Best "Last Day" Dinner at DLR?

DisneyStitch626

DIS Veteran
So, I have budgeted about $75 for dinner for this night for 2 of us (there will be 4 of us altogether). As this is our last night, I would like to have a special dinner. I will consider paying a little more for a place like Goofy's Kitchen if it's worth it. I am not really interested in Napa Rose, it's a little too fancy for us. We just want something that's memorable with good food.

We are welcome to any suggestions!

Also, I know Story Teller's is a character meal in the mornings, but is it for dinner as well?

Storyteller's is not a character meal for dinner. The only time we have eaten dinner there was for the Thanksgiving buffet (two years in a row). I know that's not a typical example, but we enjoyed the food and experience and have decided to make it a new family tradition.

I have always wanted to try Steakhouse 55 at the DLH. That might be almost doable with your budget. I think they have a prix fixe menu in addition to the other selections.

We have very much enjoyed the food and atmosphere at the Jazz Kitchen in DTD, but we have actually only eaten off the lunch menu there, so I don't know about the dinner selections.

If you can budget a little more or maybe eat a late lunch, the BB would be very memorable.

The food at Goofy's for dinner was good- however with only me and dd5 for dinner, and it was her birthday- we were quite distracted and didn't get our money's worth on food really. (with only the 2 of us- no one to watch her while I checked the buffet- etc) She had a hot dog and some strawberries and they gave her a cupcake with a candle and sang Happy Birthday- she loved it ( I preorderd & payed about $15 for a Birthday treasure box that came at the same time as the cupcake- she had 2 candles to blow out:confused3 had I know I wouldn't have paid the extra).. that was it! Alice and Mulan spent a great deal of time with her, so the character experience was good- but we have had more at Minnie's Breakfast (food & character interaction- just different Characters) I forced myself to have 2nd's at that dinner just to try and get my money's worth on food... then forgot dessert- I was too full.. lol

I thought the getting up to dance during the meals was fun and all- but it really distracted us from eating and such--- dd danced and I took video all the while our food (well her hot dog) was getting cold - lol Fun experience but wouldn't likely do it again.

We LOVED BB tho on a different trip- YUM! But a long wait even with PS we waited about 40 minutes past our ressie time. It was SO GOOD tho! SO GOOD!

We've never gone wrong with Steakhouse 55 at the DLH. You'll spend more than $75 for 2 people, but there is a prix fixe menu. You can also share the sides and dessert.

DH and I have done all of the above- Napa Rose, Goofys dinner, Steakhouse 55, Jazz Kitchen, and BB. All have been great- all have had different memories.... Jazz Kitchen was really good with probably the most dinner options and if you can get seated next to the great Jazz players... then your meal will be even better! Steakhouse 55 has really great steaks! Last year we had the best water ever- and he was from Transylvania- I remember because DH and I love watching Vampire movies and such and we got a kick out of him, we didnt see him this year though. Its a real laid back type of environment. very relaxing. BB- is very romantic.... but I always feel rushed and cramped- trying to get to and from the table- like they add way too many tables into a tiny space. BB"S menu is very simple, nothing to special with choices. Goofys was fun. The dinner selections wasnt worth the price- but they do have the most amazing chocalate decadence desert and the best strawberries ever! They actually had a ton of deserts to choose from.. and then of course characters to dance and take pics with. And, Napa Rose- well the food was ok, the atmosphere was ok- seemed real upity- like you will get better service if you wear designer gowns and such.. hehe.. very expensive- you could prolly walk away with salads and 2 glasses of wine and some bred for $75. LOL... actually in march we went there and spent $110- no apetizer, no wine, no desert, no side dishes... just a entree. SO I guess its just whatever your in the mood for at the time! Have fun picking!

The Dobies traditionally enjoy Dinner at Storyteller's on our last evening.

Well, Goofy's Kitchen has a huge buffet - the widest variety of food out of all the character meals - so there is plenty to choose from, but I love Goofy's for breakfast. It's not that the dinner was bad, by any means. It's just that I am more of a breakfast person than a 'big dinner' person and I wasn't in the mood to eat such a huge dinner on the nights I was there (and you feel like you have to load up and get your money's worth when you eat at a place with such a big buffet!). There are some folks who agree with me and like the breakfast better, and there are some who prefer the dinner. Of course, it's a lot of fun with all the characters.

I'm not a big Blue Bayou fan - other than the atmosphere - but you may want that to be your special meal. It is a favorite among DIS-ers.

I actually like Storytellers better as a non-character restaurant/meal. Their dinner buffet (which is not there 365 days a year) is very limited, though. But their spaghetti (from the menu) was delicious! Plus, it's a nice, cozy restaurant.

We will be doing sirf and turf at the Blue Bayou this year. It will be my birthday and as much as we love POTC, this place is only fitting. We were going to do SS55 but decided BB would be more fun.

Jack

As I really enjoyed Goofys Kitchen the last time we went (Dinner) with the kids, I would not recommend it for a romantic adult only dinner. I agree the Blue Bayou is nice but kind of cramped. Whatever you choose, enjoy! :)

Thanks for all the tips everyone!! I really like the idea of all the places, especially BB.

I will talk with the rest of our group and see what they think. They might even want to do a breakfast instead, and if we did that, we would probably do Storyteller's Cafe. I know the character breakfasts are mostly for kids, but when you're in Disneyland, everyone is a kid!

I think I'd go with BB or Storyteller's. Storyteller's is so good for dinner....DBF and I love it!!! We did lunch with the girls and they really en joyed it too.

Character bfasts are fun, we like Minnie & Friends in DL, good food, tons of characters and it's not super crowded if you go at 10:15 or so. Actually I think it's 10:20, they do seatings on the 10 minutes I think.

Is Minnie & Friends enjoyable for guys too? Is there a lot of Princesses and things there? We are 2 couples, and both guys are quite manly men, so Chip and Dale at Storytellers might be iffy, let alone Cinderella. I can just see their faces! :laughing:

Is Minnie & Friends enjoyable for guys too? Is there a lot of Princesses and things there? We are 2 couples, and both guys are quite manly men, so Chip and Dale at Storytellers might be iffy, let alone Cinderella. I can just see their faces! :laughing:

There are only Princesses at Ariel's (all Princesses) and Goofy's (a mix of furry characters and a couple of Princesses) - but Minnie & Friends, Surf's Up with Mickey and Storytellers are all safe and Princess-free!!

You might see Alice and the Mad Hatter at Minnie & Friends. Chip and Dale are there. But no Princesses!! And the Critter Breakfast is Chip, Dale and several of the woodsy/jungly Disney characters. Surf's Up is Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Daisy and Stitch.

Already planning on doing PCH on the 5th, as it's my birthday, and who better to spend my birthday with than Mickey and Stitch? ;)

Is 2 character breakfasts (one the day after the other) too much? The main reason I am thinking of Storytellers for breakfast is that Banana Stuffed French Toast! :rotfl: Also, Chip and Dale are pretty cute too!

We didn't see any Princesses at Minnie & Friends. We saw Captain Hook, Gepeto, Eeyore, Chip & Dale, and many other, but no princesses. Chip & Dale seemed to like DBF, they kept stealing his hat and messing with him. :) It was pretty funny and he got a kick out of it. We very much enjoyed it, and we are 2 adults with 2 kids.

Already planning on doing PCH on the 5th, as it's my birthday, and who better to spend my birthday with than Mickey and Stitch? ;)

Is 2 character breakfasts (one the day after the other) too much? The main reason I am thinking of Storytellers for breakfast is that Banana Stuffed French Toast! :rotfl: Also, Chip and Dale are pretty cute too!

Well Happy Bday to you! :) I don't think 2 character meals is too much, heck if I had my way we would do 1 every day we were there. :)

Why thank you! :) And that Chip and Dale things sounds so cute! Well the guys will just have to suck it up! I asked them where they'd like to go, and they told me to pick, so if they're not happy with it, then who's fault is that? :laughing:

I have to agree with Kerri (Pixiewings71) - if money were no object and I didn't get any opposition from my friends, we'd be doing a character meal every day of our trips (and we're adults with no kids as well)!! I'd switch them up, of course - we'd do a different one each day and then come back to the ones we liked best at the end of the trip - but we'd do one every day. People are basically ageless at DLR, and character meals can be enjoyed by young and old alike, with children or without!!

I think we are all (well me and the other girl, lol) leaning towards the character breakfast. I will be fun! Plus it will give us a chance to see some of the Grand Californian. It looks so nice, that I feel I need to at least take a walk through some of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter