Best Magic Kingdom TS Food

MQUINN86

Earning My Ears
I am planning my trip for September and find myself wanting to head to EPCOT each night for dinner because EPCOT has the only restaurants that intrigue me. I have scheduled Liberty Tree tavern for one of our days at Magic Kingdom, but I am not excited about it. How easy is it for my to drag our party of 10 away from Magic Kingdom to one of the close by resorts for dinner and then back for the Electric Parade and fireworks. Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Poly, etc. Any suggestions for eithe MK or for the nearby resorts?

I am planning my trip for September and find myself wanting to head to EPCOT each night for dinner because EPCOT has the only restaurants that intrigue me. I have scheduled Liberty Tree tavern for one of our days at Magic Kingdom, but I am not excited about it. How easy is it for my to drag our party of 10 away from Magic Kingdom to one of the close by resorts for dinner and then back for the Electric Parade and fireworks. Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Poly, etc. Any suggestions for eithe MK or for the nearby resorts?

Schedule an early dinner at one of the monorail or boat resorts, and you should have time to return to the MK for the parade and fireworks.

For a group, 'Ohana and Whispering Canyon Cafe are fun. I'd get the earliest seating possible to allow for a relaxing dinner, transportation time, and time to get a parade spot. My kids and I had a 5:00 ADR at 'Ohana a couple of years ago and made it to the MK with enough time to get a good seat for the parade at night in Sept.

What are the ages of the people in your group and what type of food do you think you would prefer. All of the MK resorts have good places to eat. I would base this on the ages and the food preference. It's not hard at all to get a boat to a resort or take the monorail. Maybe I can give you some advice on choices once you note the ages and food preference. :cool1:

Liberty Tree Tavern is excellent! Tony's Town Square is great and you can then go out front for an excellent spot for parade/fireworks.

I can go either way on Liberty Tree Tavern. Some times it's good..sometimes it's just meh. But we've never had a bad meal there, and it's usually (during a longer vacation) one of our must hit dinners.

I do like Whispering Canyon for the atmosphere but again it seems to be hit or miss with the food.

I think I would try one of the MK resorts. None of the restaurants at MK appeal to me either, except CP for breakfast. Kona Cafe at the Polynesian would be my choice. Ohana is good too but may not be a great choice if you have picky eaters. The Comtemporary and Grand Floridian also have decent choices.

I don't really care for any of the restaurants in the Magic Kingdom for dinner. Liberty Tree Tavern and the Plaza are nice for lunch, but I'd rather go to a monorail resort — any of them — for dinner.

I agree with PP's advice. Go early. Schedule a dinner for 5 or 5:30 and you'll be able to get out of the heat at an ideal time of day, and you'll be back at the Magic Kingdom in time for the parade and fireworks.

If you really can't bear to leave MK and you're on the Dining Plan, then get a 6.30 reservation for the Crystal Palace, it's a buffet in a beautiful Victorian building right off of Main Street, and you'll exit just in time for the Main Street Electrical Parade at 8 o'clock. Buffets are natural crowd pleasers! If you're not on the Dining Plan, then head over to the other side of Main Street to the Plaza Restaurant since it's less expensive and you don't blow table service credits on an inexpensive table service.
Personally, I enjoy heading over to Captain Cooks at the Polynesian for their tonga toast with bacon for breakfast, then coming back for their tropical chicken salad or their adult grilled cheese for lunch. It's a counter service, though, but a very nice one. Best salad and best grilled cheese on the property, I promise.

i think it would depend on your group too-- like ages of everyone in the party

i have never eaten at the Liberty Tree Tavern-- Tony's is nice though. Awesome atmosphere and decent italian food-- and its right at the begining of Main Street so you can come out for a nice view of the parade.

Crystal Palace would be nice if you have a lot of children. its buffet with Winnie the Pooh-- food isnt wonderful, but not horrible and the kids have fun.

If you can get ADR for Cinderella's Royal Table--you can request a seat near the windows so you can have a view of the parade from the castle (not sure if they have tables for 10 by the windows though) and that would be cool.

I would say Ohana and the Whispering Canyon would be nice for your group size -- or 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian, Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Step Sisters, thats buffet also and the atmosphere is nice. You can take the boat or the monorail to the resort and then back to MK for the show. I would get an early reservation too that way your not waiting to be seated and chance missing the start of the parade.

The walk from the boat dock to the restaurant is nice too at GF.

We love LTT!! Great atmosphere and we enjoy the food....though I do miss the characters....

We also like The Plaza if you are in the mood for simple sandwiches, burgers, an fries.

As for the resorts, our favorite are Kona table service and Captain Cooks counter service-I love their turkey clubs!!

Dont know how i forgot !

Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary is my all time favorite-- i think 5pm is the first dinner reservation. Make it for then. It has an awesome dessert bar-- the food is good. and it has the classic dinner characters. Great Buffet and exciting atmosphere !

Thanks for the suggestions. It will be my parents, my wife's parents, my sister, wife's brother and my kids 2 and 5. Nobody is a picky eater, in fact we like good food which is why the MK spots didn't appeal to us.

Doing Chef Mickey Breakfast earlier in the week. NOt necessary to do a character meal either. Maybe Ohana or whispering canyon. They look decent. I'll see what the group thinks.

Thanks

We LOVE the food at 'Ohana! We also enjoy the fun, Hawaiian atmosphere that is great for the entire family. They have coconut broom races for the kids and teach them Hawaiian dances & give them leis. Such fun! That's my vote for your family. :)

For our next trip, the 2 days we are in MK we plan to eat at a monorail resort at 5pm for dinner to have plenty of time to come back to stake a spot for the parade and fireworks. Expecting to be back in the park by 7pm should give us plenty of time.

That said, I would only do this taking into consideration your family's preferences and overall touring plan. It's not a BIG hassle to go to a monorail resort, but it definitely consumes some time. You have to consider where in MK you will be when it's time to head for dinner.

If you are in Frontierland/Fantasyland, you have to walk all the way to the front of the park - give yourself a solid 10 minutes to get all the way to where you wait in line for the monorail and then another 10 minutes to wait for the monorail, 10 minutes to ride the monorail and then maybe 5 minutes to walk from the monorail to the restaurant (35 minutes at worst case. At best case - if you start from Main Street, 20 minutes).

There were many times my crew preferred to eat in the CS round the corner than walk 10 minutes across the park for a better CS. So keep that in mind.

Our next trip, we've decided we don't mind travelling for the restaurants we will be excited to eat at, so we're even making the trip for CS lunches. It's just something to keep in mind and consider.

I had mentioned Columbia Harbor House before realizing you were looking for TS...But I still do reccomend that for CS! As far as TS goes, yeah, I dont eat at MK for TS either. I usually always go to California Grill at Contemporary, Its my favorite. I also like Kona and Ohana at Polynesian.

I like LTT they have a good Bacon Cheeseburger.

Tony's is not that hot but i am from NJ and Italian so I am used to more authentic Italian food

Columbia Harbour House is good but not a TS

Plaza
Crystal Palace
Cinderella's Royal Table

INMO i would go to the Wave at the Contemporary or Kona at the Poly

I think it'd be well worth it to drag everyone out of the park for dinner. Although we do enjoy LTT...especially my DH.

I'd suggest Kona Cafe at the Poly, it's one of my favs!! Great food and great desserts at a beautiful resort!

I like Liberty Tree Tavern for both lunch and their family style dinner. I haven't been to Tony's in over a decade, so it's hard to say there. Crystal Palace is great for lunch. I really like the options at Grand Floridian as well.

We really like Liberty Tree Tavern. It is one restaurant that the whole family can always agree on! As another suggested, you cannot go wrong with Crystal Palace either. Nothing spectacular, but I think it's above average for a buffet. I would be nervous about leaving the park & coming back. Just because you have a 6pm reservation, that does not mean you will get seated at 6. It could easily be 6:30 or later. And a party of 10 will take longer overall.

LTT we do for lunch only (dinner is typical, Oh! Hum! buffet food) and Tony's we do not do at all (red sauce is, well the Olive Garden is better)

Why not try The Wave or California Grill at the Contemporay/Bay Lake Tower, comparible to what you would find at Epcot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter