Best mini putt experience

brooklindaddy

Earning My Ears
What is the best mini putt place within 15 minutes of Disney? Try to consider atmosphere, playing surface, and cost in your evaluation. We are looking to play a round or two in August.

I love the two courses at Universal CityWalk's Hollywood Drive-In Mini Golf. They're my favorite in Orlando. If you go, definitely do them at night; the cost of parking is lower (I think to $5), and because one side has a haunted theme and the other an alien theme, it all looks much better lit up in the dark.

http://www.hollywooddriveingolf.com/

We have golfed quite a few of the Orlando mini golf courses. Here is our ranking, in order of overall preference (best to least) taking in theming, cost, and all other factors:

Congo River (love being able to also feed the gators and turtles!) - multiple locations

Hollywood Drive In Golf - Universal CityWalk

Pirates Cove - multiple locations

Mighty Jungle - Kissimmee

Gator Golf - International Drive

Hawaiian Rumble - I-Drive (also has a course in Lake Buena Vista)

Volcano Island - I-Drive

I vote for Mighty Jungle IN Kissimmee. We got it last year on Groupon and were very surprised. It is clean and the management attentive. If you look on Trip Adviser they always respond to the reports either good or bad so you know that they care.

I thought it might be helpful to post some photos so you have visuals as well. I will try to get some pics up of each of our recommendations over the next few days.

To start, here is Congo River (pics from both the Kissimmee & I-Drive locations):

Hollywood Drive In Golf (The Haunting of Ghostly Greens side).....unfortunately, I don't have tons of photos from here (I was too busy golfing!):

And lastly.....Volcano Island. Not so many pics of this location either as we got POURED on before we finished the course.

Just a heads up......Lost Caverns Mini Golf (one of the courses on I-Drive, near Universal....if I remember correctly, it used to be a Congo River years back) is currently on Groupon. If you are travelling before the October 2nd expiry, you could get in one of the following offers:

• $20 for two 18-hole rounds of golf for two and one bag of gator food ($39 value)
  • $39 for two 18-hole rounds of golf for four and two bags of gator food ($78 value)
  • $58 for two 18-hole rounds of golf for six and three bags of gator food ($117 value)
  • $15 for one 18-hole round of golf for two and one bag of gator food ($27 value)

Purchase before the end of today and use code HAPPY20 , and you will save an additional 20%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter