• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Moderate?

efoote01

Mouseketeer
What is the best moderate resort for us?

We are 2 adults & 1 child 7yrs old...she luvs the pool & slides...likes returning around lunch for a swim everyday & a nap.

Previoulsy we have stayed @ POP & OKW luved them both.

Thanks!

What is the best moderate resort for us?

We are 2 adults & 1 child 7yrs old...she luvs the pool & slides...likes returning around lunch for a swim everyday & a nap.

Previoulsy we have stayed @ POP & OKW luved them both.

Thanks!

At 7 she'd love the slide at POFQ, its meant for the younger crowd. There's a boat to DTD too. It's a small resort so everything is real close, not more than a 5 min walk at most. I like building 3 with a view of the fountain. It's close to the food court and bus stop.

While it shares buses with POR sometimes, you are picked up and dropped off first. You'll always have a seat on the bus in the morning. It has its own bus stop at MK in the evening. POR/POFQ are sister resorts, so you can use the pools at POR too. There's entertainment Wed-Sun evenings at Scat Cats and also over at POR too.

www.portorleans.org

we have stayed in both CBR (pirate room) and POR loved them both but if i had to pick would choose POR (boat trip to DTD nice and relaxing).

POFQ definitely. I've only stayed at POR (when it was Dixie Landings) but from what I have read POFQ is supposed to be a little nicer. I'm really liking the idea of a boat ride to DTD :)

Our 16 daughter has loved the Dig Site pool at CSR since she was 8 years old. It has a great slide. Here's an aerial view of the pool. It's one of my favorites as well.
digsitepool.png

I say CSR. We have stayed there twice in November and are gonig back in march. We are looking forward to finally getting to use the pool and the awesome slide. It is the oly one of the mods where the slide looked like it would be fun more than just a few times. All of the others are a lot shorter and more of a direct route to the pool. Oh, nad CSR is the only Mod with queen beds if that matter to you. (It was a big thing to us!)

Honestly, just pick the Moderate that you like the theming the best.

If you're dependent on Disney transportation, you might consider POR or POFQ just because of the alternative boat transportation to DTD. Also, POR and POFQ share pools so you can try out both pools if you want some variety.

If a Queen size bed is a must, then I'd suggest CSR.

You can't go wrong IMHO.

Honestly, just pick the Moderate that you like the theming the best.

If you're dependent on Disney transportation, you might consider POR or POFQ just because of the alternative boat transportation to DTD. Also, POR and POFQ share pools so you can try out both pools if you want some variety.

If a Queen size bed is a must, then I'd suggest CSR.

You can't go wrong IMHO.

I forgot CSR is the only mod with queen beds instead of doubles. He's right though. Look at pictures of the resorts and follow your heart. That's how we found CSR.

Look at pictures of the resorts and follow your heart. That's how we found CSR.

Agreed. They all have their fans, they all have pluses/minuses. But like you, rie'smom, we went with our heart and found CSR and have never looked back (we'll be there in less than two months for stay number nine!).

Well, if you plan on visiting WDW more than once with her...why not save the pool that has the bigger slide for when she is older. I am glad we stayed at POR a few times when the kids were younger. The dragon slide and the slide at Old Man Island were plenty for them then. They would be somewhat disappointed with such kiddie slides as teens, but when we were at CSR a few months ago--the bigger slide was fun for my (now) older kids.

I prefer CBR hands down because I love an early-morning run around the lake. It just sets me up for a perfect day!:)

We brought our 7 year old to CSR and he loved the dig site pool. Our room was less than half a block away from the pool where they also have a video arcade. It seemed like a very popular pool for kids and tweens.

I stayed at the POR and liked it. But you can't make a bad choice really.Its all subjective which is better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter