Best Moderate Pool, Vote Here!

What's your favorite moderate pool?

• Caribbean Beach Resort

• Coronado Springs Resort

• Port Orleans French Quarter

• Port Orleans Riverside

Results are only viewable after voting.
At POR or POFQ, you get the use of two pools for the price of one. Gotta love the legal pool hopping! I think my kids liked Ole Man Island at POR more than POFQ's pool, although based on pictures they thought they'd like POFQ more :confused3 .

POFQ is my favorite pool on property, I LOVE SCALES!!!!!!
it is totally enchanting at night looking up at scales and seeing the downtown disney lights in the sky I wanted to stay in that pool all night, ive never been happier at WDW than I was in that pool, im serious :earsboy:

Coronado Springs has a spectacular pool. PO has a pretty good pool, but IMHO CSR has the best pool of the moderate hotels.

Our kids love the pool at CSR. Can't get them off the slide. We love Sietas for the margaritas!!

what time is the pool bar open until?? In the pics it doesn't look like there are any tables there - are there? I would love to hang out there with sisters family too and watch the kids play

Suzanne74 said:
what time is the pool bar open until?? In the pics it doesn't look like there are any tables there - are there? I would love to hang out there with sisters family too and watch the kids play
There are 4 or 5 tables along the side of Siestas and then tables scattered about the pool area. The closing time varies depending on how busy the resort is.

Well I can only judge 2 of the 4. I have only stayed at POFQ & CSR and CSR gets my vote hands down. I am a little bummed that POR hasn't got much of a showing but I guess we are just really staying there to see if we like the resort not just the pool.

The pool is just a plus for us.

Love these threads.

We are going to WDW in April, I"m still undecided where to stay, we are staying at a moderate, but which one? :blush: ABout the pool at the CSR, I don't see anything great at the pool by looking at the pictures. I see they have that big pyramid thing and a slide next to it, am I missing something? I"m not saying it isn't nice, but I was looking on-line at Carribean Beach, and their pool looks beautiful. But I've heard they have a very big resort, is it so huge it's take a long time to get anywhere?

I'm also unclear about the transportation, does a bus go to each section of a resort or does everyone go to a main bus station, like at the office area? :confused3

To each his/her own. The CBR pool has the old style cement slide. CSR has the new style, slide (123 ft) made of fiberglass (I think).

---------We are going to WDW in April, I"m still undecided where to stay, we are staying at a moderate, but which one? ABout the pool at the CSR, I don't see anything great at the pool by looking at the pictures. I see they have that big pyramid thing and a slide next to it, am I missing something? I"m not saying it isn't nice, but I was looking on-line at Carribean Beach, and their pool looks beautiful. But I've heard they have a very big resort, is it so huge it's take a long time to get anywhere?

I'm also unclear about the transportation, does a bus go to each section of a resort or does everyone go to a main bus station, like at the office area?------

I don't know about any of the other moderates, just CBR as we were there last week. Pool is very nice I thought. The slide is cement and was perfect for my 6 yr old dd. Older kids seemed to enjoy it too, though they were mostly the pre-teen age group. I have heard teens don't find it as exciting.

The buses do go to each section of the resort. There are the buses to the theme parks which go to all the island groups (but not the custom house) and the internal resort shuttle which of course stays in the resort and stops at all islands. The resort is large. We requested Jamaica #45 so as to be as close to the bridge on that side as possible. However due to our flight being cancelled etc we got there at midnight instead of 9 am like we planned (sigh) and couldn't get it. Got Jamaica #41 instead, the furtherst Jamaica building from the bridge. Honestly at least in August it was too darn far to walk in our opinion. And the buses while probably pretty efficient considering took too much time out of our day. I would definitely stay at CBR again (it's gorgeous, we liked the pool and food court very much), but ONLY if we paid for and got a preferred room location and rented a car. Otherwise I think we would try POFQ. Or Pop (again, preferred room location probably).

This is my very newbie opinion though. This was my first trip in 10 years and then we stayed off site. My last trip before that was in '87 and I stayed in the Contemporary with my family. So that's my only other WDW resort experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter