Best Magnetic Paper for Door Art

This isn't exactly what you asked for, but I just wanted to throw in my two cents.

I have done both magnetic sheets and laminated card stock with magnetic tape for my door magnets.

I have gotten Fellowes magnetic paper off Amazon and it was the cheapest I had found it. It worked fine expect that the ink smeared when we would touch the door and really made a mess. I only have a basic ink jet, so maybe it's my printer quality, I'm not sure.

I much prefer printing on white card stock, laminating, and then using the magnetic tape. I've gotten magnetic tape in rolls like you find scotch tape for about $5 at Hobby Lobby, so I suppose any craft store would have it.

As far as laminating, our Costco has a Purple Cows laminator that comes with 100 laminating pockets for $20. It does a really good job. I thought that was really cheap considering all you can laminate with that!

Hope that helps...

Thanks for this thread! I just printed off a bunch of things for our door on Avery paper, but since I'm going on the Wonder in a couple of months and a concierge room on the Fantasy in April, I'm concerned that they'll fall of the doors. Do you guys think these would work to hold them up on the painted door (wonder) and thicker concierge doors?

http://www.staples.com/OIC-Assorted-Heavy-Duty-Magnets/product_614314

I'm thinking just adding tape won't be enough?

Thanks for this thread! I just printed off a bunch of things for our door on Avery paper, but since I'm going on the Wonder in a couple of months and a concierge room on the Fantasy in April, I'm concerned that they'll fall of the doors. Do you guys think these would work to hold them up on the painted door (wonder) and thicker concierge doors?

http://www.staples.com/OIC-Assorted-Heavy-Duty-Magnets/product_614314

I'm thinking just adding tape won't be enough?

It seems like they should, but we'll never know for sure until someone tries them... and they look fun to boot!

Be sure to let us all know how they work out!

on our door on the Wonder, stuff on the outside fell off - even with 'good' magnets, stuff on the inside stayed great - even with 'thin' magnets. I thought it was because the outside had so many coats of paint on it - but someone else said it's not paint but 'overlays' of some kind. Seems like a possiblity, because we had to lean on the door to get the deadbolt to engage.

We, too, were disappointed that our magnets kept falling off the door on our Wonder Hawaii cruise. We saw so many doors having trouoble while delivering FE gifts.

Were you in concierge?

Only the strongest magnets stay on concierge doors. :sad1: We upgraded at the port in January not knowing this and could only put up one of our many magnets!

:rotfl2: No we were in the cheap rooms. I have bought different magnets for our next cruise. I really hope they work. I just printed out on paper and laminated and will glue the magnets to them.

We just sailed on the Fantasy and I used two different kinds of door magnets...

some on magnetic paper that were part of a magnet exchange & some that were laminated card stock with the magnetic tape on the back. Both worked great and did not slide around. :thumbsup2

The Avery kind we used on the Magic was horrible! I did get it from eBay, so it could have been that it was old.

We were on the Magic in April and had no problem with the magnets we brought with us. I only have a laser printer at home, so I purchased adhesive magnet sheets from Oriental Trading Company. After printing our stateroom ears and a bunch of magnets for FE gifts on laser photo paper, I stuck the magnet sheet on the back and cut them out. Adhesion was terrific and they looked great - still do at home! Hope this helps someone. pixiedust:

I used the Office Depot brand magnetic paper and it is TERRIBLE! Not only have I found that it does NOT stick very well, but I have to use 2-3 pages for 1 magnet because it does not feed very well through my printer (it slips through the rubber rollers and the graphic will not print). So frustrating! I'll try Amazon in the future to get my paper.

I just picked up some magnetic paper from Michael's at a clearance price of $5.99 a pack. I also picked up some strips just in case.

I was on a budget since I had 4 doors to do. I did not laminate, I just used card stock and I used rolls of magnet tape from Hobby Lobby. I just cut about 6 pieces for each 8X10 piece of paper. It worked fine. Some of it curled toward the middle and did not stick perfectly to the paper but they never fell off. I took scissors and more magnet tape but did not need it.

Just got off the Magic and this is what I did too. Printed on card stock and used magnet tape I bought from Amazon. No problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter