Best internet site for hotel deals?

RC Fan

DIS Veteran
Hello!

I am looking for cheap offsite hotel rates. Where have you found the best deals?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

Priceline is what i use almost exclusively when i travel now. Best information on who, what, when is at www.biddingfortravel.com

Last year and this years upcoming trips were booked through Priceline with great deals.

I like to control where I'm satying a little more than Priceline allows, so I go to Tripadvisor.com and have them compare rates on several sites (Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com) for various places. I also like that there are reviews of the hotels right there for you to read. Hotelkingdom.com has also been known to have great deals.

Make sure that you check and understand the cancellation policy of whatever site you use. Some will allow you to cancel within 24 hours of making the ressie without a penalty. Some charge a fee to cancel. And Priceline has a no-cancellation policy - you pay for it all upfront and lose it all if you have to cancel.

Once you find a great rate at the hotel of your choice, check the hotel's website to see if they have any specials that will match or beat the price. You can also call the hotel directly and ask if they will match the online price. The advantages would be that you control your ressie, you do not have to pay the full amount upfront (unless the hotel requires it) and you are subject to the hotel's cancellation policy (which is often more lenient). Good luck!

Also, try www.lastminutedeals.com

I refuse to pay full price for anything, if I have the time to research for a better deal. As a matter of fact, all my sisters call me up to have me find them the best rates when they travel. :D If you have the time to do some extensive search, you can usually find some great deals, especially in the Orlando area. Here's what I do: I do a Google search for discount rates for Orlando hotels. I check all those sites. I then reword my Google search, and then check the sites that this brings up. I do this until I feel confident that I have the best deal out there. It does take some time, but I think that it is well worth it. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter