• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best functional souvenier?

Thanks for all of the ideas in this thread

My 1 thing I buy every year ( I actually buy 2 of them ) is something I NEED........if I didn't put one on my car I swear it doesn't run properly. I get a Disney license plate. 1 on my car the other(sometimes same) in my bedroom !

:)

The suveniers that I am still using are: my tigger hoodie (I love it when its cold enough to wear it), the EPCOT CD- I play it in my car and it takes me back to illuminations and even Tapestry of Dreams, I use the WDW backpack as a purse - the thin one that lays flat when it's empty, I have a tigger that is on a suction cup that I have hanging on my rear view mirror (it doesn't block the view at all) that reminds me of WDW. I also love my T-shirts and the refillable mugs!

I like the watch idea also, I wear my lastest watch from our last trip everyday, and will get another on the next trip, and another, and another, I like watches, and usually they will have Walt and Mickey on them somewhere on the band or on the face of the watch. Great useful keepsake of your trips.

cjhentschel said:
Everytime we go to Disney World - we always buy a christmas ornament. Last year I bought a new Minnie tree topper since mine disappeared (my DH didn't like it). Then we at least buy something from our hotel and little things. I do try to buy at least one shirt per shirt with the year on it and a frame.
pixiedust:

We buy a Christmas ornament from every place we travel to. Of course,
athe WDW ones are the most special!

The Pizza cutter was the best thing ever to buy. It's functional and keeps the magic in the house. Of course the martini glasses come in good use also. :drinking1

It's quite possible someone already posted this, but this thread is waaay long and I didn't read all of the posts.

I found that the little magic towels were my most functional souveniers. (They are actually facecloths) I bought one every day in each theme park, I unwrapped them and wet them and put them on my neck. Instant cool down! And now I have a bunch of cool facecloths at home that remind us of our trip every time we use them. :goodvibes

Ink Pen. This is so I will have something to write the checks with to pay all of the bills when they come due. :rotfl2:

I still enjoy the cheap sunglasses that I found sitting smack dab in the middle of Sunset Blvd at Disney-MGM. Cheap enough so I didn't feel guilty picking them up and wearing them, but good enough so they keep the sun out of my eyes. As an added bonus, my kids were 'skeeved out' about me wearing them.

checkwriter said:
I still enjoy the cheap sunglasses that I found sitting smack dab in the middle of Sunset Blvd at Disney-MGM. Cheap enough so I didn't feel guilty picking them up and wearing them, but good enough so they keep the sun out of my eyes. As an added bonus, my kids were 'skeeved out' about me wearing them.

wait, do you mean you bought them at MGM, or just found them lying in the street? :rotfl2:

i bought a pair of ariel sparkly sunglasses at downtown disney in 2002 - i think they are for little kids but they fit me perfectly. i still wear them every day! and only $8! :smooth:

I hardly ever buy stuff at WDW, but this discussion inspired me to pick up something practical. I ended up getting a keychain, a shirt and some princess plates for the godchildren.

Love my mickey umbrella, but my absolute favorite is my Tigger Brush. I picked it up for the kids but I love it. If they still have them I'm getting at :tigger: least two more. The kids keep taking it out of the bathroom.

Densie

Mickey Soap & Shampoos from the resort rooms. Little kids love them, they are very functional and they are free (well, excluding cost of room!).

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but I always keep the Mickey Mouse shaped plastic dishes they give you in CS restaurants at MK (from the kids meals). We had two from April 05 that I just threw away and now I have one new one from our last April trip. I even wash them in the dishwasher and they lasted that long....We also bring back photo albums (that we make and decorate ourselves) and new Disney t-shirts every year.

eb084a7b.jpg

de7ddaa7.jpg

This is my charm bracelet. My two daughters also have their own.
I purchased the bracelet two years before I saw it at the Parks, I just added a few charms when I got down there.
It's not silver. I wear it often and it's getting a little greyish, but I still love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter