Best GF Pizza or Spaghetti?

brighteyes

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I am GF and DF but my son is not. I would like to eat somewhere that he can have pizza (not GF but where I can get spaghetti.

We will be on the dining plan.

Thanks!

I believe I've read several times that they have GF/DF pizza at Pizza Planet if you want pizza too (one of my kids can't eat anything there so I've never checked myself). Tony's Town Square even has safe meatballs to go with the spaghetti. They have the GF pasta par cooked all the time so it even comes out quickly. Hopefully they still have the green apple sorbet too. It was great getting something different for dessert.

They have GF pizza and pasta at Mama Melrose.

I believe I've read several times that they have GF/DF pizza at Pizza Planet if you want pizza too (one of my kids can't eat anything there so I've never checked myself). Tony's Town Square even has safe meatballs to go with the spaghetti. They have the GF pasta par cooked all the time so it even comes out quickly. Hopefully they still have the green apple sorbet too. It was great getting something different for dessert.

Thanks so much! I will put them both on my list for our upcoming trip! This board is always so helpful! :yay:

The GF pizza at pizza planet tasted to bad to me that even though I was starving after not eating all day I couldn't eat it. It was horrible with a capital H. Even my DH who will not throw away food tasted it and threw it away. The chef at the Mara at AKL makes a nice GF pizza, Pinocchio at MK has a GF pizza, and most p;aces carry the Udi's shell now to make a GF pizza.

I haven't had the spagetti but I had the GF noodle bowl at Kona and it was really good.

The GF pizza at pizza planet tasted to bad to me that even though I was starving after not eating all day I couldn't eat it. It was horrible with a capital H. Even my DH who will not throw away food tasted it and threw it away. The chef at the Mara at AKL makes a nice GF pizza, Pinocchio at MK has a GF pizza, and most p;aces carry the Udi's shell now to make a GF pizza.

I haven't had the spagetti but I had the GF noodle bowl at Kona and it was really good.

Great!! Good to know....DO NOT EAT THE PIZZA AT PIZZA PLANET. If the one who never wastes food won't eat it, it must be bad. :scared:

Trattoria al Forna.

I am wheat free, dairy free + more

Best Italian food I have had in years. The accommodate GF. Even their breading for the Chicken Parm is GF.

The use Pecorino for thier cheese (sheeps milk) and I can tolerate it much better. The pasta was outstanding.

I'll link my review with pictures.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/al...ort-added-1-2015-trip-w-pictures-now.3305103/

Here you go. Post four has the info about my meal

Last edited:
Try the resort food courts at either All-Star Music AS Sports or POR. They all have create-your-own pasta with GF pasta for you and pizza available for your DS. Plus resort hopping can make a nice break in an otherwise crazy day.

The only problem with the food court pasta is that the only GF and DF sauce is the pesto, and none of the meat is safe, though they will get you a grilled chicken or a hamburger pattie from the other stations. At the time I tried there was cheese or wheat in all the sauces and meat/breading choices at this station, well except the pesto.

Thank you all. I am staying at POP again this year and just read a thread that the POP foods court is not helpful at all when dealing with dietary needs. And selection is very limited as to what I will be able to eat.
This makes me very sad as I used to love the food at POP and was hoping this trip with my new food issues I could still do that. Looks like I will be eating salad from POP. :sad2:

The only problem with the food court pasta is that the only GF and DF sauce is the pesto, and none of the meat is safe, though they will get you a grilled chicken or a hamburger pattie from the other stations. At the time I tried there was cheese or wheat in all the sauces and meat/breading choices at this station, well except the pesto.

I've never had pesto sauce at a food court at Disney. It's always been an organic red sauce and I have to avoid ALOT more than just gluten and dairy. I usually go to POR and get rice noodles, red sauce, spinach, broccoli, and grilled chicken.

Thank you all. I am staying at POP again this year and just read a thread that the POP foods court is not helpful at all when dealing with dietary needs. And selection is very limited as to what I will be able to eat.
This makes me very sad as I used to love the food at POP and was hoping this trip with my new food issues I could still do that. Looks like I will be eating salad from POP. :sad2:

I stayed at POP during Spring Break in March and the chefs were great. They made a fresh burger patty with garlic and onions and a huge serving of fruit. There were GF/DF waffles for breakfast but they were off-limits for me due to other allergies.

I've never had pesto sauce at a food court at Disney. It's always been an organic red sauce and I have to avoid ALOT more than just gluten and dairy. I usually go to POR and get rice noodles, red sauce, spinach, broccoli, and grilled chicken.

I stayed at POP during Spring Break in March and the chefs were great. They made a fresh burger patty with garlic and onions and a huge serving of fruit. There were GF/DF waffles for breakfast but they were off-limits for me due to other allergies.
Great! Thank you so much! That makes me feel alot better about my upcoming stay! So when ordering do you just speak to the CM at the counter?

Great! Thank you so much! That makes me feel alot better about my upcoming stay! So when ordering do you just speak to the CM at the counter?

Pretty much, I just grab a CM's attention and let them know I have allergies and they send out a chef or manager to talk to me. I have a list of allergies and intolerances so I carry cards that list everything I can't have and some of the other common names for those foods since a few of them are really odd but seem to be everywhere.

Pretty much, I just grab a CM's attention and let them know I have allergies and they send out a chef or manager to talk to me. I have a list of allergies and intolerances so I carry cards that list everything I can't have and some of the other common names for those foods since a few of them are really odd but seem to be everywhere.

Thank you!

They told me there was cheese in the marinara. Maybe they switched to a non dairy red sauce since then (think the last time I checked was in early 2014). although I wasn't off dairy then....hmmm maybe I am just remembering wrong. The chicken was breaded I do remember that, and they told me they would get me grilled chicken from another line if I wanted it.

Of course this was at one of the all stars so it may have had different offerings than POR.

They told me there was cheese in the marinara. Maybe they switched to a non dairy red sauce since then (think the last time I checked was in early 2014). although I wasn't off dairy then....hmmm maybe I am just remembering wrong. The chicken was breaded I do remember that, and they told me they would get me grilled chicken from another line if I wanted it.

Of course this was at one of the all stars so it may have had different offerings than POR.

I haven't tried the All Stars for spaghetti since last year either. The chef's usually don't offer what's on the line. The red sauce is Amy's Organic that they keep on hand for allergies. POR is my usual go-to because I love eating by the water wheel.

I haven't tried the All Stars for spaghetti since last year either. The chef's usually don't offer what's on the line. The red sauce is Amy's Organic that they keep on hand for allergies. POR is my usual go-to because I love eating by the water wheel.

Well I doubt I would make it to All Stars just for the CS food since we are staying at POP.

AoA across the bridge from Pop has a create your own pasta station. Unless things have changed they have a GFDF marinara. I'm surprised somebody got DF pesto as every one I've encountered has parmesan. My oldest actually loves her pasta with just oil and veggies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter