Best ID for toddler

kayemgi

DIS Veteran
We're heading to WDW in December with our 15-month old, and I'm debating about the best thing to do for her in the way of an ID in case she gets lost so that our phone numbers are clearly visible. I was considering the kid's version of Road ID, but it's costly and she'll outgrow it by our next trip if I get the size that won't fall off her wrist now. Or maybe one of those custom temporary tattoos would be better. Ideas and/or advice?

When my son was 2 for our trip I ordered one of those rubber bracelets and you can get words or numbers embossed on it. Like those rubber ones schools and events and charities hand out all the time. I had my cell phone number printed on it. I think total price was like $3. It was too big for his wrist so we wore in around his ankle and it didn't bother him at all. He wore crocs the whole time so I couldn't attach anything to his shoe laces. http://24hourwristbands.com

Does anyone know if cast members actually use the info to call parents?

Highly unlikely. The protocol is to take a child to a specific spot and then wait for parents to inform someone the kid is missing and then take the parents to the kid. Unless they can see visibly reacting parents searching for said child.

Can you imagine if they lifted a shirt to see a tattoo or tape or something that someone would eventually say that their child was touched inappropriately and then sue? In a sue happy society they aren't going to touch your kid.

Edited to add: If you are staying onsite then they have your info in the kids magic band. I've never heard of anyone ever being phoned by Disney saying the child was found. I could be wrong but I doubt that I am.

We're heading to WDW in December with our 15-month old, and I'm debating about the best thing to do for her in the way of an ID in case she gets lost so that our phone numbers are clearly visible. I was considering the kid's version of Road ID, but it's costly and she'll outgrow it by our next trip if I get the size that won't fall off her wrist now. Or maybe one of those custom temporary tattoos would be better. Ideas and/or advice?
I got Road ID's for my kids- I have one for myself too for when I'm running/ walking!
You can change the info plate onto a larger band as they get older! Honestly, they probably fit on any ol' silicone band!
Just my 2 cents if you are thinking of going that route!

I got Road ID's for my kids- I have one for myself too for when I'm running/ walking! You can change the info plate onto a larger band as they get older! Honestly, they probably fit on any ol' silicone band! Just my 2 cents if you are thinking of going that route!

Oh, I didn't know you could keep the plate and just change the band. That's good to know, thanks!

Highly unlikely. The protocol is to take a child to a specific spot and then wait for parents to inform someone the kid is missing and then take the parents to the kid. Unless they can see visibly reacting parents searching for said child.

Can you imagine if they lifted a shirt to see a tattoo or tape or something that someone would eventually say that their child was touched inappropriately and then sue? In a sue happy society they aren't going to touch your kid.

Edited to add: If you are staying onsite then they have your info in the kids magic band. I've never heard of anyone ever being phoned by Disney saying the child was found. I could be wrong but I doubt that I am.

I had read from a CM that they absolutely are not allowed to lift or shift any clothing on lost children, but if they can see the number clearly (like on a tattoo on their arm or a bracelet) that they will utilize the phone number. How true that is, I don't know, but I'd rather have the number visible and available just in case than not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter