Best marker pen to use for Pillowcase Autographs?

silkie8

Mouseketeer
Question to those who have left pillowcase or t-shirt with Guest Services for autographs: what is best brand/type marker pen to use for this? Thanks in advance for your input.

I used brand new sharpies in the colors I wanted. Basically primary colors. Some faded when washed but I embroidered over the signatures so it made a cool effect.

I used sharpie pens in Disney colors. I have not washed mine...they are just to look at. I have read on the boards from others that have tried both that the fabric markers work best. :thumbsup2

Pillowcase signatures: I have learned that you can take Two Items per stateroom to Guest Services on Embarkation Day (or next day) to get autographs from Disney characters. They will deliver the signed items to your stateroom last night of cruise.

You would put the item (pillowcase --- photo mat --- autograph book --- (examples) in a ziplock bag with some fabric marking pens. When you give to Guest Services, they give you a form as to which signatures you would like.

Also, experienced cruisers suggest it is a nice gesture to put a 'gift' in the ziplock bag for the characters who sign....(Skittles --- gum --- candy --- these were given as examples).

The signed items make a wonderful souvenier. Hope this helps you.

My understanding is the rule is "two items per stateroom"....but --- maybe a more experienced cruiser knows better. If I were you, I'd give three items a try, just explain you have 3 kids!!! What do you have to lose, they can only say Yes or No. Hope you are looking forward to your cruise as much as we are!!!

I work in a craft store. Amd also have experience with concert-autographed wearables...

Get fabric markers. Heat-set at home with an iron or in the dryer.
Avoid fabric softener for maximum last.

LOVE Bic Mark-Its for this purpose. :) Here is ours from the Magic, 2011. My dd keeps it hanging in her room, she loves it so much.

We put two white pillowcases, a box of new colored Sharpies and a few movie size boxes of candy into a large Ziploc. We received the items on the last day of the cruise. There was a short form to fill out ... basic information plus a question asking what signatures we wanted(Princesses, Classic Disney, All Characters ...)

Such a great service ... and not many passengers know about it. (Thanks, DIS!!) This year, we're bringing a plain white photo mat to display one of our treasured Disney photos!

I just read a post that said that they will not sign products with logos on them. They need to be plain white. I had never heard that before.

Wishing everyone a magical cruise!

Hmm... It's been a couple of years, but I think when we dropped it off for them to sign they just used their own markers. I don't remember bringing markers with us. My daughter loved it.

This is a great idea, thanks for sharing. Has anyone tried a t-shirt? That would be really cool and something you could wear.

Does anyone have any ideas other than a pillow case ? I love the photo mat idea, that sounds perfect ?

Some of the most creative things I've seen kids have that were signed:

White handbags/backpacks, large white vinylmation, big white mickey-mouse gloves, white canvas shoes.

One family got a big glossy sheet signed that they had scanned and printed onto a birthday cake in Key West!

One mom had a small sheet of white fabric that she got signed and blown up into a patterned set of bedsheets. I wanted those so badly!

I have lots of pillowcases, and fabric markers work best if you plan to wash it. The one we had done with sharpies faded. I think I am going to do a hard cover Disney story book this time and have them sign the inside cover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter