best functional souvenier?

Watch is a great idea, I love mine!! Get a lot of complements on it. My favorite souv i bought last June. In Japan at epcot I bought one of the It's a small world clock's, this happens to be one of my favorites!!

yeah, epcot japan has some great stuff! i have a little candy dish that i bought there that i use often. plus their candy is delicious too :)

My favorite functional souvenier is my black Walt Dsney World hoodie. I picked it up 2 years ago when we were there and the weather turned frigid--<32 :earseek: --and I had forgotten to bring a coat. I have gotten more comments on that jacket, and even had someone try to"lift" it once.

Just back from our first trip to WDW and loved it! For myself, I had a ball making a charm bracelet. I first saw the charm display at the shop outside of Pirates on our first day. I kept thinking about it and that night when we ate dinner at the Poly, I saw the charms there too, so I decided to start one. I bought the bracelet and four charms to begin with. I got my three kids favorite characters and the castle charm since we had just finished watching Wishes from O'hana and thought it was beautiful. After that, I bought a charm to represent each thing we did on our trip...the magic hat for MGM, the ball for Epcot, a Blizzard Beach charm, the Animal Kingdom charm, Ariel (my personal favorite princess) and one from the Boardwalk hotel where we stayed. I have been wearing it everyday since we got home and it keeps me in that "magical place".

We also purchased beach towels at Blizzard Beach (since I knew we needed some new ones anyway) and my kids loved doing the penny presses and each made a book.

I got a watch when we went in Oct. - a really nice watch! I love it! Basically my functional souveniers are shirts. I always buy a nice shirt, and we always buy a Christmas ornament.

fran99999 said:
I bought myself a new Disney tote bag. Yes it would have been cheaper online but I only purchased it because I left the one I bought last year at home, by mistake. OK it did take awhile to stuff it under the couch so NOONE could find it. I think this years black is much better than last years blue. Oh and I needed the new antenna topper. Can you imagine someone stole the last one right off the car 3 days before we left. OH and my last years T shirt that the washing machine as a small whole through. Oh I bought a new shirt and disney patch to fix the old one wasnt I lucky the whole was right where the patch would look so good.

HMMM never thought of leaving the watch at home to get a new one there. Maybe next trip LOL

Yes I am married to mr cheapskate. Its easier to deceive than to try to explain and he loves to help pick out the new stuff. Only is cheap at the register so I pay all the WDW bills and he doesnt have a stroke. Last years trip for 5 people only cost us $1200 staying at the CBR for 7 nights. YEA Like I said I pay the bills if he only knew the rooms alone were that much. He likes to have the kids in one room and us in another.

As He tells me dont tell me what I dont want to hear. 12 years of marriage and he is about clueless on almost everything. LOL

OMG I should take a page from your book! The whole trip for only 1200! Aren't you just too wonderful.

:earboy2:

BEACH TOWELS. We bought four last year and they are lasting longer than the ones I bought the beginning of this summer for our pool.

We bought Mickey Mouse salt & pepper shakers. We use them every night at dinner--we talk about Disney almost every night also because of them!

As a jewelry lover, I like to pick of pieces of jewelry on all my vacations. One of the best places for good silver pieces is in Epcot World Showcase, Mexico, a little shop down in the pyramid. Nice silver, not too expensive.

I made a charm bracelet. Most shops had a charm stand and I collected one from each park, including Blizzard Beach. I also got one for our hotel (BWI) and each of my kids favorite character as well as my own personal favorite, Ariel! I had a ball doing this!

I also love my new shirt from Animal Kingdom...just a simple white t-shirt with an animal-print Mickey head on the front!

I was given a great Nightmare b4 Christmas watch for...Christmas.lol. I think I'm going to look for a villians beach towel this trip. I've seen one of the designs and it looked fabulous!!!!! :jumping1:

We just went in October. We bought popcorn at each of the parks and brought home the buckets. Every Friday we have a family night and either play a Dis game or watch a movie. We enjoy making popcorn and using the buckets. Helps us to remember our trip. I also bought a few boxes of Mickey cookies and pretzels. Every once and awhile I put them in the kids lunches or have them for a snack. They love the treat. My husband also surprised me at Christmas with two silver charms of a boy and girl wearing Mickey ears. Each time we go down I've bought some kind of charm for my traditional bracelet or my Italian charm bracelet. I started going when I was 8 years old in 1985, so I've collected a number of items over the years...towels, shirts, sweatshirts (yes I still have my first one from 1985), charms, snowglobes, salt and pepper shakers, cookbooks. My mom also used to get us an ornament every year and give it to us at Thanksgiving to put on the tree. I've started the same tradition with my DD and DS.

lmermaid-- DW has a traditional charm bracelet that she got as a girl. She has several Disney charms from trips that she took as a child including a Disney 15th anniversary one. She has started a bracelet for DD4 and they are planning to add to it in May when we go to Disney.

We bought some really nice Disney bath towels during our last trip. Found them in a little store in Frontierland. I also bought a coffee mug. We also decided to start a magnet collection from Disney. Will buy one for every trip now.

My favorite functional souvies are my coffee mugs. I always have my coffee in a WDW mug.

What about the monorail frig magnet? It has a button you press and says "please stand clear of the doors..." in English and Spanish. We have two of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter