too fast? Find hand me downs for free, yard sale and garage sale for the next sizes.

The above are just examples. You can look at your own budget and see what you might be able to cut out or cut back on.

The amount saved goes into an ING account and I have a nice little chunk in there and like to see it continue to grow.

Now that I am a SAHM, I feel my job is to manage the single income amount coming in.

Yes, that's right. Or re-rec stuff, which is quicker. I have made almost $60, since I joined and just won $100 in their kitchen contest. Play around, it's not too hard and doesn't take long each day.

Thanks! I'm going to keep trying it then!

What is Wikets? Does come for android.

I'm not sure whether people noticed that you are from Canada. Some of the rewards programs that people in the USA use may not be open to Canadians. Most rewards programs are good for a little bit of pocket change, but you're not going to finance a Disney trip anytime soon by doing just rewards programs. They can be big earners when you first join but it's pretty difficult to maintain $50+/month in earnings on any program.

You might want to look into doing some sort of customer service from your home during the hours that the kids are asleep. In the USA, we can apply thru a company called LiveOps. But they don't have any Canadian participation. You would have to look for a similar agency in Canada.

I also recommend babysitting and in-home child care for SAHMs. Check your local laws regarding any restrictions you might have to adhere to before you begin. The last thing that you want is to see your hard-earned Disney money eaten up by fines.

Actually bring home 50 dollars a month on swagbucks alone. I don't sit do offers all day either. Between swagmobile, swagtv and searchs.

This have paid for all three of my kids summer camp in this year. I maintain my mom swagbucks account too and bring 50 a month to. But that pays for Christmas for the kids.

I do real good on reward sites now. I think bring at least between 150 to 200 a month give take. But this is not my main job. I work two jobs outside the home. This Christmas, birthday,vacation, summer camp and entertainment fund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter