Best Good Neighbor Pool?

Lissame

DIS Veteran
I have some friends who want to go to Disneyland soon, and a high priority for them is a great pool. They have 2 adults and 3 teens, so the HOJO splash area wouldn't be appealing to them. Also, they don't want to stay on property, the cost is too prohibitive.

Does anyone have suggestions for good neighbor hotels with a good pool?

Agreed Anaheim Plaza has a beautiful Olympic sized pool. The property is older and nothing fancy; but it is quiet, clean and close to the parks. We stay here all the time.

The actual *pool* at HoJo is quite lovely. It's not even in the water play area.

The pool at Anabella is pretty, and swimmable (though not huge), and the quiet pool there looks beautiful from the outside (our son is still young so we can't go in there yet).

But I'm pretty basic in my own pool needs. What do THEY want to do with a pool; what is their definition of a "great" pool? Because for me it's "something I can actually swim in, without scraping my feet on the bottom of the pool", and prettiness is a bonus. :) But it might be different for them.

A couple option that may work since they are different.

The Carousel Inn and Suites, for it's room top pool.
The Camelot Inn.

Ramada Inn Maingate.

Hotel Menage = 24 hour pool and hot tub. Happy Hour food and drinks with nice patio furniture.

Hojo's has a very nice pool in addition to the splash area. Other pools we like, Carousel, Candy Cane, and Residence Inn have great pools and the rooms are quite nice. Camelot and Anaheim Plaza have good pools, but the rooms are a little more dated than the others.

Thanks everyone! I am not exactly sure what they are looking for, but it's nice to give them a few options. We also have very basic needs when it comes to pools, so her request kind of threw me because it's not something I pay much attention to.

We really enjoyed the pool at the Tropicana on our last trip. The pool was big enough for the kids to have fun and the adults enjoyed the roominess of the hot tub. Be aware that the rooftop pool at the Carousel is nice but they do not have a hot tub if that is something they'd like. Here are a couple of pics of the pool at the Tropicana if it helps.

cdb91385.jpg
[/IMG]

2e0d205b.jpg
[/IMG]

Pools I like are:
Sheraton Park (used to be Coast). They have a bar near the pool where you can order snacks.
Sheraton Anaheim
Ramada Inn Maingate - a really good size, with a shallow end
Tropicana Inn
Camelot (small, but on top of 3rd floor, and they can watch fireworks from there)
Residence Inn Maingate - decent size, and I like the area that it is set in
Howard Johnson - set in a garden area, really nice

Pools I don't really like
Best Western Park Place Inn (small and surrounded by three walls and parking - not aesthetically pleasing)
Carousel Inn - rooftop pool sounds cool, but the walls keep you from really seeing anything, and there is no jacuzzi
Desert Inn- small indoor pool and it smells like cholorine
Residence Inn on Harbor - pool surrounded by parking lot and small
Anaheim Inn - small

We just stayed at the Anahiem plaza and the pool is awesome! It is 11.5 feet deep on one end- huge with lots of room, so you don't feel like you have to watch where your swimming .Very clean! I have some pics I could email if needed. I was there with 2 11yr olds and a 13 yr old- and they loved it. The grounds are also nice and peaceful, and I enjoyed reading my book in the sun while the kids swam. My son wants to stay there from now on, and previously he was in love with the Ramada's pool.

Hojo's has a very nice pool in addition to the splash area. Other pools we like, Carousel, Candy Cane, and Residence Inn have great pools and the rooms are quite nice. Camelot and Anaheim Plaza have good pools, but the rooms are a little more dated than the others.
The pool at the Residence Inn Maingate (on Clementine) is open 24/7. My kids love a quick dip after get get back from the park at night.

Also, the Marriott on Convention way has a pool that is half indoors and half outdoor. And it has a bar...

Ha! I read this and thought "this sounds JUST like my friend Jen's experience"-and then I realized, this IS my friend Jen :).

Ha! I read this and thought "this sounds JUST like my friend Jen's experience"-and then I realized, this IS my friend Jen :).

Sheesh-meant to quote Fargirljen's post two above-I suck at posting from my phone. :/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter