Best Location on ship to View Til We Meet Again last night?

goldenskies

Earning My Ears
Trying to remember, I have read here that there is a location (4th floor?) where it is best to view the show on the last night. Making notes for next week and need this one :bounce: :bounce: Thanks!

It's in the theatre, so as close to the front as you can get. Middle is best, but all seats are great.

Okay, am I thinking of the wrong show? Isn't there a show somewhere in the middle of the ship where you say "goodbye" to all the characters?

Yes there is! Last time we stayed on deck 5 (our cabins were on deck 5 also) and watched from there! Could see everything if you get there early enough to get up to the railing!
Deck 4 was VERY crowded and if you have small kids, they'll see more from deck 5!:sunny:

Okay, Deck 5, thanks so much! Is it Disney Dreams? Or some other name for the show? And what time should you make your way to Deck 5?

Your talking about Til We Meet Again.
I would get there about 20-30 before if not sooner.
It is a great way to end the cruise, if there is such a thing.

I THINK it's called the "farewell show" or something like that!

Disney Dreams is different and not to be missed!

I can't remember what time the farewell show starts (we're going again in Sept.) and I don't think we got there REAL early but just kind of see when other people start heading that direction!:wave2:

That's it - Til We Meet Again - Deck 5 20-30 min. early. Got it. And thanks for the reminder on Disney Dreams too!

It is at 10 pm the last night of the cruise and is NOT to be missed..bring lots of film...

Here are some links to pics from Til We Meet Again from our Feb '04 cruise.

Before the characters line up on the stairs they mingle with guests in the Atrium on Deck 4. You can get photo, autographs, etc. and this last a good 20-25 minutes. Then the characters and performers line up on the stairs for photos. They turn to each area of the Atrium so that everyone all around can get a good shot.

It is a very wonderful event!!!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/118553635/121131244eCirJP

http://community.webshots.com/photo/118553635/121185570ZWCkAr

http://community.webshots.com/photo/118553635/121131473fyTpnX

MJ

Most of them mingle down on deck 3. They come down the stairs in front of Tritons/Lumieres and go out into the crowd. It can be a bit freaky if you are claustrophobic, but if not, it's a SUPER photo opportunity. Stitch tends to be over by the piano, and Pete Pan & Anne Marie tend to be near the shore excursion desk. There are usually theater performers (the Muses, Phil, Hades) towards guest services, and the princesses and other characters are more towards the middle. Of course, that could change at any time, but that's the trend that we have observed.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

There is a little balcony between the elevators on deck 4 that faces the front of Tritons/Lumieres. I went up there about 30 minutes early and met another lady from the DIS boards! It was definitely the best place to be as all the characters line up on the stairs to wave goodbye at the end. If you want to interact with the characters you have to be on deck 3 in the Atrium though. So the "picture taker" can be upstairs and the "autograph hunters" can be downstairs.

mbaidacoff, that was me!! We were there on the 3/13 cruise. Yes, the small balcony, between the midship elevators on Deck 4 is the place for pictures!!!

I can't believe I missed this on my first cruise:mad: I'll be there in June. Thanks for the info.:wave:

Thanks...Barb....I did mean Deck 3 in the Atrium is where most of them mingle....with a few up on Deck 4.

MJ

What time should you get there to mingle with characters? Will the time in the Navigator be the time to mingle or just the time for the farewell photo presentation?

The time in the Navigator is the start time of the event....meaning the characters will be announced and then start to mingle. After that they will line up on the stairs and pose for photos.

I got there 15 minutes prior and staked out my spot on the balcony on Deck 4 overlooking the atrium. They announced the characters and then they started to mingle on Deck 3. It was going to be another 20 minutes or so before the group photo op so I gave up my spot and went down for individual photos with the characters. I then went to another spot on Deck 4 when the characters lined up to the group photo op.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter