Best Moderate Resort?

I've stayed at Port Orleans Riverside many times and love it. My wife and I stayed there on our Honeymoon. It has a great food court with many choices, a great sitdown restaurant, a great store, and many things for entertainment. Bob the piano man (he is hilarious), a fishing hole, almost any water activity, and a boat to Downtown Disney. I normally stay in a standard room and it is just as beautiful as a water view room. If you like the themeing, it is definitely the place for you guys.

I have only stayed at CBR and CSR here are my pros and cons:

CSR pros:
The Pepper Market food was very good
The main pool was nice
The option of a sit down restaurant is a plus

Cons: The theme was just blah imo
We got stuck in the ranchos section and our room was a 15 minute walk to where the food was.
Since it is a convention hotel it seemed like the food prices were jacked up.
When we stayed at CSR there was a large convention there so it was quite hectic at certain times.

CBR pros: More of a relaxed couples theme imo
Although we were in Aruba the walk to Port Royale (where the food is) seemed much more enjoyable with the beaches, island music and the nice tropical themed bridge over the lake..
For the most part you felt like you were alone but not isolated in the evening walking around the resort.

cons: no sit down restaurant
pool theme wasn't as nice but I guess they have just refurbed it.
food options seemed a bit limited.

They both have their pros and cons but my personal preference is CBR, I feel that when I am staying at a Disney resort I am staying for the theme and the food is secondary as most of my meals will be away from the resort. I enjoyed the theme at CBR waaaay more than the theme at CSR.

However, if you decide to choose CSR I highly recommend NOT staying in the ranchos section.

CBR pros: More of a relaxed couples theme imo
Although we were in Aruba the walk to Port Royale (where the food is) seemed much more enjoyable with the beaches, island music and the nice tropical themed bridge over the lake..
For the most part you felt like you were alone but not isolated in the evening walking around the resort.

cons: no sit down restaurant
pool theme wasn't as nice but I guess they have just refurbed it.
food options seemed a bit limited.

They both have their pros and cons but my personal preference is CBR, I feel that when I am staying at a Disney resort I am staying for the theme and the food is secondary as most of my meals will be away from the resort. I enjoyed the theme at CBR waaaay more than the theme at CSR.

However, if you decide to choose CSR I highly recommend NOT staying in the ranchos section.

I agree with what you are saying, but just wanted to let you know that CBR does have a sit down restaurant ~ Shutters (although we've never ate there yet)!

lol i just realized that when I was looking at the resort map...Back when we went in 02 it must have been either closed or not there yet so I can't comment on how the food is there. But now that I know there is a sit down that just makes me want to go back there more

lol i just realized that when I was looking at the resort map...Back when we went in 02 it must have been either closed or not there yet so I can't comment on how the food is there. But now that I know there is a sit down that just makes me want to go back there more

I don't know how long it's been there. It was there in 2005 when we were there. Although like I said, we didn't try it. We have never tried any of the moderate sit down restaurants. Probably should. With the kids though we tend to end up at the characters meals at the deluxe resorts!

I sure am looking forward to the new pool at CBR! :goodvibes

I don't know how long it's been there. It was there in 2005 when we were there. Although like I said, we didn't try it. We have never tried any of the moderate sit down restaurants. Probably should. With the kids though we tend to end up at the characters meals at the deluxe resorts!

I sure am looking forward to the new pool at CBR! :goodvibes

same here...we have our first ADR's at Chef Mickey's this December...I think I am more excited than the kids!

We have only stayed at POR. We were there on our honeymoon. It was nice and relaxing! We rented a surrey bike and rode around the resort. I really love the boat that goes to Downtown disney. DH said the walk from our room to the foodcourt was long but I didn't really notice. We were there about the time you're going this year. We did notice a lot of kids. I think it was because of MNSSHP. They were all dressed up. We were in a king bed room so full bed vs. queen bed didn't matter to us at the time.

We are planning a trip in 2010. We are strongly considering staying at CSR. We like that they have a full room service menu. The other mods just offer pizza. We also like that they just switched to queen beds. I can't imagine trying to squeeze into a double since our daughter often ends up in bed with us.

I think if you're planning on having a king bed and don't care about room service you should try POR. I think it's worth it for the boat to Downtown disney. :)

I really don't think one moderate is objectively better than another. We've stayed at all of them and liked them all for different reasons. My suggestion is to spend some quiet time on your honeymoon visiting the ones you think you'd like the best and just stroll around absorbing the atmosphere. Have lunch at one, maybe early morning beignets at the French Quarter. It's a relaxing alternative to spending every minute in the parks - just another fun way to spend time at Disneyworld.

CSR!! Great main pool area, awesome transportation, and terrific food options. CSR has queen beds too!! Also, CLUB LEVEL will be an option as of 01/2009!! CSR also has a playground located at the main pool. Check out my CSR website below for pics and info.

Photo by steery1
11kfg3p.jpg
Ditto!! Another vote for CSR!!

We love POFQ. It is small and no more then 5 min. walk to almost anywhere on the grounds. They others are just to big for us. Last Dec. we stayed at CBC and we were in the last bulding on the property and it was far to walk anywhere. I like things a little smaller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter