Best ideas for autographs???

happycows21

Earning My Ears
I have heard of the books. I have three kids and am imagining trying to juggle three different books around the parks. What are other ideas that work for collecting autographs????

1st timer to the parks!!!

We like the books but some people have had luck with pillowcases or t-shirts. I think you have to carry the t-shirt as the characters aren't allowed to sign something that you are wearing. Visit the DISign boards for some really clever ideas and to find designs to personalize your pillowcase/t-shirt.

We used a spiral bound book of 4x6 index cards & a click top Sharpie (bought both at CVS). It was easy to carry these two small items in our small backpack & just flip the card for the next signature. No dealing with a Sharpie cap either. We got a multi-color pack of Sharpies, using a different color each day,but the red was the best. Some of the lighter colors didn't show up well.

When we got home I made a scrapbook with the signed index card on one page & a picture of DD & the character on the other page. If you don't need on signature for each child, just do one & a picture of all kids with the character. Would they share one scrapbook, maybe making it family community property? You could do one for each child, but it would just be more time consuming!

We have done pillowcases and canvas tote bags. The pillowcases turned out really cute but it was a bit of a challenge getting autographs on three different pillowcases every time we encountered a character. Last year we bought medium-sized canvas tote bags for each DD. They decorated them with stencils and appliques. We used different colored Sharpies for the autographs.

You could try a frame mat, have all the characters sign the mat and then when you get home you can frame it. Autograph books might not be as bad as you would think. Especially if you can make them at home, then each child would have a different one without arguing over who gets the Mickey one or which Mickey one is their's. The flip style ones sound much better than the park ones since you could flip to the right page while you are in line and give it to the kid so they don't lose the page. After you have gotten the signature back in the page you toss it back into the bag.

I saw you were a 1st timer, just wanted to mention that if you kids are really into autographs you should try to do a character meal if possible. They are great, the kids can get autographs there and you get some great pictures when the characters come over to your table. It also saves alot of time over waiting in lines at the parks. We waited longer to get autographs than most of the rides.

We just got back. We had a book with an elastic bookmark type thing that would just fit around to the next page. I also saw lots of people with a big canvas tote. very cute idea. Make sure you visit Epcots Chracter Spot to see Mickey and Friends!

Hats

You can get hats from the Disney Store that have a character on the front. They'll embroyder the child's name on the back - will run you around $20.

Then you get the mini sharpies - they're only about 5" and have a dual cap system - the part of the top of the cap has a loop so you can attach them to a key ring and attach the ring to your bag, and the whole sharpie snaps off of that cap when you want to use it. These are great because you can carry many different colors and have the characters sign in colors appropriate for them. Attaching the key ring to your bag makes it easy to find the markers when needed rather than fumbling through pockets and bags.

The hats are nice because the kids are wearing them - you don't need to fumble around to find the autograph book or carry something around.

We've done this twice now and I can't tell you the number of compliments we get from people in the parks when the kids are wearing them around toward the end of the week.

we made a personalized book for our daughter our last trip. Each character had their own personalized page. It really increased the character interaction. For example MR. Incredible liked his page so much that he actually signed my DD book instead of using the stamp. It did take a few extra minutes to fumble to the correct page. But your in line aiting so you have plenty of time, the only thing I would do different is I alphabatized the characters and the next time I would put them in order of movie. so at the meeting spot we would not be flipping all around the book for the characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter