Best "In-Character" Stories

Would you consider a character acknowledging their in an amusement park in or out of character?

I saw a video of Drizella at WDW and someone shouted to the Tremaines, "Is there a line?" She didn't skip a beat. "Yes! Of course there's a line, it's an amusement park!" *shrugs like duh you're an idiot* I found it to be hilarious and only something a villain character could pull off.

Last October, I believe it may have actually been Halloween, my friend and I were in Epcot. I decided to use my Visa card and get into the character meet, which turned out to only be Mickey and Goofy. She had a shirt on that had Cruella on it, and Goofy pointed at her, cowered behind his hands, and ran into the corner. She looked at me and she was SO confused until I realized who was on her shirt! So I walked over to Goofy, hugged him and took his hand, and coaxed him from the corner, telling him that she really wasn't evil. My friend, still confused, asked me what was going on and I had to tell her "Goofy's a DOG, you idiot!" :rotfl:

The handler, Photopass photographer, and Mickey were all laughing so hard once she FINALLY caught on.

My DW reminded me of this one. She was using the restroom and I was waiting for her, so I was leaning against the wall with a foot up, checking my email on my phone (Think of the Silent Bob pose from Clerks) and people around me start chuckling to which I was oblivious. My DW comes out of the restroom and starts laughing herself, to which I'm still oblivious. The whole time Peter Pan was standing next to me mimicking my every action. When I saw him I started laughing and asked him for forgiveness for playing on my phone. He leans into me and points at my phone and says "Please let the fairy you have trapped in your matchbox out."

We were there last summer and took my daughter and her best friend who is like a daughter to us both for their 15th Birthday and Peter Pan was so very rude to the girls both and would pose for a picture with them or anything and he even told my daughter to grow up?

I don't ever remember Peter Pan being this way on our past visits and even Tinkerbell told him Peter you silly boy be nice to these girls!

This Peter by chance? He was terribly rude to DD3 last May who up until that point had been his biggest fan. We did the P&P cruise just to make sure we would meet him.
She ran up to him a crowed and he just went I didn't hear you, took her autograph book and signed it while going on about something, she had cut out his shadow to return to him and he screwed it up before she had even finished with him, she was devastated.

When DD3 met Prince Naveen, she got very sad and told him how upset she was that the Shadowman had squashed Ray, luckily it being after dark, he pointed to the stars and reminded her that Ray joined Evangeline and she perked right back up

We were at Crystal Palace and it was the changeover between breakfast and lunch, the restaurant was pretty empty. Pooh walked up to use and showed us a small hot sauce bottle he'd found. We told him too bad it isn't honey and he very sad and shook his head. We then told him he should go over to the food and wine festival at EPCOT, they have tons of honey. My mom told him about the cheese plate she'd gotten with honey on it and how at our culinary demo they'd made moroccan beef and couscous with honey. Pooh starts trembling with excitement, then links arms with my mom and walks off. :rotfl:

We have had so many great experiences at wdw with our girls and the characters but my faves :

1. In 2012 we went our oldest dd just turned 3 and we went to see the gang at character spot. Goody was up last and dd was so thrilled to meet him. She didn't want to let go of her. He took her by the hand and started walking to the exit. The handler asked goofy where he was taking her and then asked goofy if they were leaving to go home. Goofy nodded yes. The handler told goofy that he would have to feed dd. goofy pondered the thought abd then walked back to us with his head down.

2. This jan oldest dd is now 5 and our youngest was 1 1/2 at the time of our trip. We went to see minnie in her dressing room. She was so good with the girls -- showing them around the room and pointing out her fav things. The girls had purchased a baby sulley and baby boo. Minnie had them all kneel/sit on the floor and arranged the toys in the pic too. She also seemed impressed with the girls light up shoes and took them by the hands to show them her shoes. So cute!!!

3. Dd5 loves all things belle and decided to dress as belle one day in the park. We strolled to the village to meet gaston. His meet was moved to the wall with the beasts castle behind them. As he was signing her book, gaston asked if belle (dd5) had "finally come to her senses" and had left the beast and was ready to marry him. Dd5 said no but that they could be boyfriend and girlfriend. As the photographer was taking their pic with hadron flexing and posing dd5 planted a huge kiss on the cheek which took gaston by surprise. Those pictures are priceless!!!

4. At chef mickeys, dd1 was having so much fun seeing all her favorite and familiar friends from Mickey Mouse clubhouse in one place, when Donald came to out table she told him to "sit down with me!" Which he did in front of a plate of mickey Mac n cheese which he covered his eyes abd shook his head. I told the girls that Donald didn't like mickey Mac b cheese to which dd1 handed him a roll

dh and i were at mnsshp in 2012 waiting in line for donald and daisy and a guest was dressed up as the evil queen and had an apple...she tried to give it to donald but he didn't want it and tried to give it to his handler....it was so funny to watch... when it was our turn donald refused to take the picture bc dh was wearing an old school mickey mouse t shirt...he refused to sign our book...threw the pen bc mickey was on it....kept walking out of the shot until dh crossed his arms to cover up mickey....daisy was shaking her finger at him....best interaction we've had....we usually always do donald duck #1 poses with him...but this was great
o7yTFt

On our last trip this January my youngest son drew pictures of characters in his autograph book for the characters to sign next to. When we saw Gaston he asked my son where his picture was in the book and since there was not one he demanded my son draw it on the spot while he posed. It was hilarious!

I have a few from a visit during Spring of 2013.

1) Dancing with Donald in Camp Minnie Mickey.
2) Chipmunk Sandwich Hug from Chip and Dale in Camp Minnie Mickey.
3) Tinkerbell, Fawn, Rosetta, and Vidia doing the chicken dance. (this was during the limited time magic when Tinkerbell had three friends with her at a time.)

This Peter by chance? He was terribly rude to DD3 last May who up until that point had been his biggest fan. We did the P&P cruise just to make sure we would meet him.
She ran up to him a crowed and he just went I didn't hear you, took her autograph book and signed it while going on about something, she had cut out his shadow to return to him and he screwed it up before she had even finished with him, she was devastated.

This is the Peter that was at our P&P cruise in June 2012. I am sad and shocked that he was rude. We had a wonderful experience with him, he stayed talking to DS (2 at the time) for several minutes telling him stories about the Lost Boys, and even asking him if he wanted to go on an adventure with them. He then had a conversation with me about Tinkerbell...he was very snarky about Tink, but I felt like it was very in character for him, and appropriate.

We had several great encounters on our last trip, but two stand out. One wasn't the character so much as the CM at the meet and greet. At Meridian meet and greet CM Chip came up to us as we waited and spent about five minutes crushing leaves with my son... then asked if my son would try the bow. I was anxious but he said it would be ok if something went wrong (my son has autism and is nonverbal.... things can go waaay wrong,) To our shock, my son went with him and Shot the Arrow through the target. Merida saw it and kept telling my son how Brave he is and good with the bow like her.

The other great experience was with Vidia and Tink. We always warn the characters, but I think Vidia may not have heard exactly what my mom said. She greeted my son as he approached, waited for a response then turned her back and said, "Well! If you won't talk to my I'm not talking to you!".... Oops! My mom and I started laughing.

She and Tink ended up rolling on the floor with my son.... he just giggled. They were definitely his favorite characters.

My favorite interaction was between my daughter and Rapunzel on our last trip. We had just arrived at WDW that morning. We checked in and headed right to the MK. We got there in time for park opening and my dd was beyond excited. DD had never met Rapunzel before.
When it was our turn my dd, who is verbal autistic, began jumping up and down and flapping uncontrollably. Rapunzel was trying to engage her, but she just couldn't stop. Rapunzel then told her that she loved how much joy and excitement that she had and began jumping with her. They carried out their whole conversation while they both were jumping up and down. :lovestruc:jumping1:

My favorite was about 6 years ago and my son was 5. He was chosen to participate in the pirate tutorial. When fighting Captain Jack, he had been instructed to point off in the distance and say "Look, the Governor's daughter" in order to distract the good Captain.

My son does the following: points off in the distance and says "Pull my finger".
Captain Jack and the other pirate (sadly, I think the one who fell a few years ago and died) quickly dropped to ground laughing hysterically. They could barely get it together to finish the show.

We've had so many but here are a couple:

1. Our first trip in 2000 we met the Mad Hatter. He was talking to me and my sister and asked us where we were from. We told him Alabama and he says, "Are you sure you're from Alabama, I always heard you people had banjos on your knees!" So funny!! My mom still tells that story!!

2. This one is a little weird. We were meeting Tigger in 2007 and he hugged me and started jumping (as Tiggers do). Well, he hug/jumped with me for so long that my earring got caught in his fur!! We were stuck for a couple seconds. Then later I realized my earring was gone!! Guess it was still stuck on Tigger!! lol

3. And last December my sis and me had already met Rapunzel and were meeting Tiana. She was deciding where to sign my t-shirt and decided to sign by Rapunzel. This was one of the best conversations we've had with a character:

Tiana: "Are ya'll gonna see Rapunzel again?"
Us: "Maybe!"
Tiana: "Well if you do, tell her I need my frying pan back! She's whacking people with it!! Ya know I tried to teach the girl how to cook but she just wasn't getting it. I can't with that frying pan!!"
Us and the character attendant: *Dying laughing*

4. ETA: Also, what I had them signing in December was a t-shirt on a clipboard. When we met Minnie at Character Spot she pointed to the shirt and then pointed to me and finally to her head to tell me that it was a good idea!! I was super excited that Minnie Mouse herself liked my t-shirt idea!! Even though it says 2013, I will be adding to it forever! It represents so many hours of waiting and work and SO many memories!!

Loving this thread!!

Whenever I run into Peter Pan in the parks (both DL and WDW) he comes across as kind of a smart a**......maybe that's how his friends are taught to portray the role?

Whenever I run into Peter Pan in the parks (both DL and WDW) he comes across as kind of a smart a**......maybe that's how his friends are taught to portray the role?

Peter Pan is supposed to be a bit wicked and thoughtless, but I feel bad for the child who was surprised and saddened by this.

I have to admit that the first time I took my daughter to the Magic Kingdom, we didn't understand that the CMs are in character, and we were both shocked that the Haunted Mansion CM YELLED at the crowd (and us) and it upset my daughter. (It was late in the evening and her 'spooky' voice sounded more like a 'mad' voice.)

A few years later, we were back, she was older, and we both 'got' it.

Love reading these! Interacting with the characters is my favorite part of doing Disney. I have a lot of good ones, but I'll just share my favorites.

1) On a trip a few years back with my DM, DNephews (10 and 4 at the time), and DBoyfriend (at the time) we were at DHS on our last day. Both of my DNs were getting pictures when DB and I noticed that NO ONE was in line for Stitch. He looked so lonely! So we went over. I was wearing the Disney Princess Mickey Ears and had a princess pen. Stitch pointed to the pen and then to me and the CM said, "yes, Stitch, she's a princess!" so he bowed, took my hand and kissed it, and then began waltzing around the area with me!

2) This Feb my DM and DFriend were at MK and waited in the line to see Gaston. If you get the chance he is a MUST! He's hilarious! He noticed the medals that DF and I were wearing from running the PHM and said, "I ran that race too! But before it started as a warmup." We were dying! And then he noticed that DF's pen was Belle. He took it and kissed it! I was crying I was laughing so hard. He and I talked about our hair and how hard it was to be so attractive. I fell in love with him a little bit and my DM and DF still tease me about it! It didn't hurt that he was GORGEOUS! :love:

3) Same DF and I were at DL a few years back and went to Ariel's Grotto for breakfast. I was wearing a shirt covered in sequins and Ariel told me she loved it because it was just like her dress when she came out of the ocean to be with Eric. Then she asked who my favorite princess was and I told her it was her. She got so excited and asked if she could give me a hug. Of course I said yes! Then she asked my friend who her favorite was and she said it was Belle. Ariel got excited and told us Belle was her very best friend!

4) I do have to add that when we were at the World in Feb we rode ToT and the CM seemed to target my friend and I. Every time we turned around he was right behind us. He would walk away and the lights would go out and come back and there he was! When the Twilight Zone intro started he snuck up on us 3 separate times. :scared1: He was so CREEPY! Everyone else was beside themselves laughing every time we screamed.

I love that the characters and CMs will interact with adults just as much as with kids.

I have so many stories because some of the characters are awesome.

For our honeymoon we got lucky to meet Aladin and Jasmine. We were wearing our buttons. Aladin ask how my husband propose and I said he didn't do a formal proposal. He made my husband get on his knee in front of everyone. I was standing next to Jasmine and Aladin was behind my husband telling him what to say. It was so fun.

The first time my daughter meet Ariel she told Ariel she wanted to be a mermaid and marry Eric. They had a very long conversation about it, longer than expect it. Months later we went back for my daughter's bday and this time we meet Ariel with Eric. By luck this was the same Ariel and she remembered my daughter. My daughter was so embarrassed to meet Eric. Ariel made it so akward for my daughter and a great memory for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter