Best FW loops.........

Figment Chick, I just want to make sure you know, every loop has some sites that offer little to no privacy between you and the neighbor. For instance, this last Christmas we were in site 509 which was amazingly private, there was probably 50' of trees and brush between our awning side and the next camper. It was GREAT. Our next door neighbors in 511 were less than 40' away and there were maybe two tiny bushes between us. Poor souls. But you'll find that in every loop.

SouthCarolinaGirl, my top picks for shady pet loops would be 300, 500, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1600, and 1800. Of those 300 is the only Preferred, and 1600 and 1800 are Full, the rest are Premium.

Hmm......I see. Well, I guess about the only thing that I can do is let my requests be known upon making my ressie, and keep my fingers crossed. Atleast I have some sort of idea now about what I'm looking for. Thank you all so much for all of your advice. Everyone has been so friendly and helpful!

Now as for our time of travel. I may need to start a new thread on this, but does anyone know about the crowd levels the week before Presidents week? A couple of our prospective dates fall during the Friday and Saturday of Presidents Day weekend. Are we asking for it if we stick with those dates?

Hmm......I see. Well, I guess about the only thing that I can do is let my requests be known upon making my ressie, and keep my fingers crossed. Atleast I have some sort of idea now about what I'm looking for. Thank you all so much for all of your advice. Everyone has been so friendly and helpful!

Now as for our time of travel. I may need to start a new thread on this, but does anyone know about the crowd levels the week before Presidents week? A couple of our prospective dates fall during the Friday and Saturday of Presidents Day weekend. Are we asking for it if we stick with those dates?

I'm sure you've realized that when you make your reservation, you will reserve a particular level (full, preferred, premium, etc). You will have almost a year to dwell on which loop you wish to request! You'll probably change your mind as to which would be "best" at least five times.

I hope you have a wonderful time planning - oh and don't forget to check out Shan-man's google earth website for even more compulsive planning :thumbsup2

President's Day weekend is considered one of the busiest times at WDW.

Okay, so I made my ressie yesterday. Fortunately the cast member that I dealt with was friendly and energetic, that goes a long way with me. I went ahead and reserved a premium site, mainly because of the extra space that it's supposed to provide. I politely asked the CM if he would make a notation that we would prefer a site near the marina. I also let it be known that privacy is a big concern for us. Needless to say, I was able to breathe a huge sigh of relief once all was said and done.

Thanks to all of you who have helped a complete stranger plan what I believe could be one of my most memorable Disney trips ever. This has been a dream of mine for years now. I'm glad to see it finally start to come to fruition. YAY!!! If any of you have any more tips on FW and beyond, please feel free to send them on. Thank you all again so much!!!!!!!!!

:figment:

Oh, one more thing. I was told by the CM that I made my ressie with that the ferry at FW does not make a direct stop at the Magic Kingdom. He said that it goes to FW, then Wilderness Lodge, then MK. Is that accurate?

Congratulations Figment Chick! You've taken your first step into a much larger world! LOL Now get busy on that packing list, site decoration strategies, and mapping out your must-do's!

:santa:

Oh, one more thing. I was told by the CM that I made my ressie with that the ferry at FW does not make a direct stop at the Magic Kingdom. He said that it goes to FW, then Wilderness Lodge, then MK. Is that accurate?
There are two boat routes - One loops between FW and MK and the other loops between FW, WL and CR.

Thanks for the clarification. I knew that somewhere I had read where there is a MK launch there. Apparently the CM that I spoke with isn't too familiar with FW.

Hi Everyone: We stayed in the 1400 loop just recently and it was difficult getting our RV into the site. The difficult sites to enter seem to be the ones in the "loop or circle".
Last Dec. we stayed in 1438 and that was great. They have planted more trees around it now so am not sure what it will look like in a few months.

Do any of you have a suggestion for a really big site with a lot of space on the sides and perhaps in the back for all of our Christmas Disney BlowUps? Seems as though the same people manage to get the best sites every year and yet I am told you can not ask for a specific site and be guaranteed you will get it when you get there. I do know the earlier you check in the better site you will get and might even get the one you request if no one is in it at that moment.

We have 3 (will have 4 by then) in wheel chairs and we need to be near the CS and bus stops. We love being close to the Marina but most of those sites are the smaller ones.

We have been to Disney about 25 times (at least once a year for 3 weeks....sometimes more) but it changes every year.

Thanks for any help from any of you who might have been there recently too.

Judy, Ken and the special Angels:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter