Best iphone app

myprinceandprincess

Mouseketeer
We leave for WDW in 5 days!!! Yeah! :cool1: We would like to know the best iphone app for line wait times and park info? Thanks in advance!!:)

Have you gotten the eticket app that is advertised at the top of the board? It doesn't have wait times but it is a great resource when you are at WDW.

Not yet. But I think we will definitely get that also. However, I am not the one with the iphone my husband is. In the past, I've seen post regarding some apps that had wait times, which I thought was such a great thing. Now of course when I search I can not find anything about those apps.

Thanks for the suggestion!

There are several wait times apps out there - some free, some pay. I actually think the best one right now is called Lines. It's a web app, so it's not available at the app store. What that means is that you go to it on your Safari browser on your iPhone and set a bookmark to it. You can tell it to put the bookmark on your home screen. Then it acts in all other ways like any other app.

Lines is good because it doesn't just depend on wait times entered by people in the parks. That can be hit or miss, based on who else is using the same app the day you're there. With Lines, they also have estimated wait times based on historical information. It's made by the Unofficial Guide people at http://www.touringplans.com. I think there have been some threads here about it.

I was pretty impressed with the accuracy of this one.:thumbsup2

Disney World Wait Times Free by VersaEdge Software.

It has a big WDW logo, so you can't miss it.

It is volunteer driven, so when you are in a park and approaching a ride, if
you see that the official posted time is different from the iPhone app time, you can update it yourself.

It will tell you how many yards away from a ride you are.
When I'm at home, it tells me how many miles away I am! :sad1:

The paid version has no ads, but honestly, the tiny ads don't bother me a bit. I had planned to try the free version and then to upgrade to the paid one, but I'm happy with the free version.

Have a great vacation! :wizard:

I have the WDW Wait Times App Free. All the wait apps rely on user input, so they may not be really accurate. I usually check to see the recent times to check how often and when the wait has been updated. The only difference I see between the paid version and the free one is the inclusion of ads in the free. I plan on using it in January. The more users, the mote accurate it will be. Have a great trip!

Another plug for eTicket. :goodvibes

It performs a lot of the functions that other apps perform, and does them all well. It's nice to check on dining, look at a park map that includes DSA's, and surf the DIS all in one app. :)

I second WDW Wait Times. I have been using it for about a month to track the times. I think its really easy to use and don't mind the ads at the bottom of the screen either. I don't even realize they are there half the time.

I was pretty impressed with the accuracy of this one.:thumbsup2

Disney World Wait Times Free by VersaEdge Software.

It has a big WDW logo, so you can't miss it.

It is volunteer driven, so when you are in a park and approaching a ride, if
you see that the official posted time is different from the iPhone app time, you can update it yourself.

It will tell you how many yards away from a ride you are.
When I'm at home, it tells me how many miles away I am! :sad1:

The paid version has no ads, but honestly, the tiny ads don't bother me a bit. I had planned to try the free version and then to upgrade to the paid one, but I'm happy with the free version.

Have a great vacation! :wizard:

Just got back from 7 days at WDW and used this app- it was GREAT!!! Many times it showed accurate wait times or we'd get to the ride and the actual wait versus the one on the sign was less!! I highly recommend this app- it saves you from walking from one side of the park to the other!

I will plug the DIS app - eTicket. It was nice to be able to easily hop on the boards when I was on vacation - especially since I refuse to pay 10 bucks for internet every night. I was also glad to be able to support the DIS for all of the FREE information I have received here over the past year. :goodvibes

But I really used "Lines" more when I was IN the parks...It has a concise list of attractions and approx wait times. It was also VERY helpful to not have to walk clear across Epcot to ride Test Track - I checked "Lines" and they said it was down...sure enough, the Wait Times Board at Disney said the same thing.

Lines is easy to get to...it is m.touringplans.com. It is also free. I am a subscriber to touringplans.com, so I am not sure how much access you have to the info if you are not a subscriber? I would love to know that, if anyone knows.

You can also add information to Lines and it will be visible to those out in the parks the same time you are.

This is also a wonderful resource to bookmark on your iPhone!
http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/index.htm
It's not wait times, but he updates the entertainment schedules weekly,
usually on Saturday night or Sunday morning.
Very handy! :)

Definitely! This was very helpful! Check it out on the bus on the way to the resort and you can have a great plan before you get the Times Guide!

They also have a link to his site on the Lines application, too! :)

Ds just got a I-touch for christmas. How many of the Apps your talking about can he use. He would have a blast if he could be the tour guide for our upcoming trips.

Ds just got a I-touch for christmas. How many of the Apps your talking about can he use.

With an iPod Touch, you'd need WiFi to access anything current.

There are very, very few places to grab a WiFi signal in the parks.

The iPhone can use the 3G cellular wireless signal for acess.

Ds just got a I-touch for christmas. How many of the Apps your talking about can he use. He would have a blast if he could be the tour guide for our upcoming trips.

All of those apps will work on iPod touch, but you may need wifi to pull current info. Some will store some info so that even if you don't have an active data connection, you can still use the app. The GPS on the iPod touch isn't true GPS (it uses wifi to find your location), so it's not as accurate. But you can certainly use the planning features of the apps. You just may not be able to use them much in the parks where it's hard to find wifi.

I used the mobile version of touring plans...........Lines...........as some others have already stated, and it was very helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter