• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Location for a 2 bedroom in OKW?

Pooh667

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are thinking of getting a 2 bedroom at OKW. I was wondering if someone could give us the best location. building numbers etc. We would like to be near a a place to refill mugs, a quick serve place and a pool, if possible. I know that I can only put the location in as a request. Actually I also would just love to hear what others think are the best locations I am just so unfamiliar with OKW and it seems so big. We are excited to be staying there. Thanks for any advice.

Near Hospitality House is a booking catagory. That would put you near the main pool and the counter service with a mug refill, store and restaurant.

Old Turtle Pond has a great quiet pool with a quick serve place. Not sure about a mug refill station though.

We personally prefer Old Turtle Pond near the bus stop. Building #32.
Buildings #41 and #42 would be the closest to the pool in that section but farther from the bus stop.

If I have a bunch of teenagers, Turtle Pond #42-43, it's by the quiet pool, the bbq grills and the snack bar! Yes it's further to the bus stop but that doesn't matter to us! To be closer to HH but not in the HH category, we like Millers Rd #15

We always rent 2 bd's and I like the balcony but I've come to enjoy the bottom floor as well! I will take 3rd floor to be in the building I like but it's a hike when you move in and out!

If you want to be close to the main pool w/ the slide and the refill station for the kids you may want to request HH Category #11-14 & #23-26 or near it!

We just stayed in Old Turtle Pond Area as well. Building 37 I believe it was. It was off the bus route, which made it quieter. It was close to the buses, close to the pool. We loved it.

We just stayed in Old Turtle Pond Area as well. Building 37 I believe it was. It was off the bus route, which made it quieter. It was close to the buses, close to the pool. We loved it.

and for future reference, how was your view? In 30 OKW trips I don't recall ever being in 37!

Just wanted to add that I've heard that there are some buildings that do not have the separate entrance, through the laundry room, into the master bathroom. If you need privacy this may be an issue for you.

In the older buildings, in the 1brs, you have to go through the master bedroom to get into the bathroom. In later buildings they fixed the design to put a second entrance through the laundry room. I think the buildings with the new design start at #30 and above.

Maybe some OKW veterns can give some insight on this.

and for future reference, how was your view? In 30 OKW trips I don't recall ever being in 37!

It was nice view of golf course. Lots of trees and a pond to look at. Very peaceful.

I like the water views at OKW.

the HH building - which is not a request 11-14 and 23-25

so other building close to it which you can request 62-64 - the only building w/elevators. 15-20 Miller road - they are pretty close.

as far as being close to a refillable mug - the only one I know is at Gurgling Suitcase near the main pool at OKW

unless you have the dinning plan - would go with grocery delivery from either wegoshop or garden grocer and save you some money/time.

...the HH building - which is not a request 11-14 and 23-25

so other building close to it which you can request 62-64 - the only building w/elevators. 15-20 Miller road - they are pretty close....ime.

HH area is 23-26 (you forgot one, Pat).

But take note of Pat's comment about elevators. There are only three buildings with elevators and those three buildings usually are reserved for medical needs. So plan on taking the stairs at OKW.

OKW isn't known for QS. The pool counter service (Goods to Go) is limited. Nothing like a food court at a value or moderate resort. And there is an even smaller counter service at the Turtle Pond pool that is open seasonally.

Unless you are getting the dining plan, don't bother with the refillable mug. It can be difficult to refill at OKW. Spend the $16 you would spend on the mug on sodas or other beverages in your refrigerator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter