• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Mexican Food?

minniebeth

DIS Veteran
*Should this be on the food sticky?...not sure....*

Ok, researching for our upcoming trip....
which one is best?
Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill in DCA,
Rancho del Zocalo in DL
or Tortilla Jo's/Taqueria (counter service window) in DTD?

We love Mexican food and would love to work one of these into our schedule.
What do you think?
Thanks! :yay:

We went to Tortilla Jo's on Tuesday night after park closing. It was good. I love their stawberry margarita!!

I like the Cocina Cucumonga Mexican Grill; but might have to change my opinion after I try Tortilla Joe's in August. :thumbsup2

I have tried them all at least once and they are good. I was happy with the food from each place.

Does anybody know if any of these places use and/or carry CORN tortillas or just flour? Last time we went we ate at Tortilla Joes and enjoyed it.

Does anybody know if any of these places use and/or carry CORN tortillas or just flour? Last time we went we ate at Tortilla Joes and enjoyed it.

This is what I've been researching...Tortilla Joe's (DTD) menu says the tacos, etc. are prepared on corn tortillas. It sounds like Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill (DCA) are flour tortillas made at the Mission Tortilla Factory right there. Not sure about Rancho del Zocalo at DL...
I've been looking on the allears website at their menus and that is where I got the info. You can check it out, they have the menus listed.
Hope that helps a bit!

I have only had the enchilada plate at Disneyland and it was good. One of the things we miss most about California is the GREAT Mexican food. We live on the East Coast now, but when we go back to Cali, it's friends and family, Disneyland, In 'N" Out and Mexican food, for sure!::yes::

I liked Racho del Z more than Cocina because of the atmosphere. I havent been to Tortilla Joes but I plan to go when we go to DL next week, so I will report back!

Really, neither Mexican place at DL/DCA was really 'authentic' but its still pretty good food, especially for vegetarians ! :)

We really love Rancho de Zocalo in DL. DBF and I are very VERY picky about our Mexican food (he's Mexican, I'm 1/4) and a lot of Mexican places don't please me very much and RDZ does. I think the atmosphere is beautiful and I love the cheese enchilada plate. Like the PP said, it's not really authentic in the sense that the things on the menu are very basic Mexican cuisine, but none the less it is very good!

I haven't tried Cocina Cucamonga in DCA, but I imagine it is similiar..

I prefer the Cocina in DCA of the three. Their food is better than Rancho DZ for about the same price. Sometimes I will get a beer right next to the window and enjoy. Not much of a beer drinker but on a hot day with mexican food, yummo!;) Tortilla Jo's is as good, but more pricey. Based on the posts so far, I think obviously all three places have a lot of fans and you probably will not go wrong with any of them!

Good luck and have a wonderful trip.

Thanks for the responses, everyone!
It sounds like you can't go wrong at any of them, which is nice which means I don't have to "schedule" it and leaves the day a little more flexible which is always a good thing! :thumbsup2
We're looking forward to seeing what we try!
Thanks for all the help!

I have eaten in all three.
Did not care for Tortilla Joe's. Bland and uninteresting food and terrible service. Not what I would expect from a pricey restaurant in Downtown Disney. Or maybe I just have high expectations.
Rancho Del Zocalo, love it. Not that it is the most authentic Mexican food you'll find, but for a theme park, pretty good Mexican food.
Cocina Cucamonga just feels like a walk up window with food served on plastic plates, because that is exaclty what it is. That being said, the food tastes pretty much the same as Rancho, but without the atmosphere (and real dishes.) Also, I think the serving sizes are a little smaller at Cocina, but pretty much the same price as Rancho.

I'd say, choose Rancho. If you're still in the mood for another Mexican dinner on a different day, go to Tortilla Joe's because you can get alcohol and forget about how bad the service is.

Tortilla Joe's, we used the walk up window outside, sucked!! I will never eat there again, I've heard inside is better but never tried it.

Cocina was good, DBF had a burrito there, I wasn't in a burrito mood so I went to the the little market by PT Flea and grabbed a salad instead. :)

Rancho is my choice, I love the food there, and instead of beans I get the grilled veggies! Verrrry yum! :)

FYI, the tortilla factory makes both corn and flour tortillas, what they are making depends on what is needed. That is what we were told last trip, we went in thinking we would get flour tortillas and we got corn instead. They were good! I don't know about Cocina but at Rancho you can get corn tortillas, the enchiladas are corn tortillas.

Tortilla Joe's is good. I like the food at the walk-up window, but it can be hard to find seating. I also really like Rancho...I've never tried the others that I can remember.

I like Rancho del Zocalo. Not only are the food and atmosphere good, but as a Disney Visa holder I get a 10% discount there. :thumbsup2

I like Rancho del Zocalo. Not only are the food and atmosphere good, but as a Disney Visa holder I get a 10% discount there. :thumbsup2

I always forget this...and you can show your AAA card or AP and get a discount at Rancho too.

Just chiming in with another vote for Rancho. I love that place and have since I was a kid...we always eat there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter