• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best grocery store for stop between MCO and WDW?

laura3773

Mouseketeer
We will be travelling with a toddler for the first time and would like to stop on the way to the hotel. We are getting a shuttle service to transport us (staying at SOG) and he will make one stop. We want to pick up basics like milk, bananas, oranges or clementines, yogurt, cheese at a good price but also want to get some beer for us to enjoy during our hotel breaks. My husband and I are picky beer drinkers - we want craft beer, not anything from Inbev or Miller Coors and would love to get something local or that doesn't distribute in Virginia. Often I find that affordable and good beer do not go hand in hand in stores.

We will also be travelling with my sister and husband who are on a much tighter budget and will probably want to get breakfast and lunch stuff. She is dairy free due to an allergy, so we will need a store with a good selection of soy/almond milk products.

Should we just suck it up and go to Whole Foods? Or does anyone know of a store similar to a Wegmans that will have everything we're looking for? Or a shopping center with a grocery store and a beer/wine store?

Thanks!

We will be travelling with a toddler for the first time and would like to stop on the way to the hotel. We are getting a shuttle service to transport us (staying at SOG) and he will make one stop. We want to pick up basics like milk, bananas, oranges or clementines, yogurt, cheese at a good price but also want to get some beer for us to enjoy during our hotel breaks. My husband and I are picky beer drinkers - we want craft beer, not anything from Inbev or Miller Coors and would love to get something local or that doesn't distribute in Virginia. Often I find that affordable and good beer do not go hand in hand in stores.

We will also be travelling with my sister and husband who are on a much tighter budget and will probably want to get breakfast and lunch stuff. She is dairy free due to an allergy, so we will need a store with a good selection of soy/almond milk products.

Should we just suck it up and go to Whole Foods? Or does anyone know of a store similar to a Wegmans that will have everything we're looking for? Or a shopping center with a grocery store and a beer/wine store?

Thanks!

Publix is like Wegmans. There's a few of them in between MCO and Disney. There's one on Vineland Avenue which is about 20 minutes from Shades of Green. I think that might be the closest to the actual Disney World. I'm sure there are some local convenience stores but if you wanted something better Publix is probably your best choice.

Publix is a very good option. I used the one on Vineland Ave the last time we visited, and it had everything we were looking for. Just know that Goodings is the tourist grocery store, and prices will generally be higher there.

Wondering the same thing....
Would this be the one to stop at if we are staying at Double Tree Downtown Disney?

PUBLIX , WALMART , CVS , Walgreens , Dollar General ,

Even the German. Supermarket Chain " Aldi " are in Disney area.

Tip. Instead of buying multitudes of water bottles....

Buy say 12 ...... the Buy some 1 gallon containers .(cost $1 ) ... .

Then use the 12 & Refill ..... THEN RE Fill the 1 gall containers at

Publix or Walmart for $ 0.50 cents.

"Laura3773" If you find a place that has local craft beers, will you please post. We will be driving down this summer. DS also is a craft beer drinker and has been asking if there might be a place that he can purchase some on the way. I would love to hear of a close place that has something. He also likes to try new craft beers that he hasn't had previously. We also will be traveling with the grandsons, so it would be nice to be able to stop and get a couple of things for them. So glad I found your post.

"Laura3773" If you find a place that has local craft beers, will you please post. We will be driving down this summer. DS also is a craft beer drinker and has been asking if there might be a place that he can purchase some on the way. I would love to hear of a close place that has something. He also likes to try new craft beers that he hasn't had previously. We also will be traveling with the grandsons, so it would be nice to be able to stop and get a couple of things for them. So glad I found your post.

Unfortunately I'm just nuts and am planning a grocery trip 180 days out, so you will be there before me :-(

I am going with my family in a few weeks. We will be renting a car and stopping for some groceries along the way. I've already looked up Publix and Target, so we'll probably stop at one of those places on our way to the Poly. I'll try to take note of the beer selection since that will be on our shopping list too ;-) .

Unfortunately I'm just nuts and am planning a grocery trip 180 days out, so you will be there before me :-(

Nope, not nuts! I have been crazy planning too. I am going to watch this thread and see what everyone says. If we find a good place, I might be able to post and let you know. :)

The Publix on Vineland rd is your best bet. I was a CP this past summer and thats where I went! They always had good deals & fresh produce. As for the beer selection, it's large...I can't tell you about craft beers since I'm a wine drinker but I believe there is a liquor store in that plaza, it's called Liquor 192 (not sure if it has beer or not). The Wal-Mart on 535 is a zoo and not the best in my opinion, even though it's very close to Disney. Whole foods is way out of the way IMO and you can get similar selection/quality at Publix.

ABC Liquor, just outside of DTD probably has the area's best selection of beer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter