• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best location water pagaent parade

nuetzels312

Earning My Ears
Where is the best place to see the water pagaent parade? Poly, Grand Floridian, Contemporary, or fort wilderness?

I watched it from the outside area at Califonia Grill, we were pretty far away but you could still see and hear pretty well. I've heard that the beach at Poly is the best place.

Where is the best place to see the water pagaent parade? Poly, Grand Floridian, Contemporary, or fort wilderness?

We've seen it from both the beach at the Poly and from the boat dock area at the GF, and both were great spots. I'm not positive, but it seemed closer to shore at the GF.

We love to watch the pageant from the beach at Ft Wilderness. The MK fireworks usually follow close behind, and they pump in the music to the speakers at the beach.

We watched it from the beach at the Wilderness Lodge and it was nice and close. And Loud.:goodvibes

Ok you Ft Wilderness peeps, how's the counter service there? Is there one?

Love the Roaring Forks! I went there for lunch on going home day last Nov because I love WL and we were staying at BLT. It is small but food it good and CM'S are friendly. There is seating both inside and out, similar to Polys QS.

Love the Roaring Forks! I went there for lunch on going home day last Nov because I love WL and we were staying at BLT. It is small but food it good and CM'S are friendly. There is seating both inside and out, similar to Polys QS.

Awesome! We will have to eat there then and the. Watch the water pageant! Thanks!

The best place I saw it?! On a boat going from MK to WL! :thumbsup2 I've seen it all over, and they are all great views. Go where you feel most comfortable!

Any of the MK resorts will be fine. So go where it's easiest for you to get to. If you aren't staying in one of them, CR may be easier as you can walk from MK there.

I have to disagree slightly with most posters here. While it's true that each of the resorts do have viewing spots, many rooms at Poly and GF do not have a view of the water parade. You will have to go outside on the beach to see it if your room is not facing the correct direction. I haven't stayed in all resort rooms, but I think at GF or Poly you need to book a MKview room. There may be some lagoon view rooms that also have a view of it. I know there most certainly are rooms that do not see it.Also try looking on A satelite site like Google maps to see which resort have rooms that face the lagoon.

I'm not sure about Ft. Wilderness.

At CR, most tower rooms will have a view of the water parade. There are probably some 'wing' rooms that do not, but most of the tower rooms, and many wing rooms will be able to see it. The "Bay Lake View Tower" rooms at CR have an excellent view, especially if you are on one of the upper floors. Similarly, many rooms at BLT probably have a good view, but I have never stayed there, so I can't be certain.

At WL, we had view of the water parade form our room, but I could not tell you what percent do. My guess is that many do not have a good view.

At what time is the pageant? We have chef mickey reservations at 8:05 so we might be able to catch it on our way out.

We will be there the end of April and have dinner at 1900 park fare at 8pm. Can we just head out to the docks after and catch it?

From Allears:

Although the pageant generally follows the schedule below, check with the Guest Services Desk at your Magic Kingdom Resort for times during your stay. Inclement weather can cause cancellation of the pageant.
Polynesian Resort -- 9 p.m.
Grand Floridian -- 9:15 p.m.
Wilderness Lodge -- 9:35 p.m.
Fort Wilderness -- 9:45 p.m.
Contemporary Resort -- 10:05 p.m.
Magic Kingdom -- 10:20 p.m. (only during extended MK park
hours)
Note that when the Magic Kingdom Fireworks are scheduled for 9 p.m., the Electrical Water Pageant runs about 7-20 minutes later.

Ok you Ft Wilderness peeps, how's the counter service there? Is there one?

You can get take-out from Trail's To Go. Good pizza, chicken platters or a bucket of chicken (Giddyap and Go meal), pork sandwich, wings, nachos. Lots of good stuff. You have to order, get a buzzer and then pick it up. There are picnic tables on the side of the porch and plenty of tables down at the marina to sit and eat your dinner. You can get individual meals at Trail's To Go for a QS credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter