Best gluten free counter service?

maddiebee

DIS Veteran
I'm wondering if anyone has a list is the best spots to get a quick gluten free meal at each park? I'm trying not to over plan my trip in August but am wondered how much fore-thought ill need to put into quick gluten free eating at Disney, since its a lot of work anywhere else. Are there gluten free options at most QS places or are there places I should be keeping an eye out for?

Also, favorite Gf item at the world?!

Thanks!!

We went to Disneyland a few years ago with my son who was gluten free at the time, and had a really easy time finding meals for him. When we ordered CS, I asked about the gluten free options and the manager came and talked to me about all of the safe items on the menu, or how they could easily swap out buns or bread n burgers and sandwiches. I was really nervous, but it was fantastic.

Eating gluten free even at CS is very easy. I am gluten free along with being allergic to about 11 other foods (including all nuts, eggs, soy, dairy, shellfish, etc) and we did 4 CS meals plus our resort food court everyday (POP century) and we did no ore planning at all. I can't eat the GF buns because they were Udis and I'm also allergic to eggs but those are available at all C places for burgers and sandwiches.

We ate at:

Cosmic rays: burgers (no bun) with grapes, fries and GF cookies
Columbia harbor house; allergy chicken tenders with fries
Sunshine seasons; salmon with roasted poatoes and veggies with GF cookies
Studio catering company: roasted veggies with a side of fries, grapes and GF cookies
POP century: allergy chicken tenders, allergy waffles, fries, grapes, chicken, GF pasta, sautéed veggies, GF cookies, burger (no bun) and deconstructed sandwiches.

Disney is great with allergies. And with GF being so common I really don't think it's necessary to pre plan. I honestly think every place can accommodate you. Hope that helps!

My husband is gluten free and I am 99.99% confident that all of the traditional CS restuarants have gluten free options. The specialized kiosks (eggrolls, pretzels, churros) will not but to walk into a CS you will have options.

That said my husband loves the gluten free chicken tenders available at a number of Disney CS. I know he gets them (a lot) at Columbia Harbor House and I wasn't with him but I know he got them at HS I believe at the Backlot Express in January.

Liz

Awesome!!! Thanks for the help! I haven't had chicken tenders in so long. I can't wait to have them so readily available!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/03/29/hidden-gem-liberty-square-market-now-serving-sweet-potatoes/

Here's my favorite treat in the MK. It's a little carby for how we eat but it's a pretty decent carb and a decent snack. It just tickled me to death to find it. Not sure if there is any cross contamination in the prep though but ask. They'll tell you.

This is so great. I LOVE sweet potatoes. I hope they still have these in August (although, it may be a little hot for a baked potato!)

I'm wondering if anyone has a list is the best spots to get a quick gluten free meal at each park? I'm trying not to over plan my trip in August but am wondered how much fore-thought ill need to put into quick gluten free eating at Disney, since its a lot of work anywhere else. Are there gluten free options at most QS places or are there places I should be keeping an eye out for?

Also, favorite Gf item at the world?!

Thanks!!

My sister has Celiac and has run into few to no problems since having to adopt it in the World. As long as you do your research and make sure you speak to the chefs, you will be fine! I know that one of my sister's favorites was Flame Tree BBQ at AK... it offered some different options for her and she didn't feel so "left out" from what the rest of us were eating.

I have a dining report linked below and there are quite a few CS restaurants on it. I'm gluten free (among others) and I always found something safe to eat.

I have a dining report linked below and there are quite a few CS restaurants on it. I'm gluten free (among others) and I always found something safe to eat.

I just read the whole thing! So helpful! I really love reading all these Disney reviews about food allergies because Disney seems so happy to help! I get embarrassed about it a lot because I don't want to be a bother. I'm so glad that Disney's magic translates even into things like allergies!

Lets see..... Here's our go-to places. There are other places as well but we've got a lot more foods that we have to avoid than just gluten and these are the ones that can handle our lists best.

MK: Cosmic Ray's or Columbia Harbour House
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, Electric Umbrella, Liberty Inn, Mexico pavillion
AK: Flame Tree BBQ, fruit from any of the many fruit stands
DHS: any of the CS locations other than Starring Rolls (we typically eat TS)
DTD: Cooke's of Dublin, Pollo Campero, Babycakes

If you enjoy dining reviews, I've got a bunch linked in my signature. I'm still in the middle of writing up my February one but I've got a couple CS in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter