Best Ice Cream at WDW

Mickey_Man

DIS Veteran
A recent series of posts about Beaches & Cream led me to this: Where is the best ice cream at WDW?

DW loves brownie sundaes, so her take would be to find the best brownie sundae. I like a sitdown soda fountain type atmosphere - the Fountain at the Dolphin is great and we are going to try B&C this summer.

The last post I read on that other thread said that one can get better food and ice cream than at B&C. My challenge to you guys is: Where?

Maybe Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop? I havn't been yet but definitely plan to!

and this may be somthing your DW might be interested in...

Warm Brownie Sundae - A scoop of premium vanilla ice cream paired with warm Ghirardelli double chocolate brownie smothered with hot fudge sauce and topped with whipped cream, chopped almonds and a cherry $6.95

Maybe Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop? I havn't been yet but definitely plan to!

and this may be somthing your DW might be interested in...

Warm Brownie Sundae - A scoop of premium vanilla ice cream paired with warm Ghirardelli double chocolate brownie smothered with hot fudge sauce and topped with whipped cream, chopped almonds and a cherry $6.95

Ghirardeli for sure. Although B&C is probably a close 2nd. Sci-Fi probably third because they have fantastic milk shakes.

It may not be the best, but when they put a big scoop of vanilla between 2 of those chocolate chip cookies at the Main Street Bakery, there aint much better! :)

I must be odd. I didn't like Ghiradelli's.
Mrs. Potts cupboard in Fantasyland has the best brownie sundae in my opinion. It's one of the cheaper ones too.

Must admit I've never been to Ghiradelli's but B&C's brownie sundaes are wonderful! Here is mine from the end of May.

IMG_1491.jpg

I'm sorry but the Beaches & Cream No Way Jose is the best ice cream dessert on Disney property. If you love chocolate and peanut butter together with ice cream you will absolutely love it.

I have to agree that the B & C No Way Jose is the best ice cream dessert. I've never had their ice cream without the toppings, but all together it is delicious.

I am not a huge fan of Sci Fi's milk shake although I did drink it all!:rotfl:

I am intrigued! Might have to try it in September...do I need an ADR to just get a sundae? :surfweb:

I don't even think they take ADRs. I think it's just a counter service stop. Last time I went in there (probably about 2pm on a Monday), it was nearly empty, but I assume it depends on when you go. Either way, no ADR!

I don't even think they take ADRs. I think it's just a counter service stop. Last time I went in there (probably about 2pm on a Monday), it was nearly empty, but I assume it depends on when you go. Either way, no ADR!

I respectfully beg to differ. The Plaza serves entree items as well as ice cream treats and you would be wise to get an ADR there. We only go to WDW in the less busy seasons but The Plaza has always been full when we were there, in fact the last time we were there they were turning away walk ups left and right and we were there for the last seating.

I respectfully beg to differ. The Plaza serves entree items as well as ice cream treats and you would be wise to get an ADR there. We only go to WDW in the less busy seasons but The Plaza has always been full when we were there, in fact the last time we were there they were turning away walk ups left and right and we were there for the last seating.

I think we're having miscommunication! You would need an ADR for the Plaza which is a TS. There is also the Plaza Ice Cream parlour next to it which is CS/QS, so you don't have an ADR option! You can get them at both, but I prefer the actual restaurant. I have been there before without an ADR but I wouldn't reccomend it! You can always just order dessert, you don't have to get a full meal if you don't want to! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter