best functional souvenier?

Fitswimmer said:
A lunch bag! I brown-bag it every day and I bought a lunch bag 2 years ago at the Emporium on Main Street that has "Walt Disney World" on it and the symbols of all 4 parks. It has two compartments, with room for ice packs in both.

Ooh, I have that one!! I LOVE it -- use it all the time! :teeth:

I you are buying any breakables it Disney shipping is the only way to go. Great prices and NO worries. I buy figurines when I go. Had Disney ship. 2 out of the three in a box were broken. Called the number given and they were replaced quickly and with no problems. :cheer2: :cheer2: :banana: :love:

I collect disney cookie jars so I have bought several of those. Also, a few trips ago I bought a ceramic cannister to keep coffee in. It has Mickey on it and I use it every day. I bought it at a little coffee type shop on main street near the main gate.

I love my mickey head ice cube tray and pizza cutter. We use them all the time.

But my most functional souvenir was also the least expensive. At the Confectionery on Main Street, I purchased a package of candy that was inside a plastic monorail with all the characters on it. The monorail was also a bank. Once the candy was gone, we use the bank to collect all the loose change in the house for our WDW bank account.

I haven't read all the replies, but I will list some of the stuff I've bought. I love to shop at WDW!

Many blankets and pillows, every wallet, purse, tote bag, suitcase they've ever made (I have an addiction to bags:rolleyes1), waffle maker, cookie maker, pizza cutter, salt and pepper shakers, tons of clothes, visors, hats, antenna balls (I keep a list so I know what I already have), back scratchers, pens, pencils, paper, notebooks, couple of camera cases, bottle straps, refillable mugs, wine glasses, coffee mugs, trays, clothes, shoes, jammies, kimonos we got in Japan, extremely comfy robe I got at Grand Floridian, tea from England (some flavors I have only found there), Peter Pan cookie tin/piggy bank for saving my change :thumbsup2, beach towels, little mickey ice cube thingies (reusable, I love ice cold milk but real ice makes milk watery), Mickey poncho for my dog (if it was raining, she refused to go out until you put the poncho on her :lmao:), sunglasses for the kids since they always forget theirs, mini flashlights, mousepad, lots of watches (I just broke the strap on the one I got in DLP :sad2:, so I will be getting a new one), cell phone case, Palm case, Mickey head water bottle head on carabiner clip, lots of CDs that I've now transferred to my iPods, and lots more stuff, but I don't have time to go through the house looking right now. And yes, I do use all of this stuff at home! But the most functional things I have gotten are...

the Mickey bath, hand towel, washcloth sets embroidered with my name on them. My family goes through a ton of towels and they leave them all over the house. When they are out of towels, too bad-time for them to do laundry! Now I never have to worry about going to take a shower and finding out there are no clean towels :angel:

QUOTE [......kids since they always forget theirs, mini flashlights, mousepad, lots of watches (I just broke the strap on the one I got in DLP , so I will be getting a new one), cell phone case, Palm case,]

where did you end up finding the palm case?????

would love to find one :)

where did you end up finding the palm case?????

would love to find one :)

I found it in Mouse Gears in EPCOT but since I got it on clearance (I seem to luck out on finding clearance stuff at WDW) I imagine they don't sell it anymore. I haven't seen once since actually. This is why I buy the stuff when I see it; it will be gone next time!

I like the kitchen stuff too, I got these super cute measuring spoons that make me happy whenever I use them! Also a dish strainer, that thing that keeps gunk from going down the drain, and dish towels....I want to have a red & white kitchen, mickey themed, so am doing it little by little...Also those personalized name tags, you can wear them on every trip! I got my husband the one that is a sheriff badge, he loves it!

Every vacation we go on I always come home with a magnet. My refrigerator holds a lot of wonderful memories. :goodvibes

I always get

Lg photo album with date
Sm photo album
Christmas orniments
antena toppers
Looking for a new thimble!! They always have the same one!
If ya see one let me know!

Im going to add to my italian charm bracelet and regular charm bracelet.
Id like a sweatshirt this year too!

I always get

Lg photo album with date
Sm photo album
Christmas orniments
antena toppers
Looking for a new thimble!! They always have the same one!
If ya see one let me know!

Im going to add to my italian charm bracelet and regular charm bracelet.
Id like a sweatshirt this year too!

i recently got a non-function functional souvenier from the disney store...i lived in a city for 7 years, and didn't need a car. last month i moved to the suburbs and got my parents old honda. well the first thing i did was run to the disney store to buy two antennae toppers (a classic black mickey head, and cute little wilbur from Meet the Robinsons). i get out to my car and realize...it doesn't have an antennae. whoops. :headache:

Every vacation we go on I always come home with a magnet. My refrigerator holds a lot of wonderful memories. :goodvibes

I do the same thing. Not just from Disney though. I love looking at them and it brings back memories without having to see pictures.

I also buy an ornament each year we go to Disney (also got one from Universal). It's obviously not something I use each day, but again, it brings back memories.

I bought a Cinderella waffle iron. However, I paid $50 for it and I saw it at TJMAXX for $12.99 last week. I also bought a red colander with Mickey head for the holes and a Tinkerbell cookie jar. Very cute! Last year, I bought an ornament. I don't think I would buy one every year but each Christmas we will think of our great trips to Disney!

Not exactly the most glamorous souvenir ever-but we still have and use our bar or Dr. Spot from Basin (it's a stain treater). Otherwise, magnets, my Tink hoodie and magnets. :)

I have not been to disney since 2002, but I bought two sweatshirts and the mickey and minnie stuffed dolls. They were dressed up in white outfits for christmas. I had to have them, and I hope they have some more this trip.

We bought some matching Mickey head bowls.. a sublte ring around the nice sized cereal type bowl.. plastic, they come in a pack of 4.. in matching tones of purple, blues & greens... then my neice & nephew bought us the matching water goblets.. which the kids love using when I have out the glass wine goblets during the holidays !!:goodvibes

A couple of other things are a Disney photo album, and scrapbook album

Every year we let the boys pick out a special magnet to place on our fridge. We have the freezer door saved for our disney magnets.

i recently got a non-function functional souvenier from the disney store...i lived in a city for 7 years, and didn't need a car. last month i moved to the suburbs and got my parents old honda. well the first thing i did was run to the disney store to buy two antennae toppers (a classic black mickey head, and cute little wilbur from Meet the Robinsons). i get out to my car and realize...it doesn't have an antennae. whoops. :headache:

Our car also does not have an antenna, it has one of those fin ones.
We use the antenna toppers on our cordless phones and boombox antenas.Sometimes for the phone you have to make the hole a little bit bigger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter