Best location for SSR to be near best pool

Sccrmnky2005

Already Earned My Ears ;)
We are heading to SSR for my 30th birthday next month. We have a three year old and will also have a few more friends with children visiting as well as adults. I'm trying to figure out the best area to request to be closest to one of the pools either The paddock or High Rock pool. If I got a room near one of them would it be too far to go to the other one the next day?

We aren't doing parks this trip just relaxing by the pool with family and friends. I'd like to try out both but unsure if that possible. This is our first stay at SSR as DVC owners at our home resort. We've never been to the pools on precious stays there one was at the treehouse villas for our wedding so we didn't really do the pools and another was for MNSSHP again no pool time so never paid attention.

We have a studio booked.

Last edited:
We are heading to SSR for my 30th birthday next month. We have a three year old and will also have a few more things get children visiting as well as adults. I'm trying to figure out the best area to request to be closest to one of the pools either The paddock or High Rock pool. If I got a room near one of them would it be too far to go to the other one the next day?

We aren't doing parks this trip just relaxing by the pool with family and friends. I'd like to try out both but unsure if that possible. This is our first stay at SSR as DVC owners at our home resort. We've never been to the pools on precious stays there one was at the treehouse villas for our wedding so we didn't really do the pools and another was for MNSSHP again no pool time so never paid attention.

We have a studio booked.
Just so you know, only family and friends staying at SSR can use the pool. Visitors cannot. If, however, they are DVC members staying on site, they can "pool hop" to the SSR pool.
Denise

The decision you have to make really depends on what room category you reserved, standard or preferred. The rooms close to the High Rock pool are those in the Springs area and all of those are preferred rooms; thus if you have a preferred room, request a room in the Springs area, near the High Rock pool. The rooms close to the Paddock pool are in the Paddock area, which is all standard, and if you have a standard room, request a room in the Paddock area near the Paddock pool. It is not a short distance from one pool to another including because a small lake separates the two areas. See this map where the Springs area is designated by D and Paddock by E http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/Saratoga.htm

Last edited:

If you are right by the Paddock Pool (in one of the buildings that flank the pool) the walk to the main pool isn't bad. I think it is about 5-7 minutes (depending on how quickly you walk). The Paddock pool in my opinion would be ideal for a young child as it has the kids splash area with slides but the other feature pool has a very basic spray area for kids. My 3 y/o loved it when we stayed there in 2015. This obviously assumes you have a standard view not preferred. If you have a preferred view you would wa t to request the Springs area (not Congress Park) and the walk to Paddock pool would not be too much further than them main pool (the springs sits between the main pool and the bridge across the lake to the Paddock pool).

The Grandstand wouldn't be bad either. They have a spray area and a basic pool, which is great for little ones. No slide though. The grandstand pool is only about 5 min from the main building. Regardless of where you stay, bring a stroller b/c the little ones will be tired and not want to walk after a few hours at the pool, even for just a few minute s walk

Just so you know, only family and friends staying at SSR can use the pool. Visitors cannot. If, however, they are DVC members staying on site, they can "pool hop" to the SSR pool.
Denise
And if they are not DVC members and pool hopping isn't blacked out for your vacation time, you could hop to their pool (as long as it isn't one of the pools DVC members cannot hop to and it is a WDW operated resort).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter