best moderate disney hotel

jdurar

Earning My Ears
Hi! My name is Jordi and I m from Barcelona (Spain), this summer I'm going to go to Orlando for second time but I'll stay in a Disney World Hotel for first time. For this reason I'd apreciate that you could say me which is the best Moderate Hotel for you: Coronado, Port Orleans French, Port Orleans River or Caribbean.

Thanks you very much, I will wait for your answers :);)

It really depends on what you want to get from your resort stay. POR is a relatively quiet and shady resort, POFQ has an awesome pool, CB is the largest resort on property and has bus service just to get around the resort itself, CS is used as a convention center so there are fewer kids.

by far french quarter, have stayed at all the mods but fq 8 times but we have no young children.the boat ride to down town is are favorite

Thanks you kpskyman and lizabean for your answers, children it isn't a problem for me cause i'm a teacher :) I would like to be in the most beautifull of them :)

We LOVE Caribbean Beach. We love the quiet pools, courtyards, food court, the feel of being in the Caribbean. It is large, but get a preferred room, or ask for Aruba or Jamaica. The beaches with hammocks are very relaxing. you hardly see other people during the day. CBR is NOT a convention hotel. CSR is. What ever you choose, you will be at Disney, so that's a plus. Bus stops are covered and have benches. Sometimes your bus comes right away, other times not so much. But that is the same at any Disney resort.:yay:

If just wanting a nice relaxing resort, that has real beauty, I would go with a mansion room at POR. Easily the most elegant of the mods. There is a boat ride to DTD, you can get a horse carriage ride, and it usually qualifys for the FDD if you are going when it is offered

I really love the Port Orleans French Quarter. The jazz music they play in the background, the fun Mardi Gras themed food court, the sea serpent in the pool, and the boat rides to Downtown Disney are all great!

Hi! My name is Jordi and I m from Barcelona (Spain), this summer I'm going to go to Orlando for second time but I'll stay in a Disney World Hotel for first time. For this reason I'd apreciate that you could say me which is the best Moderate Hotel for you: Coronado, Port Orleans French, Port Orleans River or Caribbean.

Thanks you very much, I will wait for your answers :);)

We've only stayed at one moderate, which was CBR, and we loved everything about it. We thought the grounds were beautiful with a relaxing Caribbean feel, the food court was great with a lot of variety, both the main and quiet pools were nice, and the buses were great. With that said, POR looks like a great resort and would my second choice after CBR. Good luck.

I really liked our stay at POR. For one, the idealized Southern look speaks to my "Gone With the Wind" movie experience...even though I have lived/do live in the South. I really like the aesthetic and gardens. The rooms are spacious for a smaller party. Did I mention that walking anywhere around the resort offers you wonderful ambience? The paths and gardens are so pretty. The bar has evening entertainment several times a week.

Aside from that, the two are easy bus rides to almost everywhere, easy boat rides to DTD (great for dining options), and within walking distance of each other if you want to enjoy both of the resorts' amenities.

I'm not a big fan of counter service at a resort after doing it in the parks, so I will always opt for an available table service option.

The big difference for me is that Caribbean Beach only has double beds while all the others have Queen beds. My personal favorite is Port Orleans Riverside. The grounds are really beautiful and I love the boat ride to Downtown Disney.

That is an excellent point. It's one reason we've yet to try the CBR. As cool as the theming looks, I cannot traipse through theme parks for 7 days straight and try to squish into a double bed with my husband!

We've only stayed at one moderate, which was CBR, and we loved everything about it. We thought the grounds were beautiful with a relaxing Caribbean feel, the food court was great with a lot of variety, both the main and quiet pools were nice, and the buses were great. With that said, POR looks like a great resort and would my second choice after CBR. Good luck.

Completely agree with mickeynut1. Our favorite moderate by far is CBR. It has such a laid back and relaxed atmosphere which is such a nice break from the craziness of the parks. We like the food court and the pool better also. Even when CBR is at full capacity it never feels like it. POR would be 2nd followed by POFQ. We haven't tried CSR yet.

If you have any princess fans, the royal rooms at Riverside are amazing! The outside of the resort is very shaded and relaxing, it's great!

We prefer CSR. Love the option of the concierge (lite) rooms with the lounge access. The buses at CSR are very good too.

Have stayed at almost all. Our order and reasons as follows:
1. POFQ- quaint and quiet. After a long day at the parks, it was nice to be able to get off at 1 bus stop, and be within walking distance to our room and all other ammenities.
2. CSR- a little big, and stayed twice. Favorite theming of all hotels on grounds, best pool area
3. CBR- great theming, but way too big. It is its own city. Also, very loud and has some tour groups there frequently.

Never stayed at POR. We are going again in July and moving to Deluxe, so it will be an interesting comparison.

There a fairly extensive fan site on the Port Orleans' Resorts here:
www.portorleans.org

Lots of great info and photos on both French Quarter and Riverside.

Love POFQ, but the Royal rooms at POR are amazing. By far the most beautiful rooms in a mod.

Hi
I would have to say POR or CSR for moderates. We love both of them. I give POR a slight edge because of the food court and the bus to DTD. They both have great pools, good transportation and beautiful grounds.
CBR is going to start a renovation this month that will take about a year.

Good luck!:goodvibes

POR for sure...but in the Mansion section. It's just beautiful. And if you're feeling crazy...get the royal room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter