Best FUNNY but TASTEFUL Family Name when boarding

(Mainly because it is our favorite show....)

"The Disney Magic wishes to welcome...

...the Modern Family!".....:thumbsup2

or The Addams Family!!
...the Simpsons!
....the Supercalifragilistic Family!

Our last name can be difficult to pronounce...often comes out as Quesadilla by folks without a spanish accent....so we actually just went with that a few times. Since we travel with another family, we let all the kids come up with a name last time, and we picked it from a hat....the winner?

The McNutt family.

DH (SO cute, at least he thinks so) said we were the Bond family - James Bond!
My maiden name is Bond and yes, my dad's first name is James. People always thought I was kidding when I told them that.

Last time one of these threads went around, someone either did, or were going to, say they're the Fa Fa Fa family, so it sounds like the CM is stuttering.

That's my favorite.:lmao:

Do you think the CM's get annoyed when people do this? Or do you think they think it's funny too? I wonder if they sit around at the end of embarkation and laugh about some of the names they had to announce.:confused3:lmao:

(Mainly because it is our favorite show....)

"The Disney Magic wishes to welcome...

...the Modern Family!".....:thumbsup2

SO CUTE! That's one of DBF's and my favorite shows, too. I love that idea! It'll be our first Disney Cruise, so I love that they do this! When do you tell them the name to say?

Do you think the CM's get annoyed when people do this? Or do you think they think it's funny too? I wonder if they sit around at the end of embarkation and laugh about some of the names they had to announce.:confused3:lmao:

I would guess it breaks the monotony for them. :thumbsup2

The next time we sail, it will be the three of us (myself, DH, and DD8), as well as both sets of grandparents. That's right, DD will be getting spoiled by both sets of grandparents for the 4-day portion of our B2B. (And could someone just point DH and I in the direction of the rum???) I think we should just be announced as "Grace and her family" or "Grace's Family". ;)

I have friends who whenever they go to a restaurant say their last name is "Bitter"... So when the host calls their name they say "Bitter party of 2"
:rotfl:

SO CUTE! That's one of DBF's and my favorite shows, too. I love that idea! It'll be our first Disney Cruise, so I love that they do this! When do you tell them the name to say?
_

You tell them right as you're entering the ship. A CM will ask you your last name and they will announce it and people will clap. We just came back from our first cruise (used our real name) and I managed to get it on film.:) I was filming and crying at the same time. :lmao:

I think next time we'll be different though and go with one of the funny names.:thumbsup2

I like the idea. We are puertorican and our best friends tell us we are a very crazy family, so i think the best one for us will be "The crazy puertorican Family"

Other ideas:
The goofy Family
The Joneses
The Bangaswamy Family
The little Family (Chicken Little)

My husband's family is from Hong Kong, and he may be taking ownership of a house there, that is causing us one legal headache after another. Our name is a Romanization of a Chinese character, and is pronounced as Deng (yeah, he's a cousin, but we're all from the Chiang Kai-Shek camp), Dunn, Dung, Dang, Teng, and Tang.

We come up with funny combinations all the time of the name. However, given the problems the house is causing, and the fact that it is the illustrious home of the honored Tang family (you'll bring honor to us all), we have dubbed it:

That Dang House

:)

The next time we sail, it will be the three of us (myself, DH, and DD8), as well as both sets of grandparents. That's right, DD will be getting spoiled by both sets of grandparents for the 4-day portion of our B2B. (And could someone just point DH and I in the direction of the rum???) I think we should just be announced as "Grace and her family" or "Grace's Family". ;)

"Princess Grace, and her royal entourage"

My great neices will be announced this with (with their last name). Three generations in that gang too.

That is awesome! My kids had all 4 grandparents on our cruise last October. With cousins, aunts, etc we had 19 total.
I'm not even a drinker but I so badly wanted the rum gone. :drinking1 All in all a great cruise but having that many, some new cruisers, made communication difficult. Plans kept changing but not everyone knew it. Stuff like that. Have fun!

"Princess Grace, and her royal entourage"

My great neices will be announced this with (with their last name). Three generations in that gang too.

Thanks for the great idea for our nieces this Nov! I'll let them come up with some variation of this.:thumbsup2

That is awesome! My kids had all 4 grandparents on our cruise last October. With cousins, aunts, etc we had 19 total.
I'm not even a drinker but I so badly wanted the rum gone. :drinking1 All in all a great cruise but having that many, some new cruisers, made communication difficult. Plans kept changing but not everyone knew it. Stuff like that. Have fun!

I know what you mean, we had 20 of us on a Nov 2009 cruise.:laughing:

Hi All,

I made the mistake of telling my DH that you could use a funny name when you were announced and he has decided that we will be introduced as...

"Doctor and Mrs. Viscount Vee Goatlips The Third"... It just kills him... As for me, you will be able to recognize me easily, I will be the gal with the long red braids wearing the fake nose and glasses and whistling innocently as we board.

As for suggestions... How about " The We Are Family", "Tom Morrow and Family", "Minnie and Mortimer", "Walt and Lillian", "The Spin and Marty Family", "The Partridge Family", "The Badabing Family", "The Swiss Family Robinson", "The Homoerectus Family", "Jonathan and Jennifer Hart", "Marge and Homer", "Lucy and Ricky", "Fred and Ethel", "Phillip and Aurora"...

I could go on but I will give others a chance. Let us know what you decide :)

Take care all, help lots of people and have a "Wonder"ful day!

Tisza

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter