Best hair product for curly hair in FL humidity?

I just had my hair trimmed on Tuesday and I told my hairdresser that I am heading to FL next week, could she recommend something to help with the frizzies? I have thick wavy hair in a short haircut that I am trying to grow out, back into a bob. She told me to use Aveda Smooth Infusion shampoo and conditioner and for a styling creme to use Moroccan Oil Hydrating Styling Creme (rather pricey). Of course I bought them. I used them for the first time this morning. It is extremely humid in Boston today, I even got rained on a little and when I got into work, my hair looks pretty good. I don't look like a wild woman! I'll be using these products next week, hopefully to the same results.

I think I can post some pics of me after a full day in the parks after my ritual... Citre Shine, Garnier Fructis Hard Curl, and Suave Healthy Curls Hair Finishing Spray. It doesn't look great, but after a full day of heat and humidity. It's not too bad either, and no ponytail. These were photopass photos.
image130.jpg
[/IMG]
image273.jpg
[/IMG]
Hope this gives some idea.

I had to read this thread as I have poker straight hair that won't hold curl to save its life and I WISH I had the curls you all have, even on their "worst" days as I think curly hair is so pretty!:lmao:

Mine does frizz though, an it drives me CRAZY!

My 6 year old DD has beautiful curly hair (NO idea where that came from!), so I need to learn all of these tips and tricks for her benefit also!;)

Bumping for anyone curious about the Ouidad products....She will be on HSN at the end of the week.....Here is what my e-mail states.....Even if you are not interested in her products she will be demonstrating her "rake and shake" styling methods that work for curly hair....

Learn more about
Ouidad products
Thanks to all of your support, my debut on HSN was such a success that I will be back again. If you missed the shows the first time, there are now 6 times you can tune in this week to watch.
Call in to HSN during the show at 866-376-TALK to speak with me and share your beautiful curl experiences with Ouidad products.
Watch to learn how I perform the Rake & Shake styling technique with my curl enhancing products to achieve those fabulous curls in just 5 minutes.

Or simply shop for special offers on some of your favorite products.

Be sure to tell your curly friends - I want to teach all the curly girls out there how to care for and have more fun with their amazing curls.
Show times (EST)
Thursday, August 7th Friday, August 8th
8:00 - 9:00 AM (bottom of the hour) 6:00 - 7:00 AM (bottom of the hour)
8:00 - 9:00 PM (top of the hour) 9:00 - 10:00 AM (bottom of the hour)
3:00 - 4:00 PM (bottom of the hour)
11:00 - 12:00 PM (bottom of the hour)
Check your local listing for the proper HSN channel

My DD has a thick mane of curly hair that she has to wear long (she's a ballet dancer and needs to put it up in a bun). She lives in south Florida, so has to deal with Orlando-like temps and humidity. Here is what she suggests:

Use Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine; don't wash your hair every day--every other day is ideal, since frizzy-haired people need to retain moisture as much as possible in their hair. Do condition daily, though, and leave the conditioner in for a bit before washing it out.

GFS&S just provides a good foundation for tame hair. After using GFS&S, she puts a couple of drops of Moroccan Oil in her hair, followed by Redken super straight serum.

For really great results, save up for the John Frieda Overnight Repair Frizz-Fighting Serum, which is $10 and you leave it in overnight (hence the moniker).

Enjoyed reading about all the help for curly hair. I haven't tried GFS&S yet but that seems to work for many with curly hair.
Just to let you know, hair gets curlier the older you get.:)

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not but I soooo know exactly what you are going through!!! I used Samy Salon Recurl spray... LOVE IT!!! I'm from TN also and we went to WDW last Sept. (headed back in 3 weeks..WOO-HOO :thumbsup2 ) anyway, I used this stuff last year and I had perfect hair everyday. Even when we went to the water parks, it would dry beautifully!!! I wouldn't dare go back this year with out it. My hair is long, very thick with curls and if I don't use the right products... well let's just say you don't want to see that :scared1:

Here's my crazy curly hair..... This one was taken today.
100_2000.jpg

This one last year at WDW
100_1537.jpg

I'm telling ya, Samy Salon!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter