Best Magic Kingdom Tips, Secrets and Must do's - Please Contribute!!!

you have it saying tomorrow land speed way is closed.... please say that's not true.

Thanks, Nice Catch.

I meant to say TTA. I fixed it.

BTW, DO the kids really like the Tomorrowland Speedway? I would think if they went on Test Track, that the Speedway would seem silly.

And it seems like there are some long lines for it. Probably more so now that SM and TTA are closed.

Thanks, Nice Catch.

BTW, DO the kids really like the Tomorrowland Speedway? I would think if they went on Test Track, that the Speedway would seem silly.

And it seems like there are some long lines for it. Probably more so now that SM and TTA are closed.

Our son loves it because he gets to drive.

Thanks, Nice Catch.

Kid's love it and I would guess it would be less crowded now that SM is closed as that side of the park will be less crowded.

One thing to remember - the eyes of a child!

We skip Stitch - its weird in a yucky way-

we always do Tiki Birds - we bought the MK CD and listen to the music, and we love the Tiki music...

we watch DisneyChannel, and TCM and have seen Swiss Family Robinson - if the parks are crowded - and really hot - Tiki is an a/c and a nice break - The Treehouse - is a nice break from the crowds - its certainly NOT a must do - but can be enjoyable - we take the lead of the dd -

Speedway - hate those lines - we try and get it out of the way early - Test Track is her favorite, but in MK we have to do Speedway... IF you are wearing an anniversary or Birthday button - CM's when loading your car can put a sign on the back of the car for birthdays - some special pixie dust!

Dolewhips are found in Adventureland - when you go over the bridge to the right - there is a place that sometimes have characters for meet and greets - keep going to the DoleWhip stand

Waking up Tink? I havent read any updates, the dresser where you could peek in and see Tink had been broken, and out of service for some time - you could still get a magical moment certificate to "wake up Tink" but she couldnt fly around the store and land into the dresser - has it been fixed?

Turkey legs smell way better than they taste - it depends on how long they've been sitting out - that dries them out... very disappointing!

Goofy Statue outside of the Kodak place (next to Tony's) has been revamped and colorized!! Nice bench for pictures, but I didnt see a place where it talked!!

Do go inside the kodak theatre - ask at the cash register if there is a photopass photographer - ESP if you have done a Bibbity Bobbity Boutique, or a first haircut, or... etc... they have a corner with a chair, and make lovely pictures - then go back into the theatre and the cut outs of tv etc make other great photo ops! Not crowded and you can watch a Silly Symphony movie!! great a/c - nice break from crowds and heat!

My favorite snack at the MK is the ice cream sandwich at the bakery on Main Street. Large fresh chocolate chip cookies with 2 scoops of ice cream. Love it for breakfast..:banana: Great value for the meal plan snack.

Chuck :goofy:

Goofy didn't talk in January either but we did get to wake up tink.

Chuck :goofy:
we've seen that you can wake up tink - but does Tink fly around the room into the dresser? (can you peak inside the dresser keylock and see Tink?)

TIA

I've heard they modified the waking up Tink ceremony because now they have Tinkerbell in the park so it kinda ruins the magic if you try and wake her up in the afternoon when she is suppossed to be taking pictures. I know they used to let you wake her up a couple of times a day.

I've gotten a bunch of great tips so far.

What are your favorite Character experiences at MK?

Thanks

Characters - Belle reads up behind the castle in a nook at certain times of day. Its really cute. And in the shade.

I HAD NO IDEA COLUMBIA HARBOR HOUSE HAD AN UPSTAIRS?!?!?! r u serious? we eat in there every time - great cs place with different sandwich options.

There is a weird thing with lines at certain times of the day. I cant recall where I read about it. example - pirates is usually empty around 4pm. We ran over there and it was totally empty - we ran on and rode it 4x in a row. We had our own boat. It was awesome! (that was a sept trip) same thing with smaller lines - doesnt matter what time of year it is.

Funny but true - Mr. Toad (from b4 Winnie the Pooh was there) is in the graveyard at the Haunted Mansion. lol. He's seriously retired.

The loading area to the haunted mansion goes pitch black for 2 secs (or there about) b4 going into the main loading area for the ride. I think its a requirement for the CMs to be a little freaky to work there. lol. Read all the tomb stones on the way in - they are kinda funny. There are also stories about all of the 'people/ ghosts' who are in there and what happened to them. Here is a REALLY COOL WEBSITE ABOUT HAUNTED MANSION.

http://www.doombuggies.com/home.htm

I havent watched a parade there since I was a kid. I remember sitting in crowds of people and having ice cream melt down my arms, being sticky and hot, and I never saw one again. A few years ago we were at MNNSHP and got stuck behind a rope and OMG - the parades are so GREAT now. Totally worth seeing one.

Tony's - I like it. If you eat in the main room it is so fun. There is stuff around (cells and statues) of lady and the tramp. You used to be able to walk in at lunch (early - like 11am) with no ADRs. Not sure if you still can. Their meatballs are GREAT!

There is a secret passage way back behind pirates - it spits you out over by Splash Mountain. There is a potty back there, which is why we found it.

Pay attention to the pottys in MK - some spit out on 2 sides. Its easy to loose a kid. Its easy to get turned around your self if they didnt paint the concrete.

Oh, the concrete in each land is painted a different color. It's a big help if you are lost and dont have a map. Or with that potty thing and figuring out you walked out on the wrong side.

Our son LOVES trains. He considers the TTA a train. Its the blue train. He also likes the steam train that you already mentioned. He also likes the Big Thunder. And I'd like to say - Im a big coaster weenie...and I can do it. My sons FP was about to expire and we lost my husband and daughter, so I took him on. It was fun.

There is a really nice playground across from Winnie the Pooh. Its so cute. There isnt much shade over there though.

Dont get stuck in Fantasyland during Wishes. Your ears will hate you. That is also a bad place to watch it. VERY LOUD. They also rope it off (or the did at the time) and we were stuck back there.

MK is my fav park!

Ride the monorail over. Ride the ferry over. Check out the mosaics when you walk into the castle. SO do that. They are awesome!

Jungle Cruise has turned into such a funny ride. It used to be so cheesy you could can it. Now the 'tour guide's' humor is so dry, its funny. And they say different things if you ride it over and over.

I can confirm that Splash Mnt is WAY wetter than it had been. There was no line in the a.m., so we went on...and got soaked.

If you get to MK for rope drop head right into the gates and wait for the horse drawn carriage ride! If you can get on it sooooo worth it. They take you up Main Street and the CMs wave to you with Mickey Mouse glove hands. The barbershop quartet sings while they take you to the entrance to the Castle. It is awesome!

And dont forget Sleepy Hallow for Snacks!!! They have the famous ice cream sandwich cookie....it's huge!

The barbershop on Mainstreet does first haircuts and other hair treatments! We got our son's first haircut here in December and it was great! They put mickey stickers all over him while they cut his hair, then he got a certificate, mouse ears with First Haircut embroidered on it and priceless photo opts.

Most of all, have a great trip and take in all the park has to offer with your family :)

Just Checking In.

I don't have time to do any updates but maybe tomorrow I will.

Enjoy and keep the info coming.

Thanks

I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but the Main Street Bakery is a great place to get cinnamon rolls etc. and take them back to the room to eat the next morning for a quick breakfast!

If meeting Tinkerbell and the Fairies is important to you.

Make sure to go over to Toontown early. Even if it is listed as not opening until 10. I went over Thanksgiving and in walking by Toontown around 9:30 and noticed it was opened (it was listed as opening at 10 but had opened at just a little after 9.) The County Fair was opened and I hopped in line to meet the Fairies. I waited about 15 minutes. The CM told me that the lines later in the day run around 75 minutes plus. So make sure to head back towards Toontown early if this is a must for you.

The Pixie Hollow area where you meet Tink is really well done. You shrink down to the size of a fairy.

My best tip is our family's must do. We stake out a spot for Spectro in Frontier Land and then eat at Pecos Bills. They have good burgers, chicken sandwiches, etc. The main attraction though is the fixings bar. My son loves to sit and wait for the parade while he eats a burger with pickle chips and mushrooms onthe side. For us, it is always the highlight of our trip.

soooo glad you put the TTA on the must do list. It is a great way to get an elevated view of TomorrowLand. Now I think The Tiki Room should also be a must do if someone has never been to MK - it's designed like the first one in DL.

Spitting Camel - this big gold camel is at Aladin's Magic Carpet ride. We have made a photo op there and caught him spitting more than once.

Cinderella's Wishing Well - have not seen this in your list for photo ops. It is on a lovely path to the right of Cindy's castle. The base of the well has the cat Lucifer chasing all of Cindy's mice.

Characters Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum can sometimes appear for photos with guests at the Tea Party Carosel. Chicken Little is sometimes available to pose for photos outside Tony's Restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter