• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best fried chicken ?

DLfan4

Cant wait for another trip to DLR
hello the Fried chicken at the plaza inn is on my must do list. but i also hear Dis'ers talking about Knotts chicken, and Roscoes chicken and waffles. ( i know roscoes is not open yet)

if you had to choose one chicken dinner to goto, which would you suggest?

Plaza Inn! Eating outside under the umbrellas, listening to the park sounds, and enjoying the perfect So/Cal weather........ the Best Fried Chicken on Earth!!!! Wish I had some NOW!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Enjoy your trip!

--Lori

Plaza Inn most definitely!

I've never had Knott's chicken dinner but we will go there on our next trip to Anaheim and also check out the new mine train ride getting good reviews.

We'd choose Plaza Inn, because once we're at the Resort, we hate leaving to drive anywhere, and the fried chicken there is fantastic, BUT…… Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant is absolutely delicious, and if you have any desire to go, I most certainly would!::yes::

Plaza in is good and you get a generous portion, but Mrs Knotts is even better with and even more ridiculous portion.

Whatever you do... do NOT order it at Rainforest Cafe in downtown Disney. Glorified chicken nuggets for $18. So gross.

Another vote for Plaza. My family likes to eat dinner there during the fireworks, it's the perfect spot :bitelip:

Kriss pirate:

I'm gonna say Knotts, but just by a hair. Both Plaza Inn and Knotts are both places that raise Fried Chicken to an art form. The biscuits at Knotts are amazing. They might be the deciding factor. What I'd do is go to Mrs. Knotts for breakfast and order the Fried Chicken and eggs with the biscuits and gravy, then head over to DL for the day.

Having done both I like the Plaza Inn better. But it is a personal choice. If your at Knott's do have the chicken dinner. But I wouldn't leave DL just to do it.

OK ----NOW!!!!! - We have to make a stop at The Plaza for the Chicken..... You talked us into it..... :thumbsup2

Thanks

Soooo...if the fireworks are at 9:25 when's an ideal time to snag a table for dinner?
Do y'all think its doable to leave afterwards and still have time to get a F! Seating area spot for the second show?

I really appreciate any answers. been wanting to try the fried chicken :)

Go get both! At Knotts get it togo and take it under the tunnel at picnic in their little park area. Uncrowded and relaxing.
Plaza Inn recently increased the price so Knotts is cheaper now too. Order by the piece at Knotts, not on the menu but you can still do it. Get something from their bakery too, it's just to the left on the togo Chicken counter, and the prices are 50% or so less than Disney's! They make everything right there. No $4 cookies in sight! Love it. Now I have to go there tomorrow, the hop back on the 5 and to Disney..

MychaelP said:
Go get both! At Knotts get it togo and take it under the tunnel at picnic in their little park area. Uncrowded and relaxing.
Plaza Inn recently increased the price so Knotts is cheaper now too. Order by the piece at Knotts, not on the menu but you can still do it. Get something from their bakery too, it's just to the left on the togo Chicken counter, and the prices are 50% or so less than Disney's! They make everything right there. No $4 cookies in sight! Love it. Now I have to go there tomorrow, the hop back on the 5 and to Disney..

Your killing me here. It all sounds so nice and tasty and economical, imagine that! :)

The restaurant in front of Knotts Berry Farm is the best. Roscoes is a very close 2nd. Plaza Inn is good but a bit dry.

I haven't had Knott's chicken or Roscoe's, only Plaza Inn. So far anyway, I have not had dry chicken at The Plaza Inn. It has always been moist and tender. If I wasn't in a public place, my animali instincts would just love to attack it like a wild beastie. :) Yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter