best hotel Old San Juan

trezoc

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! Looking for opinions on where to stay one or two nights before a southern carribean cruise. We will have our 18 and 20 year olds with us and looking to take in the sights or poss a day trip.( rain forrest, zip lining etc) Thanks in advance :)

In my opinion the best hotel in Old San Juan is Hotel El Convento. I love everything about that place.

We love Sheraton Old San Juan. Very convenient location - walking distance - to all the sights, restaurants, etc. in Old San Juan.

another vote for the Sheraton OSJ. Staff was very helpful and friendly. We booked a couple of day trips through the concierge and they were very good.

in addition to the Rainforest and Ziplining consider going to the Bio Bay (click link) one evening ...

We did the surf excursion on the eastern this past jan and it was outside the ritz, it looked very nice and the beach was nice.

El Convento is a lovely hotel with a lot of old world charm. Definitely more of a unique experience.

Are either of the two mentioned (El Convento -- why am I thinking of the Flying Nun?! or Sheraton) on the beach or walking distance to the beach?

Check out Trip Advisor, I use it all the time to read reviews about hotels before I book. The rain forest is a good hours drive out of San Juan, there is a resort within about a 15 minute drive to the rain forest, Wyndham Grand Rio Mar, great resort and it is far removed from the hustle and bustle of San Juan if that's what you want.

OSJ doesn't really have any beaches ... the Sheraton is close to the seawall where the "Port Day" ships dock.

I think that the Hilton and Embasy Suites are close to beaches but away from OSJ

OSJ doesn't really have any beaches ... the Sheraton is close to the seawall where the "Port Day" ships dock.

I think that the Hilton and Embasy Suites are close to beaches but away from OSJ

Agreed. I suggest an OSJ hotel, then make a trip to the beach. We rented a car. Parking was pricey, but the beach was only 15 minutes by car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter