Best hotel in the Summer?

KateMW

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking about surprising DD5.5 with a trip for her birthday this summer.

We'd be going in June for this trip and will probably spend a couple of days swimming and hanging around the resort, so I'd love some opinions on what's the best swimming pool/resort in the summer.

We're staying at the Poly coming up in Feb., but since we're not planning on swimming, I didn't really put much thought into pools and outdoor things. :goodvibes

I would say the GF, because they have the boat ride, monorail, beach, the great pools and the cabanas. I have stayed at the poly, GF, and pop, and I would always go back to GF. Well maybe I should say GF if you plan on MK and Ept a lot the bus seem to take forever to get there to go to any of the other parks, but it seemed the same at poly, but there seemed to be a lot more buses at pop, but I still would say I love GF. I hope I helped a little. :-)

Nicest pool is with the Yacht and Beach Club. The deluxes all have pool slides, and nice theming, though. Same with coronado Springs.

Without a doubt, the BC/YC has the best pool. Stormalong Bay is a mini-water park and will keep you entertained for the whole trip.

Without a doubt, the BC/YC has the best pool. Stormalong Bay is a mini-water park and will keep you entertained for the whole trip.

Yes! Stormalong Bay! That's what I was thinking about. I'm figuring that we'll spend more time at the pool and hanging out and hit the parks for a few hours a day. We'll be there for 8 days next month, so we'll have seen a ton then {without the crowds of summer!} and just relax for this trip.

Now I just need to convince DH...and keep it a surprise from DD.:lovestruc

nice to hear that many think BC/YC as best pool. What does this pool have?? Staying at BCvillas in July ...

YC/BC simply have the best pool of all the resorts,it's beyond a pool with waterslide and all.The hotels are also walking distance to EPCOT and DHS.

YC/BC has a wonderful pool. If you're looking for a mod, POR has a nice pool. My dd really enjoyed swimming and going down the slide. It also has a nice boat to DTD.

Even though it's not the most themed pool the one at the Contemporary is very nice with a great slide and it's shaped like Mickey Ears, plus a few months ago they opened a brand new kids splash play area. Besides that their overall location speaks for itself and it's great having the walkway to and from the Magic Kingdom.

If your looking for a few days at the pool and with a child there are no if, and, or buts about it, the YC/BC with SAB is hands down the best pool in WDW.

nice to hear that many think BC/YC as best pool. What does this pool have?? Staying at BCvillas in July ...

From Disney's website: Stormalong Bay is a beachside water park that offers up 3 acres of aquatic fun for the whole family. Catch currents in an expansive sand-bottomed pool or a lazy circular river, explore the "Shipwreck" and slide down one of the highest hotel waterslides at WDW Resort, or simply lie on the elevated tanning deck and soak up the sun's golden rays. With 750,000 gallons of water comprising an impressive complex of pools that range from swirling to placid, open to secluded and cool to warm, every member of your family can find a place to make a splash at Stormalong Bay. Guppy Bay Kiddie pool lets even the youngest of Guests in on the fun.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/beach-club-resort/recreation/

The pool games that the lifeguards seem to constantly play are a riot for those who watch and enjoyable for those who participate. I've rented a tube for the entire day (couldn't be more than $10) to float around the lazy river area of the pool. The pool is entirely sandy-bottom, so it's really fun and much like the ocean/lake. The theming is great- waterfalls every where. There are jacuzzis unlike the Poly (although it may be too hot in the summer for jacuzzis anyway). And the tanning deck portion that they mentioned is great. I will warn you though that pool chairs get snapped up really quick so it pays to get down there early when they open and camp out for an entire day of poolside fun. Beaches and Cream and the poolside bar/snack place (Hurricane Hannah's) are also great for munchies and treats. Please note that the pool is only open when the lifeguards are on duty. However, there are 3 quiet pools that are "swim at your own risk" and open 24/7 it seems. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

~~~

I agree with all posters about BC/YC/BCV's Stormalong Bay. I don't even know what the competition is. ;) If you're thinking of a resort for the summer, then I'm assuming you're looking for a great pool, great location (so you don't have to worry about transportation in the hot summer heat), and great theme (to take your mind off the heat!) :thumbsup2 These three resorts do a great job. I would recommend any three of them for the summer months in a heartbeat.

Even though Storm Along Bay seems to be getting all the love, I'd like to bring up the water parks.

Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon will rock some socks off.

We are going to stay at BCV for our first time in about a month and I am really curious about this Lazy River. We walked around last year at this time of year and did not see anything resembling a lazy river. There was a teeny area where kids were floating around kind of in a circle....is this the lazy river? How big is it (about how many people on rafts could float at once?) They were doing alot of improving to the pools that trip so maybe I missed something. Thanks very much in advance for your input. :)

It seems like it would be very difficult to keep track of your kids at SB. Is this the case for anyone? I am one of those extremely overprotective paranoid types, so this pool freaks me out a little!! :scared:

We were there last summer and really enjoyed Stormalong Bay at the YC/BC. It's nice because there were some shady spots in the pool (under the bridge, for example). It was really hot out, and it's also nice because it's not a long walk to the pool from the lobby.;)

It seems like it would be very difficult to keep track of your kids at SB. Is this the case for anyone? I am one of those extremely overprotective paranoid types, so this pool freaks me out a little!! :scared:

It really depends on how many kids you have, their ages, and how many adults per child. We are a family of 4, 2 kids & 2 adults, so it's very easy for us. We tend to all stick together.

As far as OP's question, I agree with everyone else that BC/YC has an awesome pool to hang around at for days at a time. There are several different sections to explore. Probably the most fun for younger kids is the sandy-bottom section -- very shallow water plus mounds of sand to play in. There is also a large slide for older kids and a small slide for younger kids. Also, besides lounging at the pool, you can easily enjoy the boardwalk fun. At night, you can watch movies on the beach. There is a LOT to do in the Epcot resort area.

We are going to stay at BCV for our first time in about a month and I am really curious about this Lazy River. We walked around last year at this time of year and did not see anything resembling a lazy river. There was a teeny area where kids were floating around kind of in a circle....is this the lazy river? How big is it (about how many people on rafts could float at once?) They were doing alot of improving to the pools that trip so maybe I missed something. Thanks very much in advance for your input. :)

Yes that is the lazy river there is a current going around in the small island. Its right next to the towel stand. It is deep with a pretty good current so I wouldn't let lil kids or kids that can't swim well go in the lazy river(circle:lmao:)

If money is not an issue, I'd recommend Beach Club or Boardwalk if you want to stay in that area. If you want to stay on Seven Seas Lagoon, I'd recommend either Grand Floridian or Polynesian. It's not on the monorail, but Wilderness Lodge would be an excellent choice too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter