Best jackets brands to wear in December?

shokzm

Earning My Ears
Need help, first time going to WDW in December. I need advice on the best jacket to wear in December for cold days. I need a jacket that does not swallow me or buldging. I need something close fitting and easy to pack. :santa:

I have a Lands End Marinac jacket and absolutely love it. Mine is just a jacket (not hooded) although now they also make a hooded parka and maybe more. It wads up to nothing in a bag, is washable, has lots of pockets, and I could do commercials for it (maybe I am. . .) It has some kind of nylon lining (but it isn't really nylon) that seems to cut the wind, but still keeps it lightweight enough so I don't get too hot in it, but I seldom feel cold in it, either. That's my recommendation!

I would also recommend the Lands End Marinac jacket. It is great and lightweight, but warm. I didn't like the color I have, because it clashed with some of my clothes for our last winter trip to WDW. I wanted to get a netural color and did not want to send the money on another Marinac, so I found cheaper verisons at Target $18 and Champion brand one at Costco ($16) last winter. Both unlined (Marinac is lined), but the Champion brand was a bit better made than Target, plus cheaper!!

You can find the Marinac on sale... on the Lands End Site..
http://www.landsend.com/pp/MarinacJacket-56919_165881_59.html?CM_MERCH=SRCH

For Rain, I have a REI Elements rainproof jacket that goes over everthing.

We love our Zero Exposure jackets. The outside is waterproof and it has a zip out fleece jacket inside. Worked beautifully in January when it rained before Wishes. Everyone else standing around us was either getting wet or deciding to skip Wishes and leave the park and we . . . were cozy and DRY!!

You may not even need much of a jacket in December! Last year, we had to turn on our air conditioning just so we could wear our "winter" PJs for Christmas morning. Florida's winters are sometimes unpredictable so just keep an eye on the forecast the week before.

I totally understand your concern. My DF and I were there in December 2005. At the time, we were both from Colorado so we didn't think the Florida winter would be that bad. I had even packed some shorts and tank tops. I really wish that I had packed warmer clothes. We are not morning people and we had planned on staying at the parks late almost every night we could. However, we never really stayed for evening EMH because we just got too cold.

I've learned my lesson. We're going back this December with plenty of long sleeve shirts and REI One jackets. We bought them during the REI anniversary sale (black for DF and lilac for me). I am super excited because they are really lightweight, but windproof and waterproof. We will have no problem stuffing them in a backpack. They even have a little bit of a fleece lining on the inside. And, well, they're designed for outdoor activities (which means moisture-wicking). Here's part of the description: "This less-is-better jacket is designed to go easily from mountains-to-mall and powder-to-pavement activities." I think they'll be perfect for WDW in December and great for when we move to Oregon in a couple years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter