Best International F&W appetizers?!

DisneyCG

"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible" - Walt Dis
Hi! We are planning on going to Disney World on September 24 - October 8th, 2011, so that we can catch one week of the food and wine festival that year (if it starts October 1st anyways). We have never been there for the food and wine festival before, so I want your opinions as to the best foods and wines to try!! All comments are appreciated!:)

I really liked the Flavors of Africa at the South Africa booth. It was some kind of wild rice salad, with two pieces of bread and two dips for the bread.

We loved the seafood dish in Ireland and went back for seconds. Enjoy!

:)

I haven't posted my pictures yet, but I had the beef at Argentina, South Korea, and Singapore, plus the chicken souvlaki at Greece. My favorite of all of those was the beef skewer with chimichurri sauce at the Argentina booth. It was delicious! The only dessert I tried was the "Dark Chocolate Sensation" at the Desserts and Champagne booth and it was just a frosted brownie that didn't even really taste like chocolate.

I'm so glad you asked this question- I'd like to hear more- had anyone tried other things that were too good to miss?:)

Some of my faves were the beef with Chimicurri (sp?) sauce from Argentina, lamb sliders from New Zealand, spicy chicken sausage with polenta from Canada, the taste of Spain plate and the heirloom tomato and blue cheese from the U.S. ETA, the shrimp ceviche from Chile was also very good.

We sampled probably 20-25 dishes overall and there was really only one that was a big disappointment and that was the lobster roll. It had the tiniest amount of lobster meat on there -- I'd say no more than a tablespoon for $7.50 and we thought it tasted more like fake crab meat (crab sticks) than lobster.

we're staying at the Caribbean Beach resort! thanks for all the info and keep it coming! I'm so excited!!!

Here's a list of my favorites from last year:

1. Canada - Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup & Chicken Chipotle Sausage with Sweet Corn Polenta
2. France - Creme Brulee au Chocolate au Lait (it taste like chocolate milk)
3. Germany - Spatzle Gratin with Ham and Cheese

DH LOVED the lamb chop at the Australia booth. He went back for thirds. He wanted to go back a forth time after we were on the other side of the lagoon, but I told him he'd had enough.

DH LOVED the lamb chop at the Australia booth. He went back for thirds. He wanted to go back a forth time after we were on the other side of the lagoon, but I told him he'd had enough.

I second the Australia's Grilled Lamb Chop with Roasted Potato Salad ($5.50). We had seconds too! The fingerling potato salad was on the sour side.

It was so good, we got them rare & the Fish at that booth which was Barramude(SP?) And I also loved the Greek Salad at the Greece booth. those would have been my top 3 last year.

Kae

I am going to go with the other posters who said the lamb with potatoes in Australia!! AMAZING!! Seasoned perfectly, my fiancee had seconds and still wanted to go back for more! On the plane home I asked him what his favorite park of our 9 day trip was (keep in mind we did All the Disney parks, waterparks, Disneyquest, Seaworld, Universal, and Halloween Horror nights) his exact words "The lamb from Australia at the food and wine festival" He is now trying to find a good cut of lamb in the area and trying to recreate that! haha

As for myself other than that I really enjoyed all the things we had at the greek booth, the wine, and the passion fruit margarita in mexico were all fantastic!! Have a blast!! It's fun!! Start early though, it got pretty crowded while we were there!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter