Best Makeup for WDW

CatDisney16

Earning My Ears
Hey! I would like to know what is a good eyeliner, mascara, cover up, bronzer for the heat! I know personally when i get sweaty my makeup just comes right off and my eyeliner smears everywhere and the mascara clumps. If you have any suggestions it would be great! Thank You! =)

I usually don't wear any down there either. But I have found some good makeups that don't sweat off AS easily. I use Bare Minerals, which stays on for a while. I have the foundation and a few eye shadows. But for eye liner, I use Almay. The pencil, not the liquid. I also purchased Almay eyeshadows, the kind that compliments your eye color. They stay on great!! And for the mascara, I usually don't use it. I was blessed with long, dark eyelashes naturally. But I would think that a waterproof mascara would work.

After several years of trying to make it work, I finally stopped wearing makeup in the parks -- at least during the day. Bare face is also easier to deal with if you're wanting to take a swim sometime during the day. Getting plenty of sunscreen on your face is much more important than makeup.

We typically go back to the hotel mid-day to rest and swim before going back out in the evening. When I dress after swimming, I will usually put on makeup at that time -- makes me feel a bit more "presentable" for going out to dinner. By the time we're back out in the parks, it's not nearly as hot as before, and the makeup stays put. So I suppose I compromise a bit on the makeup.

Sorry, but I am also going to say not wear any. I wear makeup everyday but when I am down there it is gone within an hour with all the humidity. I don't even take any down with me.

I know where the mineral makeup but I really wouldn't want to wear it there because it does something to my skin when I get hot - starts burning. It isn't the makeup because I can't even wear high SPF sunscreen because it will do the same thing. Just something with my skin and heat.

The best makeup I have ever found for any occasion is Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. This stuff only comes off with facial cleanser. It doesn't feel real heavy and it stays put for 16+ hours. I love all the Estee products but I will never wear another foundation. It costs $32.50 a bottle but lasts about 3-4 months per bottle. For extra long lasting don't use a moisturizer first.
Have a great trip!

The only makeup I wear at Disney (at least during the day) is waterproof mascara and eyebrow color. My eyebrows are VERY light and if I don't wear something, they just don't show up. If we're going to a nicer restaurant for dinner/evening, I might put on some eye shadow during an afternoon break back at the room.

I usually just do sunblock and mascara. I was looking for waterproof eyeshadow for this trip, but can't really find anything. I will be doing sunblock, MAC blot powder (though I don't really know what the point is since it'll just sweat off), MAC liquidlast eyeliner, waterproof mascara. I haven't decided yet, but I might wear MAC paint and a bit of eyeshadow. It's not so much the eyeshadow that melts off me as the mascara. I get ridiculously bad raccoon eyes. I'll take some concealer for blemishes. I have pretty good skin, so for evenings, I probably still won't wear foundation, just a dusting of blot powder. It is pretty pointless to do a whole face in that humidity...

Hi,
On our last trip to WDW I wore a powder mineral foundation,
blush makeup like Bare Minerals
(called Glo Minerals but no Eye Makeup because they alway smear).

I use the finishing spray whenever I have finished applying the
makeup and it seems to last much longer than if I didn't use it.
I would check my makeup whenever I went to the restroom and
If I needed a touch up all I had to do was use a damp paper towel
and lightly press and I looked like New.

I also wear a simple natural color lip gloss which I reapply during the day.
I wanted to look decent in all of the pictures that my DH insist on
taking of me and it worked, I didn't look washed out in the pictures.
:yay:

LOL the pictures are really the only reason I wear anything at all...I look ok in real life au naturel, but in pics...:scared1: yuck! LOL

It really depends on the time of year that you are going. If it's summer - forget makeup!! It won't last and you just wasted your time that day putting it on. ;) Not only that but the cover up and foundations just seems to melt into your pours which only looks tacky!!! Spend your money on some nice shades (meaning eye-glasses) and some waterproof mascara and you are good to go!

In other colder times of the year, wear what you would normally wear at home!

Another vote for minimal to NONE, LOL :rotfl2:
I wear my regular mascara which happens to be water proof and then a bit of lip gloss for color. The only "primping" I do is to reapply the gloss once in a while!

I am more concerned with having on a sunscreen than makeup. foundation???? WHAT IS THAT STUFF :rotfl2: not in my suitcase (and not even at home either!)

Thanks everyone for your ideas. I will probably try the Bare Minerals (I've been hearing great things about it) and just some waterproof mascara, to widen my eyes a bit for pictures. Thanks again!

Cover Girl Marathon waterproof mascara, lip gloss, and (as needed) Max Factor Pan Stik foundation.

The stick foundation is great - I have mild rosacea, and use as a cover-up. It covers well, but doesn't look heavy. I just spot-apply it to my nose, cheeks, and chin where my skin is red. It stays on pretty well, all day under most conditions (haven't "road tested" it in the heat and humidity yet, but I think it would last better than regular foundation).

Here's what the Max Factor web site says about it: "The goal? A flawless complexion. The means? Full coverage with a soft, dewy finish. Pan-Stik Ultra Creamy Makeup uses a high-tech formula to cleverly conceal pigmentations and skin imperfections while giving you maximum coverage. The results? A beautifully radiant complexion with no caking."

I agree with ZOZo .. Maybelline is the most waterproof. I do wear make up to dis in the heat. I wish I could not . But its something I am to insecure to go without! But I do make sure its melt proof. No point in wearing it if you cant get it to stay right. You cant escape the fact you will sweat but you can try this. Eyes mascara by maybelline , eyeliner colorstay by revlon then dust over with power . Actually dust eyelashes and lids before any eyemakeup. No shadow ,havent found a way to melt proof that. On to lips. If you wear lipliner use again revlon colorstay , line then smudge . Apply whatever lipbalm or lipstick u use. That is something that wont stay but its no big deal to apply lip balm again and if u use liner it already gives you color . Face is tricky. If you normally use a full foundation I wouldnt. Use instead a stick concealer with a q-tip in areas only as needed. You can powder but use a oil free oil absorbing one. I know its a cheapie but I still like shine free powder by maybelline . Cheap isnt always bad. Just get translucent shade so it wont cake or get orange. And instead of reapplying to many times which is what makes you cakey take a tissue and blot before repowdering. The tissue absorbs the oils and the powder wont get yucky. Also what I do because I have oily skin. I take a cotton ball and dip it in seabreeze and stick it in a ziplock bag in my purse before I go. When I use the rest room I blot my face with that. Then I dont need to apply powder . And if you pat it wont remove makeup just absorb shine. BTW my friend is makeup artist in nyc so some of these tips r hers . The seabreeze is mine. And nothing feels better when u get all yucked up in the good old disney heat.

I do the blot face before repowdering thing (if I do repowder, which is practically never) because I'm pretty oily, too.

I like your seabreeze cotton ball ziploc method...I think I'll take q-tips with makeup remover for a mid-day racoon-eye remedy.

Have you tried any waterproof or transferproof eyeshadows? I recommend the MAC paint, which is in a tube, or a MAC artist said shadestick is the same but in a stick form (and they have more colors). While they do come off a bit if you go swimming (tried it), they do last through sweat (played softball in full makeup and it stayed).

If you are like me and can't stand the thought of not wearing makeup, then this is what I suggest.... MINERAL MAKEUP! I've tried all sorts of brands of mineral makeup including the expensive Bare Minerals.. BM just ended up irritating my skin and made it all itchy... It contains the ingredient called "Bismuth" so watch out for that. For a poor man's version (and my personal favorite) I would go for Physicians Formula.. You can but it at Target/ Walmart. I like the bronzers... So usually I'd just get a spray tan and put on some bronzer and I'd be good to go. I'd start there if you are going into the realm of Mineral Makeup... It's cheap and easy and if you don't like it-you can always return it!

I love Mary Kay's mascara- I've worn it on Splash Mtn, and it stayed on!

For eyeliner, I use black eyeshadow and an angled brush to apply- it doesn't run the way regular eyeliner does.

I'm going to go against the grain of everyone saying not to wear makeup! I forgot my makeup bag at home one trip, and I hate ALL of the photos with me in them! I don't mind going out in public without makeup, but vacation photos are special, and spending all day walking around the parks does NOT make you look your best anyway, so I need all the help I can get!

Another fan of Bare Minerals make up here. I love the stuff. They now have something called BE Weather Everything liner sealer and Weather Everything mascara. The reviews on both are really good, so I recently bought some of the liner sealer on Ebay. You just mix a drop with any of their eyeshadows and you have weatherproof eyeliner. The only thing is, you better carry some good eye make up remover with you, because the stuff won't come off without it. It really weathers' everything and is totally water, tear, smudge, and sweatproof. If the mascara is this good I may be getting some before my Sept trip. My contacts always makes my eyes water, so I've always had a problem with eyeliners, but no more. This stuff is great. One of the reviews at Make-up Alley agreed it was great, but says a drop of eye drops mixed with Bare Minerals eye shadow will do the same thing. I've never tried that, but she swore it makes an eyeliner that is budgeproof.

I also always carry a pkg of blotter tissues with me to the park and use them everytime I go to the restroom to remove any face shine. The best mascara I've found is Majolica Majora 15X lash expander. Again though, you better have a good eye make up remover with you, because it won't come off without it and even then is hard to get off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter