• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best method of paying for stuff at WDW?

Amyg

DIS Veteran
There was mention of using VISA or Mastercard gift cards instead of travelers checks on trips. But how safe are these if you lose them? Travelers checks allow you to get another set if they are lost or stolen (providing you have the numbers) but what assurance does one have using the gift cards? Is there another means other than using charge cards or personal checks?

What I like is the option to charge to your room. All you have to do is give your card info at the front desk upon checkin. At the stores they charge it to your room and if you have enough vacation time there they will deliver your stuff to your room for you. I think its next day delivery. Of course you have to be a resort guest to do this though.

I agree, Maloy. We always charge everything to the room - food, souvenirs, etc. We carry very little cash with us. The only place you can't charge to the room would be the little stands that sell drinks, ice cream, etc.

I assume they do, but does anyone know for sure if Disney accepts American Express gift cards?

Disneylovingmom said:
I agree, Maloy. We always charge everything to the room - food, souvenirs, etc. We carry very little cash with us. The only place you can't charge to the room would be the little stands that sell drinks, ice cream, etc.
I was in wdw in may and we were able to charge things to our room at the little stands too.We charge in AK at at ice cream stand and at MK at a pop stand. Maybe they have updated. I agree that it 's the best way to go!!!!

I bring about $300 cash for the unexected things (tips, offsite, airport) and then we charge everything to the room.

When we get home, we pay off our CC that we used for charging to the room.

Works very well for us.

We use the room charge. It's the easiest for us. Easy cheesy. WDW makes it wasy to spend your money! :p

I never though about charging everything to our room, that's a great idea! So really, all we'll need is a couple hundred for tips and airport stuff.

I knew I could count on you experienced Disers! Thanks!

We normally charge everything back to the room, and during the trip I'll pay with traveler checks, every few days. This way I know all the charges are paid before I leave for home.

Mickey&Donald said:
I assume they do, but does anyone know for sure if Disney accepts American Express gift cards?

yes they do.

Another way that you can pay for stuff is using the Disney Gift Cards. We get Disney Dollars thru creation rewards and I just use the DDs to load the gift card. That way, I'm not walking around with change in my pockets.

Did you know that you can get traveler's checks in cards, like credit cards? They work the same way with the reimbursment and all that stuff, but instead of having to carry around money, you just get one little tiny card instead. Maybe you should check that out, they're great :)

We also love charging to the room, roomkey does it all and you don't have to bring creditcards with you to the parks. Very convient :cool1:

:wave: Another one who charges to the room!! :teeth:
It's easier and we are able to keep track of our spending just by asking the front desk for a print out of all current charges.
We bring only a few hundred or so in cash for tipping and the like, just like others have said.

Hey Bunchkin, just thought I'd mention that although my current infatuation is Disney (leaving for my first ever trip next week!), my long-standing infatuation of more than 20 years is Jon Bon Jovi..... :goodvibes !!!
I'm thinking the ultimate fantasy would be being "sandwiched" next to Jon on the crowded sidewalks of WDW waiting for the "Dreams Come True" parade to start.... :thumbsup2
(At least that is my PG rated fantasy.... :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter