best mod for couple with no kids

sambisc

Mouseketeer
what's the best moderate resort for a middle aged couple with no kids? we won't be doing the parks everyday, and prefer a more laid back environment.

I go with my adult daughter and we both like POR Riverside. Prefer the mansion section, either magnolia Terrace or Acadian House. Both close to amenities and bus.
Beautiful grounds, love strolling along the river paths, has a boat to DTD, horse & carriage rides, a marina with boat rentals, a main pool and quiet pools if you want to get away from the main pool! Evening entertainment in the lounge, Bob Jackson puts on a show that manages to appeal to both kids and adults. Rooms have recently been refurbed.

I would have to pick POR or POFQ. Both are beautiful, however the small size of POFQ may appeal to you more.

Port Orleans Riverside. Great bar, beautiful grounds, boat ride to Downtown Disney and their entertainment and dining options. Get a King Room and Enjoy!

Riverside. Hands down. Just came back from a week with DH. :goodvibes

And a month later 11 days witb DS &DDIL. So much fun the Mansions are our favs. Very quiet and laid back. We had Royal rooms both times. Very nice and close to everything. We love the lounge and yehaa bob. Food is good at CS and TS. Easy to get to DTD for other restaurant options and shopping! We won't stay at any other mod!!

We prefer the POFQ side over Riverside. I loved walking hand in hand over the cobblestone.

I recommend Port Orleans Riverside. We spent our honeymoon there and it's always been a special place for me. There will be kids (at any resort) but the theming at POR is more relaxed, less in-your-face Disney.

We love Coronado. We've stayed 10 times...including both if our 50th birthdays, 25th anniversary, successful cancer surgery....all without our kids. Beautiful theme, great rooms with sliding doors, largest hot tub, fitness center and massages and an upscale club with music and dancing and a DJ on the weekends.

We just got back from CSR a few days ago and we really enjoyed it but didn't fall in love with it. However, our favorite Mod would still be the POR by far. The only thing that I liked better at CSR were the sliding doors between the beds and the bathroom area. Made for a nice dressing area in the morning.

POR. we just got back and loved it! we've stayed at POFQ and CBR also. We seem to be in the minority in that we didn't like POFQ. didn't feel "resort like" enough for us. we liked the theme at CBR, but felt that POR was more romantic and more private. we liked the pool bar better at POR than the other two as it felt more secluded from the pool. Pool activities were going on around us, but we didn't feel overwhelmed with kids and music playing. CBRs pool bar just felt like a kiosk in the middle of a walking path with a few chairs around it.

I say get a river view room at POFQ! You'll love the size of the resort compared to POR! It also is very romantic!

Port Orleans!!! I've stayed at CRB and liked the beach, but found PO to be quieter and more adult friendly. I stayed at Riverside but if I ever stayed moderate again (we bought DVC during our stay at POR), I'd probably say French Quarter because its a bit smaller and sometimes the quarter mile walk to the main house gets old.

Port Orleans French Quarter to me is the most laid back quiet resort...it is so peaceful next to the river...we love it there...
Even with the kids around...it is still very quiet...

Thinking of this question, I think it comes down to either POFQ or CSR. You can now book business class at CSR, and it is a nice, relaxing resort. But POFQ has the boat to Downtown Disney, which makes the food options much better for POFQ. Also, POFQ is the smallest resort. The bedding is better at CSR, but my guess is you won't be in the room too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter